Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

hm, has the patch been released yet? i cant find a D/L link to it... :/

can someone point it out to me??

He just said it is in final review.

He just said it is in final review.

DOH! maybe i should try to read a little better...

The_shadow smashes his head with a brick *read god damn it*

Ok guys I really need your help. re-Installed OFP updated colmpletely. Downloaded WGP4 and installed it, and KEg updater and all that.. But it does not work. The Icons appear bland on my dest top. Why is this happening to me?

Thanks a lot guys and a small SIMPLE list of what you need would be nice. I am a loly g12 guy cant expect me to sort through the mombo jumbo..

Thanks again, oh and if you want to help e-mail stpauls40@hotmail.com thanks

Ok  guys I really need your help. re-Installed OFP updated colmpletely. Downloaded WGP4 and installed it, and KEg updater and all that..  But it does not work. The Icons appear bland on my dest top. Why is this happening to me?

Thanks a lot guys and a small SIMPLE list of what you need would be nice. I am a loly g12 guy cant expect me to sort through the mombo jumbo..

Thanks again, oh and if you want to help e-mail stpauls40@hotmail.com  thanks

are u running 1.96 ?

The technical manual is done, but we are still troubleshooting a new bug - it is a major bug (sounds cutting in and out = last time they just quit all together). We think we have it narrowed down, and are very close to killing it. We just don't want to release something that would could fix, if only for want of another few hours.

Please understand that there are thousands of lines of code - and last time, a few dozen bugs were removed. As we go through everything, we make sure that it is optimized for your gaming pleasure. Also think of it this way: we are just a group of OFP fans, just like you. We are releasing this MOD without the prospect of fortune or glory - we do it for the love of the game. Compare our rate of release and patching with that of, oh... say "Soldner" and I think you will see that, by comparison, you are getting an excellent product, with a lot of technical support (not to mention regular and frequent contact).

Please hang in there... we are almost done.

post-37-1081818408.jpg

+ Soldiers knocked down by rotorwash can no longer get back up

What does this mean exactly?

At the moment you can't do a "hot drop" of troops from the choppers because when they land they are knocked off their feet and AI or other players just shoot them.. basically many missions are unplayable because where you are supposed to be inserted into a "Hot LZ" you are now pretty much dumped in a blender..

So does this mean not only will we be knocked down and unable to return fire for a few seconds that we will be unable to stand up and find cover, we must crawl?

Quote[/b] ]changed dispersion on the assault rifles

More or less?

Im thinkin the rotorwash effect should only execute between 0.5 and 20 meters off the ground .....

Cant wait (but I can, a little longer) for the update ........... drool :P

The rotorwash FX indeed only executes when the chopper is above 0.50 meters. Phaeden explained it to me once.... The pilots of helos generally put the rotors into a sort of neutral gear where they don't produce much downwash and the blades flex less (less likely to lop off your head). So for WG when the bird is down on the ground the dust changes (look carefully, it gets weaker) and the knock-down FX don't happen. So if you need to scramble for cover you have to do it before the bird flies off. It's a fine balance between speed of troop movement, and speed of getting the bird away from the LZ.

The dispersion values have been adjusted up (more dispersion) a bit. Nothing drastic like the mags on CSLA but gently tweaked so that guns that normally aren't any good past a certain range, are no longer any good past that range. I'll post the dispersion differences in a few mins. Right now I have to finish up the patcher app and compiling stuff and making sure I don't forget anything.

biggrin_o.gif

Meh.. if its realistic then ok we'll deal with it.. on the plus side at least we can use the chopper to knock people off their feet :P

I've always been a fan of more dispersion. After playing ofp for this many years, its a little too easy to "point and kill" for most of us (IMHO).

In addition, seeing as it takes a good 40-60 seconds to set up a support weapon, the added dispersion will give these weapons a tactical advantage in exchange for the time penalty, no?

Anyone wondering.... the installer for both the full 4.10 and the patcher version of 4.10 are compiling as I type this. Anyways, back to what I was saying...

Dispersion has between adjusted. We had been using numbers similar to JAM before, because back when we started we didn't know much about weapon configs. Well like a lot of things we've learned and came up with our own formulas. We don't like changing weapon settings that often because players get upset since they have to relearn stuff, so I doubt this stuff will change again for a while unless something is really wrong. Here's the chart I said I would post...

wgl_dispersion_410.gif

The auto and burst numbers are the same btw. As you can see usually the auto came down a bit and the single went up a bit. The difference in accuracy can be calculated to actual distances if anyone cares.

Could you please make simple tar/ace/rar/zip/bzip2 archieves for (linux) servers too? You can leave out the data.pbos (or installation scripts for those) too, as the server doesn't need to display textures anyway, so it will be smaller too. It's a pain to have a server with 100mbit connection which you could download it directly too and then not be able to install it because of a windows installer, which means downloading it to home and then uploading it to the server with measly home connection speeds again...

If you like Benu because my dedicated server is windows I'll install it then host everything you need on our ftp which is on a 100mb connection anyway

That's very nice of you, Lt_Damage, but i was speaking on behalf of other linux admins too. But i guess it takes only one windows admin to get the ball rolling, after that we can share it server to server. Maybe i will try to get wine running on the server so i can do stuff like that myself.

Update: i just successfully made an installation from the installer using wine...

BTW: i just looked into the v4.0 and noticed 3 files with different md5sums to the addons i already have on my server (ags_inds.pbo, kegags.pbo and lsr_gru.pbo). Are any of those changed by the WGL team and what changes were made?

i have a request of to take out the "i controll your mouse whenever u get shot"

(or at least see how the public reacts to this)

i really hate when i lose controll over things and your sitting there cant move my mouse, my gun is still shooting in the ground (good in SP, bad in MP in my mind)

ah well it might be bc my style of play does not suit this type of "walking corps" effect, so i wont nag to much about it

another thing is the rubber bullets effects, it is good and all, but in MP with a ping of 150 the bullets will mess up and seem to loose power, one time i shot a guy in the foot and as he was on his way down to the ground i filled him up with about 5 bullets and the guy still wouldent die. (and i shot Dead Meat yesterday in the torso , and it took 2 shots for him to die, u might say that i missed, but if i missed him from about 1m. i need to find another game)

Lag and server things does causes things to happend, trust me

but i will give you some credit on the binocs (great work) NV goggles are just beatiful (u can actully play night maps now ;)) u have to love the nades , we all hate the part about 1 nade takes out everyone in a 8fl building

the not locking on part of tanks will improve the tank battles and it will bring forward the skill of the actual gunner.

the pack itself leads to more coop type of style in MP (as u might have noticed im more of a CTF rambo g36 type of guy so u know what i think of this) but i actully belive this will be quiet cool to play.

cool tanks and all(nice smoke cover) but i´ve noticed something about the TOWs and many other misiles (at a certain range they just fly away, up into the air or just disapear or something. is this something you can fix or does ofp have some sort of max thing for it?)

one thing that could be cool is the zoom on sniper rifles (would be cool)

hope you took time to read this post, oh and great pack! and i hope its gona be a pleasure to play some real fights with them

/Me

hi raptor old buddy tounge_o.gif

nice feedback - copy and past @  wgl forum plz. here its "just" a comment, there its more a part of a discussion wink_o.gif

regards

my mate has a problem installing this.

XP

512mb ram

47gb of HDD space left.

He gets a dos screen that closes itself but reads "program too big to fit in memory"

Its probably a click team issue, but i was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

As i am working on printable 6digit map of the three bis islands, i wonder how the 6digit grid is put on the maps in editor?

is it just like a replacement? i.e. AA equals 000 now? (and 00 equals 000?)

or is the whole grid resized? the standard sqare (the small ones) seemed to be 125x125meters ... the large ones 1,25x1,25km ...

with the 6digit grid, are there any changes in these squares? i think i read in the manual its 100x100m and 1x1km now ?? right?