Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

Just a question now that ORCS released their new VDV pack are you going to replace the older ones with them?

Later

We may. They look really really nice as usual so it would be good to include them at some point. I must say, there's a TON of really good russian equipment available right now. The only thing I would love to see is RHS release their T72 and T80 pack so I can stop being tempted to sneak one of their beta tanks into the WG pack because I'm tired of looking at the old models. Hehehehe. Actually, I would also love it if someone made a BMD2 and a BTR-60.

Yeah, more Russian Stuff... before WGL I could get no one to take the Side of the Ruskies except my m8s felt very adventurous on that night...

Now its mostly the other way around... no one likes to fight against the bmds anymore...

We may. They look really really nice as usual so it would be good to include them at some point. I must say, there's a TON of really good russian equipment available right now. The only thing I would love to see is RHS release their T72 and T80 pack so I can stop being tempted to sneak one of their beta tanks into the WG pack because I'm tired of looking at the old models. Hehehehe. Actually, I would also love it if someone made a BMD2 and a BTR-60.

I think there is a Finnish BTR-60 and they released a Soviet one as well?

I love the new models like anyone but wasnt the purpose of WGL to max net performance thus not use graphic intensive models?

PS

Deathsai read the manual will ya?? The mortars work fine and yes there is gas in the helos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like FDF - But they really need to stop the annally retentive bollocks about other people using their stuff, more cooperation means a better community, having a lot of isolated mods will divide the community and new mods will not get the encouragement they need thus OFP will eventually become stagnant.

I'm talking here on my own now - this has nothing to do with the FDFmod.

But what comes to your post Jinef, I'd really like to see some base for this argument.

Sure, I (atleast I, as I said - I'm talking here on my own) don't like to give our models away to be released in a single addon and I'm sorry if this bothers you.

But many many of our models have ended up in some other addon/modification- teams hands.

We have learned a lot, and if people are - for some reason - "pissed" for us, like sets up some annoying limits etc. we will do the same. But our Pasi's, Pipers, ranger UAV's, various scripts/systems, MIG's etc. are now in hands like Supah (NAFP), Swissmod and RHS team (atleast ZSU in future ?).

But we don't have many things that other mods want. And if they want, our models are based on some other addon, like our CV, Leopard or ZU-23-2 aka Sergei. And those teams have all the credits of their models or textures.

And I'm very thankfull to them for being friendly.

So I don't get your point, what makes us an "isolated mod" which will "devide the community".

And if I said something stupid, blaim me, not the team.

And about that BTR, it is the FDF team BTR that was the only thing ever released (by FDF team - Norsu and me) as an addon.

All the models we've included in WG have been examined (by me personally) to make sure they're as efficient as possible. I was surprised when I saw how low-poly some models were considering their very attractive appearance. The VIT APCs are pretty reasonable even in the highest detail level-of-detail, and quickly drop down to very acceptable levels at distance.

I know a bit sticking point (for me anyways) with something like INQ's weapons was the fact that they run really poorly due almost exclusively to JPG textures. So in that case I actually sat down with probably 30 gun models and converted all of them to PAA/PAC textures and repathed all the models to use the new textures. There were also a few cases where 1500-2000 polys (the amount in your standard ground vehicle at close range) were taken out of some of the gun models in an effort to keep things smooth. A lot of that work doesn't get noticed though. I've even added LODs to a lot of models simply because I liked them too much to see them not be included because of poly count.

Anyways, we've made it a priority to only include addons that really bring something new to the table but not at the expense of efficiency. Personally, I'd rather see something like 4 helicopters flying around overhead than 1 really super detailed one, or 4 tanks instead of just 1, whatever the case may be. That's our motto when it comes to addon inclusion, scripts, fx, and so on.

The introduction manual says nothing about using mortars in mission editing. Also, just a hint-You need to change the introduction manual. Whatever you are using for it sucks. Just attach a notepad or word file to the download.

The information you want is in the technical manual. The intro manual was kind of like a pamplet - nothing really meaty, just something to wet your appetite.

I am really glad that you are giving WGL another look, and hopefully you will see all of the changes and improvement to make it SP compliant. This is a mod based on realism, so there are some things that you will need to do in order to get the effect you are seeking - I wish there was another way to replicate this, but if we automated the process much further, we become Vanilla-OFP.

Hopefully, the 90 page tech manual will help you out. If you have a specific question after you look at the manual, don't hesitate to ask.

Another thing about ORCS's new VDV do u plane on using dome of the weapons and sounds from the pack. I really like their RPK and AK-74M's. And do u plan on doing anymore units for Resistance seems like they lack in the armor level. All and all i love this pack you guys did a kickass job. Oh ad another thing would you consider usin footmunch's F-16 I really think that would be a good addition to the mod especially because of the different variants.

Later.

Sorry to trouble " AngusHeaf " and those OFP addon makers elites....I am sick of searching related info through 40++ pages of this threads.

I am also more of Single mission Player. I like to try variety of Mod or addons on my precious OFP folder in format of @mod (e.g. @ECP, @BAS @INQ @WGL etc). However, @WGL didn't show much effects that you guys had discussed about or the pics showed (only map, NVG, compass as far as I noticed) when I was playing SP missions.

I read a bit that the WGL is more for MP mission creation, but I seldom play online and there is little WGL servers I know.

So, is there any way to play SP missions with fully WGL supported, just like @ECP and @INQ , by which I can feel all the effects when I was playing SP missions with them loaded.

thanx for helping me...............

Well Not made much but have a number of side projects outside of RHS, I have BRDM-2 that were handed to me by another modder that left OFP, that I contunued working on and a BMRD-1 as well.

And the unfamous HUMVEE Pack that haunts OFP to this day that I still contunue to work on with Faber. Rather see an group further use some of tstuff than the loosers who spam me wanting to build off to make their own pack of the same crap, so they be out like M4s in opf.

This BRDM?

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6340

That model looks really awesome. Saw it a few days ago on OFP.info and would love to see it in WG. BRDM-2 would be really sweet also, with the 14.5mm turret. Would compliment the HMMWV M2 nicely.

XPeter... WG doesn't replace your existing BIS OFP stuff with WG things. We did do it quite yet because we're still considering whether or not it's even a good idea because WG reconfigures so much playing old missions with it might be completely unbalanced and no fun anyways. But for WG5 we are entertaining the idea of replacing a lot of the stock BIS configs with WG configs to a greater extent.

Minorthreat... I haven't looked at the VDV 2.0 pack yet but when I do I'll be sure to check out those weapons you mentioned. Chances are though, that because we already have our own weapons we probably don't need new ones. But we'll see.

I only wish, if it had better textures it look like that. Just there is varients, one with PK, DSHK, and Swatters. And a correct BRDM2 not the OT65 that pretends to be a BRDM-2. ;P

xpeter and anyone else that wants some WGL sp/coop missions check out PAGE 24  of this thread

youll find some conversions of standard ofp missions and some demos

put them in youre mp folder and a run a non internet/local lan game.

and if youve installed the wgl sky and play warcry co-op when you get to the first clump of trees the enemy is at and the sky suddenly snaps from really crapy stormy weather to large white puffy clouds TELL SOMBODY cause i think im going maaaaaaaaaaaaad! crazy_o.gif  sad_o.gif

I just had my first online experience with the WG pack last night, playing with the USMC team, and I must say it was a total blast. This is exactly what I've been looking for in OFP.

Outstanding work, gentlemen! smile_o.gif

Small question: What is the classname of the MK82 for WGL?

All the models we've included in WG have been examined (by me personally) to make sure they're as efficient as possible. I was surprised when I saw how low-poly some models were considering their very attractive appearance. The VIT APCs are pretty reasonable even in the highest detail level-of-detail, and quickly drop down to very acceptable levels at distance.

I know a bit sticking point (for me anyways) with something like INQ's weapons was the fact that they run really poorly due almost exclusively to JPG textures. So in that case I actually sat down with probably 30 gun models and converted all of them to PAA/PAC textures and repathed all the models to use the new textures. There were also a few cases where 1500-2000 polys (the amount in your standard ground vehicle at close range) were taken out of some of the gun models in an effort to keep things smooth. A lot of that work doesn't get noticed though. I've even added LODs to a lot of models simply because I liked them too much to see them not be included because of poly count.

Anyways, we've made it a priority to only include addons that really bring something new to the table but not at the expense of efficiency. Personally, I'd rather see something like 4 helicopters flying around overhead than 1 really super detailed one, or 4 tanks instead of just 1, whatever the case may be. That's our motto when it comes to addon inclusion, scripts, fx, and so on.

wink_o.gif

I totally agree your point.

Now only BAS and Wargame mod are enabled in my OFP.

Some addons are very nice, but only beautiful for several ones. If high polycon, it will be far away the spirit of OFP tounge_o.gif

Sometime, I feel OFP's addon similar to FS2004's addon. Many many there... but Qualified addons are usually seldom wink_o.gif

This BRDM?

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6340

That model looks really awesome. Saw it a few days ago on OFP.info and would love to see it in WG. BRDM-2 would be really sweet also, with the 14.5mm turret. Would compliment the HMMWV M2 nicely.

Well beta screen should get a bit further down the road oafter this weekend.

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/bobcatt/RHS_BRDM1-06.jpg

A really old addon getting a major overhaul as I learn from working on the woodland hummwv pack. Its finally gotta get a descent skin job this weekend as well as the poor abused BRDM-2s.

Then can resume smoking HUMVEEs with them..

On OFPWatch it shows that the USMC Server is asking for 2.01 wgl addon files are missing from my computer? Shouldn't I have everything by installing 4.11. Are they trying to get me to downgrade my install to play or do I really need these files?

That is a technical issue we are sorting out. Do NOT downgrade.

I'm just posting to encourage clans/squads/teams to join the war games league.

check it out at least.

War Games League

-ZiRo

This might've been asked before, but 44 pages!!!  crazy_o.gif  come on....  tounge_o.gif i don't think i can even read that much... tounge_o.gif

How do you setup WGL dedicated server on Linux?