Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

Well, you could:

-install at home and then upload it

-use linux at home and wine on the server and install it there

-or get a zip/tar/etc from someone else

You install it under linux as any other mod:

-completely remove the old version before (or at least the cpp files)

-put it into a modfolder

-remove all *.cpp from server root

-run ./server -mod=wgl

one more idea...

what about a "jamming" function?

i remember the belt-fed mg jammed quite often... so maybe a random "jamming" factor for the guns, would be nice...

so, if your gun jams, you have to reload and everything is fine again... with "random" i mean, the gun shouldnt jam once every game, but maybe every 3rd or 4th game you get a jammed weapon..

maybe connect that with the amount of rounds fired in a certain timeframe (with the beltfed guns) ..

the beltfeeders i know, somehow started to jam frequently after you put a couple belts through it i.e. when it gets hot

speaking of "hot" barrels...

mgs shouldnt be able to fire belt after belt without the need for cooling... (ok, i know.. changing barrels wouldnt be too gameplayfriendly)

even the ah64 guns jam once in a while...

PS:

I love the ShotgunFX!! ;)

Hallo

War Games Mod is really great! I really enjoy new sounds, smokes and many other things. BIG THANX for the great job!

Will you add desert units as well?

Where can I get WG singleplayer missions from? So far I play missions I made myself.

hello everyone, when i'm using in mp the description.ext for the mortar, my guys respawn when they are killed. Do you know what i have to do to stop this

thank you bobcurtish.

if anybody is interest or struggling with making a real basic mortar testing mission ive knocked up demo video in 2 flavours divx or xvid

it covers the blank icons

digimortar not found

mortar tube disapearing

and an ammo crate of rounds

and what to do with spare guinea pigs....

Here is the link crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

wOnkEy dOnkEy u rock biggrin_o.gif

thx 4 your contribution - its very very well done!

is there any coop missions using wgl?

if there is i cant find em..help plz

is there any coop missions using wgl?

if there is i cant find em..help plz

Hi bedlam

Yes biggrin_o.gif

Visit the Zeus Addon Server based in Europe. Go back a few pages and you will see some mention of a very good one by Jinef.

Kind Regards Walker

hi...

right now i integrate the SP/MP support pack into a wgladdon mission, only thing is inside the scripts they need the petite and grande letters for telling you where the support is going to i.e. Aa54 ..

But WGL uses the 003232 system, i know where to change inside sp/mp pack but i dont remember where i have seen the sixdigits script... where was it again?

EDIT: found it right now...

wgl_gridcoord.sqf

lol

Hi bedlam

Yes biggrin_o.gif

Visit the Zeus Addon Server based in Europe. Go back a few pages and you will see some mention of a very good one by Jinef.

Kind Regards Walker

Hello Bedlam,

Next to Jinef's Breakthrough mission on Zeus Addon server that Walker mentioned, there is also my Black Death mission. A coop for 24 players. It's a combined operation with special forces ground troops and Apache's in the sky.

is there any news on when we can expect a new update?

i would if it´s possible like a easier way to get the mortars to work, maybe a script that detects how many morta groups it is available and how many that are in range (ofcource how many mortars there is in a squad)

or a script where you can decide wich mortar squads (named squads) that are available for support and what ammotype they use, for example, you got 3 mortar squads with 4 mortars in each, 1 squad fires illum and the other 2 fires HE rounds...

you should also be able to just call 1 squad (for example illum) and have the others standing by just waiting for FFE (Fire For Effect) command on the same target...

although im not sure this can be done but i hope so...

Think it's already been said... but many vehicles are missing crosshairs that they really need - that or ironsights. When using eg the hummvee's 50 cal it's almost impossible to aim if you are on a slope. I'd really like to see FDF style iron sights for the mounted MGs. If the server has crosshairs off, or you play with them off, you can't tell where you are aiming without ironsights, really.

Some heli's also would benefit from some sort of aiming point for their rockets, IMO.

On the rockets note -

If you are into realism - make a system where if rockets are selected - a sight comes up (maybe manually put up through action menu) and the Pilot is given control of the rockets (Rockets are dependent on where the aircraft is facing and the CP/G does not have control unless relinquished to him by Pilot.

Also - when I said you may want to tweak startup sequence more and you asked me if i'm an operator - yes and you can tweak it by saying Engine starting when you hear the turbofan spooling up, however when you want to engage the rotor disc you can say - disengage rotor brake or engage transmission or something.

Another addon idea - Like the BAS tonal addon which added a large amount of custom callsigns, you could make a realistic callsign pack.

thirdly - on vehicle explosions - the white cloud that appears, if it is dirty grey/brown it will represent dust being kicked up and soot. At the moment it is white and fluffy and looks .... tame.

If it is possible to have it expand outwards quickly that would be even better, for it now just appears and looks ... like it has been made in a computer game biggrin_o.gif

mmmh... i think the white cloud around explosions is condensing air due to compression from an explosion.. imho.... and it gives the MK82 that awesome look... (please please ... finish that FAB250, too ;) )

The main problem with OFP in terms of effects in my opinion is that refresh rates are just not high enough to reflect the rapid movements and light sources that occur in real life.

Explosions should just be more dust orientated without trying to simulate the rapid fireflashes etc. It just looks hollywood as they linger.

While making the effects, there were many (many) considerations. First, we wanted to represent something that was realistic looking with causing a significant amount of CPU drainage. Second, we want to ensure that during a battle, the physical "fog of war" was, at least, represented.

There are some effects that we have redone, and others that we are looking at redoing. The reason for this is we are still striving for the most realistic effect we can while maintaining very low CPU cycles. Personally, I am not very fond of the "instant on" aspect of many of the effects, and at the time they were initial made we were essentially learning as we went. Now, we have command of a little better knowledge on how things work and thus, the effects are better looking (and in many cases less a hit to framerate).

As for the lingering smoke, this was again something that was looked at closely. I have personally calling in air and artillery strikes and can state the the linger dust cloud can last much longer than they do in real life. In order to recreate this, it means that additional smoke cloudlets would have to remain on screen - and while it is not bad if there is only one or two effects - it can turn into a slideshow very quickly if more are used at once.

============================================

Regarding an update to the next version of WGL, we are still working very hard on improving and incorporating - and, unfortunately, we can not give a date (or even an estimated date) at this time.

Is it just me who has the RPK47 picture missing?

Resistance are missing a lot of things: a medic, for a start. A pilot. Squad gunners (the ones who would use an RPK47 or RPK74).. etc. I like making resistance missions; I'd like to see more equipment for them. Not uber weapons - just more of the stuff they might have.

im having lots of trouble getting this to work as my ofp v1.96 is in the flashpointresistance.exe file, and ur shortcuts link to the beta 1, so obviously i redirect it to fr.exe, but this dont work so then i make new shortcut add wgl to the mod bit but still no joy.

I had pak4 working fine, but then i uninstalled and installed 4.10, then 4.11 patch and now i have all the addons loading using the shortcut i made, but the config files dont load, as i dont get simulation starting message just default, ofp message, then when in MP wglcti crife version, it crashes just before it gets to the briefing screen.

I think this wgl mod is great, and i only just tried it this week, i will be making missions for it, and maybe try and get my clan to join wgl, but there worries are trouble with the mod, and now i having that trouble pls help guys.

Also i tried installing the sky data (some1 said it will work then) but that didnt help, i have a low spec machine and would rather not have the sky anyway.

Also last night when i installed the patcher from 4 to 4.10, my gamespy mp bit stopped finding servers, and i had to reinstalled ofp, over old 1, that fixed it, then i decided to go and get the full 4.10 installer, but now that dont work.

Also i get error wgl_veh requires wgl_nsv at start up.

Also i get error, when game has just loaded "error cant load /something/something.p3d (magic)" something i forgot name, will get back to u on that

Viper.....

Best bet is to do the following.... Delete your wgl folder inside your OFP folder. Install the 4.10 full installer. Download and install the 4.11 patch installer. From there, take your usual OFP shortcut, duplicate it, and change the shortcut target to include -mod=wgl in the exe path. From there you should be able to start the game with the WGL stuff. I think maybe at this point you've tried to install it so many times it's hard to know where something went wrong, but we do know that we have hundreds of people using the addons with our (admittedly shitty) installer.

Ok, next up is the sky... Do NOT install the sky if you are running OFP in any mode other than HW T&L (hardware texture and lighting). There is a well known issue with Kegety's sky installer and any "missing whatever.p3d" error messages you get are from that sky. If you've already installed the sky, to remove it, simply delete the "DTA" folder inside the WGL folder and you're set.

-------------------------------------------------------

In other news... Someone here (I think) asked about ironsights on the HMMWV mounted M2 and Mk19. I will see what can be rigged up to aid in the aiming of these weapons. In real life much of the aiming is done by what's called "walking it onto the target" and by only a little bit of actual aiming. However I know it's difficult to do, especially when tracers are disabled (for the M2) so we will see what we can cook up for ya. I do agree though that it's quite hard without a server that uses crosshairs.

With regards to the FX scripts I generally differ to Phaeden in this department since he has vast firsthand experience in such things. But I too echo the fact that our goal with the FX was to create the most realistic looking FX possible while keeping them faster than the stock OFP FX. In all cases they are, which is great. Some people have griped about them not being flashy enough and that's fine. WG has unique FX and if we're the only people out there making them this way then I'm plenty happy. Hehe. But anyways, no one here is really attacking the FX. What I will tell ya is that with all things, we're never satisfied and we continue to work on constantly improving our FX along with other aspects of the mod.

Mortar scripting... I like a LOT of the ideas I hear from people about our mortars. There's a fine balance to be struck. On one hand we have micromanagement of assets and I tend to like it when using AI but some people just want it all to happen behind the scenes and never worry about anything. The WG mortars were designed to be used by actual humans, primarily. The AI functionality is there, and we continue to work on improving it, but ultimately I think at some point you have to say to yourself "would UA do this better?" And actually, in many cases the question is "yeah." So to that end, yes we're working on more and better "end to end" scripts for our mortars (and other crew things) but at some point we'll have to say "use this WG balanced UA". Lucky for all of us, that is coming.

Anyhow.... It's late, I'm sleepy. WarGames continues to march on. I'm working on Titan in between typing this and work on the pack continues as always. We're hoping to have more news in the coming weeks ahead. I took my little 2 week vacation to unwind from the busy schedule of releasing WG and managed to NOT go completely insane. So I'm back, I'm recharged, and I'm ready to roll along with the other guys in WG to keep progressing the game in the way that only we do. I'm looking forward to the coming weeks.

Regards.

Ok i fixed it now, thxs for ur suggestions but i allready tried all that, and even when i did get it to work the once, with the -mod=wgl in my ofp shortcut it still crashed before the briefing  when i played the wgcti.

So what i did was dl the beta patch for ofp v1.96 and that added the flashpointbeta.exe, then i installed pak 4, then pak 4.10 update, then pak 4.11 patcher and all is fine.

Thxs for ur help angus, was nice to get a quick reply seeming as it was my 1st post on these forums.

Looking forward to playing many wgl maps now, as imo wgl mod is brilliant.  biggrin_o.gif

Angus, I just wanted to say thanks to you and the WGL team, its an absolutly amazing mod and I cant thank you guys enough for breathing new life into my favorite game.

Cant wait for some singleplayer stuff!

Thanks for your great work, WGL team.

- Is the smoke that comes from firing an automatic carbine (at least the M4) supposed to be reddish? It looks kind of weird.

- Are you planning on changing the black iron sights into 'real' ones? Such as those of the Marine Assault Pack.

- It might be a good idea to increase the sounds of going prone and getting up, they are a bit low. And that makes me think of something that was featured in Frenchpoint - the sound of your gear etc when running. It did quite a lot for the atmosphere. smile_o.gif