Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

The dual weapon concept is one I've thought about and I'll tell ya what I've determined so far.....

For a number of reasons it would require some config and scripting voodoo. In short, a regular weapon configured as secondary (so that it shows on the player's back and whatnot) will be held like a shoulder-fired AT weapon. We can overcome that limit in a few ways, and maybe it's worth it for a sniper who can carry a regular weapon in some cases. It's an idea I would like to flesh out some more. Sounds like a cool idea and maybe we'll give it a shot. Obviously like other dreamy ideas we come up with we try to weigh the benefit against the time and hassle of doing it.

See, and the other thing is that now you guys probably care about AI using it correctly too which seems about as likely as me dating Jennifer Garner. Damn you!! ;)

Well, speaking just for myself, I would be much happier to see it for players only (i.e. not AI) than not to see it at all.

If it proves too much hassle, please pass any info you have to me and I'll take a stab at it myself. wink_o.gif

I'd like to see:

Pistol run/ sprint speed the same as rifle run/ sprint speed (mainly an issue when using a large weapon that requires rifle slot, or when you want to use your silenced handgun.

Re-worked 'target spotted' messages - either using the clock system properly and consistently, or using compass directions or even bearings in mils.

Maybe extra radio messages for this in MP, but not necessary because it'd probably be faster to just type/ use mic.

Same for when in vehicles. AI tends to say 'Target man, 0, 6' or something - doesn't ever seem to be the right bearing, if thats what it is supposed to be.

the AI usually gives targets either in clock form or grid referance.

-ZiRo

Ok Ok i dont no if its been said. The Description File for the mortors was Stated in the WarGames Tech Manual. but its huge and i cant Copy and Paste it. so i was wondering if someone could make it so i could copy and paste it by posting it or something smile_o.gif

Matt

Quote[/b] ]I'd like to see:

Pistol run/ sprint speed the same as rifle run/ sprint speed (mainly an issue when using a large weapon that requires rifle slot, or when you want to use your silenced handgun.

Soo true!

I asked several mod groups to take care of this and like nobody seems to be able to do this I start to doubt if it is possible to do   ghostface.gif

I wish one day we will see it...

Same for moving with no weapon....

@Matt: Its inside the description.ext which comes with the demo mission.. it should be with /users/default .. i think..

any chance to get a different weaponsight with the AH1 and AH64? i would like the one from BoHs AH64 mixed with the "TVscreen" look of BIS own russian AH version (dont know the name.. its the one with two rotors) .. althoug we never will have the IR look the real ones have... or?

EDIT:

i just saw some tank demos with M1A1s.. they have actually very little, quite undense dust which stays around very long.. (compared to the various tank-dust-scripts for OFP today)

or am i wrong? same with explosions... the dense smoke/dust dissapears quite fast but the thinner one is staying much longer (i think because the particles are lighter thus take longer to sink down again..)

would look good if the sight on the choppers are black and white biggrin_o.gif (atleast that will make it look a bit moore IR like)

NVG ahoptics.jpg

ahoptics_hot.jpg

ahoptics_cold.jpg

it looks like the BoH optics, but i did them in PS and added some "interlace" look to the pic... its actually just a pasteup.. NO ingame shot.. i dont know exactly how to add/change optics on that chopper.. and the alpha thing for ofp isnt too clear to me.. well i did some alphachannels for the crosshair, the greystripes and the blackstripes (i think these should be in the tga alpha along with the crosshair..) the size of the .psd is 1024px by 1024px at 72dpi

.psd for download (its less than 5kb as a .rar... but the .psd is 200kb something.. hehe i like winrar) use it freely.. i dont care ;)

PS:

shouldnt the smoke of missiles from choppers more like be blown to the ground? not just sink, like it does now?

and more zoom for the optic?

EDIT:

added the bw versions

EDIT2:

description.ext for WGL mortars (ca. 2kb.. .rar Archive)

hmm i did not get no Demo Mission

could someone give me the script biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

plssss

If you installed WG 4.1 with the installer available, the demo mission can be found in the folder ...\OperationFlashpoint\Users\default\Missions and it is called "@wg_training_westmortars.usmc_gaia". In it, you will find a working example of a description.ext.

Good luck!

One of the main limiting factors with the smoke we have scripted for WGL 4+ is lag and computer cycles required. In real life, smoke from a large explosion (i.e. mortars or Mk82 leave a lingering cloud that can last for a very long time. If we tried that with WGL (which we actually did at first), you end up with a combat environment where then can literally be thousands of cloudlets present. This would mean that you would need a very nice computer to not get a slideshow of the battle. As it is right now, you get the idea of the size and scope of a weapon hit, but not the real "fog of war" than can and does occur in real life.

Until we find a way for OFP to "ignore" old cloudlets, we must keep the total number of cloudlets relatively small. Those that play any large tank battle in any previous version of WGL can attest that after 45 minutes of burning tanks, the computers and server start to get a little slow. We fixed that effect so that there is less smoke and it doesn't last as long.

It is all a game of compromizes.

Out of curiosity.... What feature(s) do you guys really dig in ECP that isn't/aren't in the WarGames stuff? I've always had a soft spot for their flaming AI and flaming jiblets.

well, very good compromise... didnt thought about that damn CPU thing.. ;)

Any chance to get a M113 Mortar Carrier? I mean those with the bigger tubes in their back?

Does anybody do a NAM config thing like ZiRo did?

Otherwise i might give it a shot or two..

I am just asking to avoid that the same work is done twice...

I havent asked any addon maker yet (for making new configs).. i just wanted to know if somebody is already doing something like that.. if so please PM me! (to keep this thread "clean") biggrin_o.gif

No one has attempted a Vietnam era conversion or adaptation or whatever it would be called. Go for it! We're currently working on more docs specific to using WG style formulas and such for creating units, vehicles and weapons. So unfortunately you'll have to pull the info out of us as you need it since we can't employ a team of doc-writing flying monkey minions quite yet. But like everything it seems, even those are planned sometime before WG 5.0!!  ;)

Mortar carrier... Thinking about it but would rather have someone capable of doing it indepedently help us realize that goal. As opposed to deciding we'll do it ourselves and die trying to squeeze it into all the other stuff.

Anyways, anyone noting the time of my post who knows I'm in the States will wonder why the hell I'm up. Here's what I blew a perfectly good night of sleep working on....

Caption: BMP-2 waits concealed in a lowland field. Bob Ross says, "happy little grass field just waiting for action....I approve".

wgl_titangrass_05.jpg

The pic is taken from Titan, 2000 view distance, 8am, on my 1Ghz Athlon w/GF4 Ti4200. I spent the wonderful evening working on making our grass run efficiently and seriously reducing the lag when you look at it through a high powered zooming weapon. Anyways, I'm rambling.... I like the pic and hope someone cares. Now time for bed!

Please for poor like me who can not play on multiplayer only solo...make for them a special config with the wgl pack that they can play with it in missions and campaign...

please angusheaf

...Mortar carrier... Thinking about it but would rather have someone capable of doing it indepedently help us realize that goal. As opposed to deciding we'll do it ourselves and die trying to squeeze it into all the other stuff.

I have an addon of a M113 mortar carrier already. Can't remember the name of the addon at the moment, and I'm at work so I won't be able to find out till later this evening.

I have an addon of a M113 mortar carrier already.  Can't remember the name of the addon at the moment, and I'm at work so I won't be able to find out till later this evening.

Sounds like G8's one. The released a mortar carrying version of their Italian Army M113 in their apc pack.

My thing only replaces / adds units to make it a bit better looking, nothing in the addon is changed, only stuff is added - that looks better, it doenst work any better.

EDIT:

Oh and in the next version of WGL i'd like to see more variation in small arms.

-ZiRo

When I installed 4.11 my sound disappeared? What happened?

Same here, I don't here any weaponsounds sad_o.gif

its seems there has been a problem with ofp.infos download package, coz it misses the wgl_sound.pbo

check your addons folder if its still in there!

(also take note that 4.11 changed the sound intensity of some things)