Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

I've seen pics of suppressed AK74s online. Perhaps they're too new to be accurate for our timeframe? Damn you Internet for letting me down!!

Ok so what would be an appropriate replacement? AKM with suppressor or AKS74U with suppressor? My understanding is that the AKM is the 7.62 upgraded AK47. Is that right? Better yet, have a link to a pic of what you want? I'd be happy to make it happen in the next major patch. We're always trying to get things as accurate as possible.

smile_o.gif

I was thinking of adding the RPO to the Squad Leader (regular, vdv, and spets). Sound about right?

After playing WGL cti for about 10 hours yesterday I wanna thank the WGL team.

The OFP experience is soo good now that if I was a poet I would write ya all a poem to thank you.

Maybe its good Im not because Im not sure poets would enjoy all this as much as I do.

Now you have to do with a big:

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST,THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

i've read through a lot of comments but did not find what i'm looking for, so i try to post my problem here, sorry if it's already solved some pages before.

Everytime i start the mod with any addons installed all my untis are invisible. All i see are the shadows. I use the GOTY-Edition Version 1.96 and ATI Radeon 9600 Mobility.

When i start without addons all works fine...

Does anyone know this problem and how to solve it?

Thanx and bye,

ElRoodie

@ElRoodie

try the alternative omega driver für radeon cards.

should work!

One Thing i want to ask about is when using the Crew-Served

Antitank Weapons like the Konkurs or Tow:

Wenn Placed or built those are equipped with 7 or 8 ATGM´s but when reloading the Systems on a Ammotruck you can only get one lousy Missle per Loading ?

This makes the support of a "well Visitet" Antitank-Site very work intensive... rock.gif

Will this be fixed or is it exactly planned to do so ?

greet´s Tango

hm, i was about to test the RPO launcher, but i cant get any ammo for it, i added it to a unit (that i had removed all weapons from) using; this addmagazine "WGL_RPOMag"; this addweapon "WGL_RPOlauncher"

but i just get the launcher and no ammo for it :/

how come it get´s like that?

Hi!

The 4.1 is very good.. i like it...

some more ideas...

change the colour of the BIS sandbags to something more usable.. i.e. brown/olive whatever... on meekong island the guys made a nice "rotten" kind of sandbag resp. "woodenfence" it looks like the sandbags are "molding"(/rotting) away.. they have a "nice" brownish/green colour..

the "white" BIS sandbags ("woodenfence","fence", etc..) are somehow irritating because they "shine" out of an otherwise good camouflaged placement..

any possibility to add a kind of function like "dig in" or "make sandbags" ? so a platoon can create its own fortified emplacement during a mission?

the "dig in" would be usable for SF troops when they wait there to be overrun by enemys to attack from the rear.. maybe put the player somehow below ground after like 2-3min "digging" and another 1min to show up again? maybe replace the player with an texture to give a hint to a sharp observer so the enemy still can find them and destroy them or be driven over by tankthreads accidentally..

an uparmoured version of the hmmwv and/or smokelaunchers for the hmmwvs (i saw one of those hmmwv with smokedispensers on cnn and here

just suggestions... the pack is already too good ;)

Idea:

To make sure all players have the right WG version is it possible and a good idea to add a unique addon (e.g. wgl_version_410) to each release ?

Then we can add that as a required addon in the mission.sqm file.

Idea:

To make sure all players have the right WG version is it possible and a good idea to add a unique addon (e.g. wgl_version_410) to each release ?

Then we can add that as a required addon in the mission.sqm file.

They already had that before 4.10, and with 4.1 they removed it. Probably makes it more easier because with the old way you'd have to update your mission for every WGL version that came out otherwise it wouldn't work.

Plus there's a gamelogic that does version check for you.

We would make the new wgl_version addon totally optional for maps (and servers) that depend on the addon version being correct. You'll still be able to create normal WGL maps without the version thing every time we upgrade.

I downloaded WGl for th first time all I have to say is Wow good job. But I got a couple of questions.

1. In the future will you guys reskin or add extra details to regular Bis models? For example the BMP in my view could use a better skin and add some detail like in the CSLA MOD

2. I got a problem, when I start the game up I get this message "Addon 'wgl_weap requires Bisweaponpack" and in the menue I get this message "No entry config.bin/CFG weapon.GlockSMAG" what should I do??

3will you guys ever make a realistic SCUD launcher with both nuclearand normal bomb load?? I hope you guys will

thx if anyone can help me.

And good luck and I hope for the next release.

We've updated WG to version 4.11!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The patcher is very small 500kb and there won't be a full version since it only addresses a small number of critical fixes.

- WG AddPak 4.11 Patcher - Mirror 1 - 500kb

- WG AddPak 4.11 Patcher - Mirror 2 - 500kb

LIST OF CHANGES

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ WGLRespawn default false

+ WGLFXThing added to wglevents cfgPatches

+ Medic/officer/sniper/engineer/specops UI pics

+ Specified accuracy, cost, threat, namesound for all infantry classes

+ No more use of "irScanRange" param in configs

+ Toned down those outrageous sound ranges

+ Fixed some engage ranges/probs, turned up small arms fire visibility/audibility

+ Fixed some airLock and canLock issues

+ Fixed cfgCloudlets.craterWater effect

+ Improved skill of AI some more

Will this overwrite my edited <pbo> or just edit?

Which files are changed/altered by the installer?

Will i have to do some tweaking to get my <edited config> to work after i patch?

-ZiRo

The editted pbos are.... wgl_veh_config.pbo, wgl_men_config.pbo, wgl_wep_config.pbo, wglevents.pbo, and the main config.bin file. As far as redoing your work, yes, you will need to somehow get your old work into the new work depending on which files in the _config PBOs you editted.

ZiRo, all the soldier configs file were edited.

Quote[/b] ]+ Medic/officer/sniper/engineer/specops UI pics

+ Specified accuracy, cost, threat, namesound for all infantry classes

+ Improved skill of AI some more

GanjaSmuggler, sounds like there's something wrong with your 1.85+ installation. Make sure you have O_wp.pbo in your res\addons. If not try to get them; they were part of the 1.85 patch.

weeee, i like this smile_o.gif

besides the fact that it takes 6-8 rounds to kill an enemy with any of your 5.56mm rifles (but i dont care, most likely the enemy uses body protection anyway so...)

only one small thing, it takes 3 m134 rounds to kill an APC (non wgl) when i hit smack in his ass, 2 rounds with carlg gustaf launcher, now this seams a bit week, since what i was thought in the army it should not take more then 3 AT4 rounds (M134) to kill a tank if you hit in the side or the rear... (and noone should be stupid enough to test how many it takes in the front)

a funny thing, in our field manual it says about attacking a tank "Front = suicide" biggrin_o.gif

anyway, this is just great, but i guess everyting can be improved, right?

smile_o.gif

(oh, have i said i like the WP effects and would like a Phosphorus hand grenade?)

Using WG AT weapons against non-WG vehicles is not the intended use of the weapons. The problem is that our vehicle armor and AT are all balanced to each other, not to the original style armor from BIS units. So that means that you will have very unbalanced results when using certain WG weapons against "old style" BIS balanced units. This is why we're a mod and why we reworked everything in the game.

Excellent work again WGL. You patched an almost bug free major release within weeks, then this latest patch merely days after 4.1!

Just a totally unrelated fact: Doctors suggest 6-7 hours of sleep a night for healthy sleeping patterns wink_o.gif

Fixed my damn config after about an hour and a half. crazy_o.gif

Works with all the updated WGL configs etc.

See my thread.

-ZiRo

because the dust effects are probably assigned to the ones dropped from the plane. not camcreated ones.

I dont see the logic but thats the only explanation that i can think of.

-ZiRo

Is there any way to get any air dropped bombs dropped from a non-WGL aircraft to behave like the ones for the WGL bombs dropped from the WGL A-10.

I'd like to be able to play WGL with Footmunch's F-16 and groundpound some OPFOR.  However, I wish the WGL could make all conventional bombs dropped form dustcloud, even if the aircraft are not from the WGL mod.

I love playing WGL with my F-16 at about 12 m from the ground at NOE comming on an armored formation advanced on our front.  

Here's how one of my typical OFP aircraft CAS mission goes:

Time to make some noise, at 1.5 km away from the targets, I pull up hard and do a long roll and set my F-16 at 900 m altitude pointing right at the enemy armor advancing.

I spot a Shilka and a SA-13 hiding in the valleys in their rearguard, I hit the burner, waste the SA-13 quickly and dive to the deck.  The Shilka's got a bead on me and I violently jink and manuver in erratic positions without draining too much speed. I'm scanning my canopy all around me, volumes of airburst smoke puffs start rapidly showing up around my bird.  Nothing hit yet, good.  Time to return the favor.

Suddenly, two MANPAD's come right after me, no warning at all.  Luckily my bird was haulin ass in a high AoA to the missiles and they couldn't turn hard enough to lock on my rear and passed behind me.

Seeing no reason I'd want to enjoy company with two companies worth of troops and armor, I booked it 2.5 km from the action and did an inverted climb in the shape of a c back to the enemy armored formation, and switched to Maverick and wasted that 23mm POS shit spitting tin can.  Then quickly switched to Mk82 Freefall dumbbombs and damaged 2 tanks and destroy one on my first drop.

A few more passes on the tanks and they were out of action, then I caught an Mechanized armor platoon making a run for the forest.  I only had about 3 bombs left and too low for an accurate strike, so I hit the burner and egress out about 1.6km and circle back to attack them at about 800 km altitude.

The Mechanized commander was sloppy and stupid, he was too much in a rush in the chaos to get in the forests and disperse that he didn't spread out the formation.  Not giving a damn what the reason was, I cut my speed and went to full flaps at 1 km to target and did a steep dive bomb on the mechanized group, dropping all of my dumb ordinance spread out over the retreating mechanized armor.   I pulled back up to level and tilted my aircraft to the side so I could see my handiwork to the side on the canopy.

Crash, BOOOM!!   Dust and dirt kicked up everywhere, most vehicles caught fire or exploded, what didn't get destroyed first was wiped out by secondaries from other nearby APC's and IFV's.

While sightseeing the beautiful handiwork of mine down below, I simultaneously pulled the flaps up and hit the burner instinctively for combat speed.  Then I egressed out of the area and climbed to 1500 meters altitude and egressed back to base.

So, wha'd you think of that mission story/experience?  

Most of the story is experience from other OFP aircraft missions I make and play, the mechanized armor part is pure fiction because OFP AI can't spread out formations, just knows how to change them and that's mostly by mission editor or scripting commands.

The WGL mod pack really adds to the realism of playing OFP aircraft missions, especially since the AAA is not "LASER" accurate and the SAM's have realistic closing speeds instead of lightning fast SAM's that really annoyed Modern Combat Flight Sim fans and gurus.

The dust clouds for the bomb hits also is a great eye candy touch to the game that definately adds to the realism feel.

Later,

Havoc.

i have a question, What folder inside the wgl folder should i remove if i don´t want to use your sky? (not that it´s bad, just that it can be improved)

"wgl/dta/" - Don't moan at me if anything fucks up smile_o.gif

-ZiRo