Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Retirement

Ok, since my status was adjusted before I get to ban some people, guess I'll spill the beans now.

About 4 months ago, I submitted application form to Coalescent, the VBS1 makers, for the job opening they had for mission maker.

They contacted me on Tuesday and decided to hire me for the position.

I guess being a moderator of this forum kind of helped me get the job, and my clean record, along with some missions I sent in in OFP format manage to sway them.

I'm moving out in 15th to Florida, and one of conditions they are hiring me is that I need to cut contacts with the community.

It was hard decision for me and thought about it over numerous weeks, but because I do have some wanting for making a living, decided to take it.

However, they did not stipulate that I have to destroy my account, so I guess I have search function to utilize if I get stuck at work tounge_o.gif

This is kind of sad for me that I don't get to talk with you guys more, and will miss the community. I certainly had ups and downs here, but would not exchange any of the time sI had here.

I'd like to thank my fellow mods, including denoir, for all the times we had. we certainly had fun and agony on this board, but it was worth every moment.

I wish you guys further luck, when OFP2 comes out, and boards get busy.

For all the pundits i met, keep on the work. this is one of the reasons why we can't let got of this forum, and hope that the tradition continues.

Not much to say right now since someone decided to change my member account before I was going to type better departing words before then.

gonna miss you guys.

RW

Bullshit  biggrin_o.gif I thought we'd only have one april fool's thread  wink_o.gif

You know, had you not posted this, I would have believed that some other mod was playing a prank on you. Better luck next year  smile_o.gif

sorry about the bad timing, but it's not April 1st here in LA, so my comments stand. rock.gif

Soon I will reclaim my rightful place as sole moderator, just 6 more to go smile_o.gif

The story adds up to a point. I know the last community member that was hired as a mission maker for VBS1. He had to move to Florida, cut of all ties with the community, and AFAIK, he quit the job quite a few month ago, but my bullshit detector is still buzzing like crazy.

Why? I've never seen a mission made by Ralph. biggrin_o.gif

Lol, I gotta say this is an April fools prank, but I could be wrong. and If I am I'll take Ralph's place tounge_o.gif

Why?  I've never seen a mission made by Ralph.   biggrin_o.gif

it's kind of sad point, but the fact is if i post missions on the web, it is not a win-win situation for me.

The level of mission making skills they asked was not that high IMO, and most of the things I turned in were bits and pieces I had in relations to specific areas, such as MP script handling, event handlers, and general idea of how things work.

I didn't even bother packing them in PBO format, and they took the files with no problem.

You leaving, Ralphy?

We're gonna miss you here sad_o.gif

Well, good luck and don't be gone too long! smile_o.gif

(DIBS ON HIS CD PLAYER!! biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif)

[Gareth Gates must die]

The level of mission making skills they asked was not that high IMO, and most of the things I turned in were bits and pieces I had in relations to specific areas, such as MP script handling, event handlers, and general idea of how things work.

I didn't even bother packing them in PBO format, and they took the files with no problem.

We've reached a Stage II Bullshit alert: ALL HANDS ON DECK!!.

If it's true, well done to you.

If it's not. To hell with you. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Good luck, Ralphie.

And make sure you send me that you-know-what wink_o.gif

We've reached a Stage II Bullshit alert: ALL HANDS ON DECK!!.

In Yiddish, under these circumstances, we would say ALL HANDS ON DREK. biggrin_o.gif

If you ask me, Ralphie's going because he lost the VIP challenge. tounge_o.gif

if it is true, great mighty job, who says that playing videogame doesnt pay.

else.... lol

I still love u smile_o.gif

If it's true, well done to you.

If it's not. To hell with you. tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

HAHA i second that biggrin_o.gif

If Ralph is going to be making missions, we´ll see him alot in the mission - editing thread screaming for help biggrin_o.gif

If the story is true, good luck and best wishes. Always been fun to have you as moderator. In fact we will loose one of the funnier mods then sad_o.gif

If it´s not true, Wabbitman will be coming for you and take away all your OFP copys for a month. tounge_o.gif

wabbitmanx.gif

biggrin_o.gif Good one, but I don't buy it! With this being the third aprilfool thread I read, I'm getting suspicious at every news released wink_o.gif

its only been april fools here for a few hours, and i've already seen a few spam/fools threads on these forums, which normally are usualy spam free. Don't use this silly occasion to spam the Boards. its not gonna infulence others too well, and by the end of the day, they'll be idiots posting threads about ofp2 being released, vbs1 being released to the public, and BAS calling it quits.  sad_o.gif its a little ridiculous i think in a generally well-behaved forums

Nah don't take it so seriously. I mean lets celebrate it like the festive lying day that it is!

Good luck with your new job ( and do me a favor: Clean my name at Coalescent :P )

But if you are B/S then:

I am not happy with you and do what ever it takes to get your ass to Coalescent  tounge_o.gif

Good luck Ralph - you'r a nice fellow  smile_o.gif

This must be the best AF joke I've seen so far biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif