Sign in to follow this  
Lt_Phoenix

Dramatic bank robbery in norway

Quote[/b] ] .....maby the guns where from Sweden.....

In Norway we have a saying: "Why cross the river to fetch water" . There are military weapons in abundance in the criminal community - why go to all the trouble with getting the hardware from Sweden?

Makes me think of a robery i the USA where two heavy armored and armed robbers managed to hold off the police in a realy long time cause of the thick body amor and they carried AK47 and G3 so they could easily surpress the cobs trying shoot them it was first when they tried to escape and they spilt up, SWAT managed to kill them.

Too bad the police officer was killed in norway maby the guns where from Sweden Hells Angels managed to steal AT4 and used them against Bandidos in the Danish rocker war.

STGN

I´d say your thinking of the north hollywood bank robbery shootout back in 97´ (i belive it was)

And yes, they took a Pskott M86 and fired it against a Bandidos holdout, but it also did no dammage since it´s not a high explosive weapon. just made a nice clean hole in the wall(s)

And why would you say that we guns had to come from just SWEDEN? that´s a poor generalizing. There are more then one way to get a G3. mad_o.gif

...Because it's not already illegal to use weapons to rob banks?

What difference will making it illegal twice.

He was being sarcastic? Scandinavia has strict gun laws.

Im not surprised by Kevlar vests, military automatic rifles or explosives but Kevlar helmets was a new one to me.

There was a robbery of an armoured car in sweden not too long ago where the robbers had military rifles and explosives, they also put stuff on the road to flatten the cops tires. I dont know if it was this robbery or another but in one attempt they started cutting through the door of the armoured car and when they got through - shit there is another layer - and they went  tounge_o.gif

This was a while ago so Im not sure everything is 100% correct:

I think I saw that US robbery on TV with they guys with AKs and kevlar vests. The cops realized they had armour and they went to get heavier guns from a nearby gunstore. They also started to shoot at the legs instead of at the upper body and when one of the robbers couldnt walk after being shot he killed himself.

I am kinda glad that the criminals blocked the police from attempting to stop them. From the what I have read, I highly doubt a cop with a 9mm and maybe a weak kevlar vest would last long against heavily armed professionals like these were. They would have been slaughtered.

Did any security cameras get pics of the criminals?

One of the robbers were reportedly injured in the firefight.

The policeman who was killed was unarmed. He was shot while sitting inside the command police vehicle mad_o.gif

I just read an article about this in a Swedish newspaper and they had interviewed a swedish police office from some task force against organised crime.

According to him this was most likely the work of a group of international criminals with connections in most countries in the region. These contacts provide them with targets, weapons, vehicles etc and then proffesional (ex military?) criminals go in and do the job. Then they leave, probably escape to a neighboring Scandinavian country,

Further more, these guys could have done a lot more damage than they did. The show of restraint probably means that they have done this before, and are comfortable doing it.

So, we are going to see more of this I reckon.

According to him this was most likely the work of a group of international criminals with connections in most countries in the region. These contacts provide them with targets, weapons, vehicles etc and then proffesional (ex military?) criminals go in and do the job. Then they leave, probably escape to a neighboring Scandinavian country,

Further more, these guys could have done a lot more damage than they did. The show of restraint probably means that they have done this before, and are comfortable doing it.

denoir! wow_o.giftounge_o.gif

I thought I heard they got the names of four suspects, of which at least two were eastern Europeans.

There are quite many robberies of money transports in Sweden, and it seems the criminals often use assault rifles and spread these special spikes on the road to flatten the police cars' tires.

Quote[/b] ]This was a while ago so Im not sure everything is 100% correct:

That was the LA bank robbery and shoot-out, the same as STGN was talking about. I saw that too quite a long time ago.

I thought I heard they got the names of four suspects, of which at least two were eastern Europeans.

That is correct. These suspects are supposed to have links to an Oslo based robbery operation.

Some of them are tied to other brutal robberies like the one that Colossus mentioned earlier that took place at the postoffices letter central in Oslo last fall.

On of the suspect is reported to have dragged a female cashier out of her booth by her hair in another robbery.

The two suspects that were apprehended yesterday for stealing the cars used in the robbery have been released, and have been aquitted of these charges.

This afternoon a house in Stavanger was stormed by heavily armed police, but nothing was uncovered. Some of the police cars used in the raid were registered in Oslo, and there are speculations that it was Oslo Police's specially trained "Delta-force" (how original crazy_o.gif ) that took part in the raid.

Here's a pic from the raid:

pengeran_70676a.jpg

Quote[/b] ]denoir!

Or maybe The Bavarian Battlesmurf... wink_o.giftounge_o.gifblues.gif

The Police still suspect that the robbers are still in Stavanger,

how stupid is that?

If you can complete a robbery like that you are of course

smart enought to get out of the country fast.

We should have a DNA registration here and in other countries

so that the police can take the bad guys faster.

It is of course risky to make that, but if you make it in a

secure and local network then it can be used servure

enought. Plus that only key persons only have access to the

network, and the search for a person must be verify by court.

The Police still suspect that the robbers are still in Stavanger,

how stupid is that?

If you can complete a robbery like that you are of course

smart enought to get out of the country fast.

They may be laying low for a while. You never know.

The Police need intell, and seem to be acting on tips from the public.

They also searched a plane bound for Amsterdam, and searched an abandond farm i Sokndal, outside Egersund.

1 000 000 NOK for the tips that comes to the capture of the

robbers.

And why would you say that we guns had to come from just SWEDEN? that´s a poor generalizing. There are more then one way to get a G3.  mad_o.gif

I said that because I have heared that Hell Angelse or some body els had robed a Swedish Ammo depo or somthing and had taken AT4 which ended up hitting a Bandidos club house in Denmark and if a Swedish weapon can end up in Denmark, I don't see why it couldent end up in Norway too rock.gif

Enybody know what type of helmet and body amor(I mean name not fabric) they wore.

I saw a police man carrying a MP5 whit Aimpoint on TV yestoday was that after the episode??

STGN

Didnt know about the army depots and you can actually buy kevlar vests from e-bay.  crazy_o.gif

If these were the same guys that commited robberies in Finland and Denmark are they working for themselves or are they on some crime syndicates payroll?

You can also buy kevlar vests in certain weapon shops and also from certain security companies. The company Swedish body armour has an office right near where I live and I do beleive you can buy vests at your own leisure (not sure if it's that easy but my cousin who works for SECURITAS bought himself quite a vest from them about a year ago). Also there are plenty of army depots around here, not sure about their contents but they are green steel huts surrounded by barbed-wire fencing and a simple lock from what I see going past in a train/car.

All in all a very sad incident, and regular police in Norway don't carry firearms unless the situation calls for it do they?

All in all a very sad incident, and regular police in Norway don't carry firearms unless the situation calls for it do they?

Nope they need clearence.. and get back to the station, get their 9mm and then return to the firefight and return fire.

Quote[/b] ]Nope they need clearence.. and get back to the station, get their 9mm and then return to the firefight and return fire.

That's not correct at all! They do need clearance but several of the patroling cars have weapons (revolvers/pistols) securely locked inside the glove compartement. The clearance is thus only a telephone call away. It is under special circumstances also allowed to use the weapon without contacting the police station first. The police does however not carry weapons on themselves.

They have the same system in GB and it works fine.

Last update:

One man is captured by Swedish police in, of course, Sweden.

The man was wanted by the police in Norway for the

robbery.

The local redneck town I live in upgraded to ar-15's a few years back. Had a bad experience with shotguns, or maybe that was another town. Basiclly, most of the precients here now put an AR-15 (or M4 equiv) in the trunk of most cruisers, and the officers don't go anywhere without their 9mm loaded and ready. Sadly, there has been a couple cases recently where in a scuffle drug-tripping punks grabbed the holstered guns and killed 2~3 deputies over the last year or so.

Shotguns are still available in the armory's, but they're being relegated to on-call backup.

Last update:

robbery.

According to the short article on Aftonbladet.se, the arrested suspect is not one of the four previously wanted suspects, thus the number of people the Norwegian police is focusing on has risen to five.

Looks like they have apprehended 3 of the robbery suspects in Gřteborg, Sweden.

I hope they have finally caught some of the bastards now mad_o.gif

I will be attending a memorial service in honour of the Police Chief Constable who was killed in the robbery on Monday. This will be a tribute from the whole volunteer rescue community in the area around Stavanger. He was almost like a colleague to us

Last update:

robbery.

make that 3 persons!

Let's hope they are the guilty ones.

Norwegian newspaper