Sign in to follow this  
-75th-Wacky_Iraqi-LtC-

Saint david island

Ya your right I must of read it wrong or the map was wrong. I just checked a few maps and didnt see it on any of them (i used ones from Brittany, Normandy and one town name from the southern alps one. Do any of you guys strongly want me to go back and change the name?

the name doesnt NEED the "É" , "Evreux" is ok, but Eureux doesnt sound the same and sounds like "Heureux" with a typo.

heureux = happy, like you would have named the city "Appy" ;)

Okay I am going to change it and fix a few bugs, then I will release a new version.

Anything else you guys want changed?

As in stuff that is already there because like adding mountains and hills would take a long time cuz i would have to go through and set everything's Z position to that of hte mountains which would take a while.

EDIT: Name is now fixed going to fix the bugs

I would like to see the Baracken Airport and bases too.

I will think about adding those. I really wanted it to be a stand alone thing so that you don't have to download anything else. But like I said I will think about it.

Would anyone care if I changed the airport around from sand to grass?

Assuming I can get the new runway textures (Nogova Airstrip with grass instead of sand) working...

Nah i dont have a problem with it i think its kinda odd seeing it sand with grass around it i would strongly suggest changing it to grss using the mapfact barraken for bases and using the mapfact radio tower and control tower at the airport etc..

Anyways great job,

-BlackDeath

I've been bitching at jake on msn constantly about using mapfact buildings, and we're also going to be making some custom vehicles for the airport.

could i suggest having the airports further apart from each other?

@MLF- I do not think I will be able to change that. That would require me to completely move either the small island or find a new huge flat place somewhere for the larger airport. I may be able to make another island in the North with another airport though im not sure.

@Blackdeath- If I get the grass texture ones working properly I will add them otherwise we are stuck with sand. And Im still not sure about the Mapfact stuff.

EXCELLENT JOB on the island, guys! I've spent at least two hours cruising through it in an Iltis listening to some nice music and I must say this is simply one of the nicest islands I've ever explored!!!

P.S.: It is true that OFP is in DIRE NEED of airport vehicles!!!

Also, the fact that your island has a golf course is just too cool! Reminded me of GTA:VC... now all we need is a golfing unit with ball, clubs & everything! biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the great work, you keep OFP alive!!!

Put on Texture View. To the East near a small town you'll see patches of sand.

Has some poles as hole markers, too, but I don't think they're the regular 18 in total, I think they're about 5 or 6.

Edit: The golf course is just south of Dreux.

There are more than 5... a lot more. There is actually one that is west of the main part and its on the side of the mountain and you have to hit the ball across the small valley into the hole on the otherside, its like a Par 500. I was going to do 18 but it wouldve required too much space.

Oooops... guess I'll have to crank out the Iltis again to do more scouting... tounge_o.gif

Seriously, we definitely need that golfing script!

hey, this is cool...

i had anic time practising my sniper skills on your golf course,

just placed a east soldier next to every hole i could find and went out with my .50 and tried to hit em biggrin_o.gif

did really well i must say ;)

I made some OFrP and Tonalis visit each other with a Russian spetsnatz colonel flying in on a Russian Police Mi2.

Then I played as a US Delta Force Sniper, inserted from the north part of the island, and avoided patrols. Took them all down.

If you want the mission (No cutscenes, in editor), addons are:

OFrP troops & weapons

BAS Tonal

BDM St. David

BAS De/Ras

NO Mi2 Hoplite

UCE/SDOC Updated Russian units

EDIT: If you want it I'll zip it up and send on MSN or ICQ

Thinking about the need of airport vehicles and golf carts, it came to my mind that there was once a guy who converted the Grand Theft Auto Firetruck into an addon for OFP (and he managed to put the driver on the wrong side of the cabin, too, but otherwise, very nice addon). To shorten the workload, why not convert some models from GTA:Vice City? They have golf carts, airport vehicles, and some other nice things which we also have, but those two nobody ever attempted to make for OFP...

I can tell you why:

After he had imported that fire truck he realised that it'd take him less time to build the whole thing from scratch.

But, well, if you could find a more effective way to import all that stuff, it'd be cool, I wish you luck. I'm worried a bit about the whole copyright stuff, though... rock.gif