Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

this installer fucked up my ofp sad_o.gif

i dont know what files are installed, or changed, but if i start ofp now, i have a wite screen sad_o.gif

I have an addon of a M113 mortar carrier already.  Can't remember the name of the addon at the moment, and I'm at work so I won't be able to find out till later this evening.

Sounds like G8's one. The released a mortar carrying version of their Italian Army M113 in their apc pack.

Yep thats it!!!

The WGL M-21 accuracy issue still hasn't been touched by anyone in the WGL mod to my knowledge. If you all want to know what I'm talking about, go into the mission editor place yourself anywhere on the map as a West / WGL spec ops / Ranger Sniper, and then place an enemy anywhere within rifle range, do mission preview, and try to shoot them with the WGL M-21. It shoots WAY high. You have to aim half a body length under a target just to hit them. It's rediculous

When I installed 4.11 my sound disappeared? What happened?

Same here, I don't here any weaponsounds sad_o.gif

confirmed, same over here

any chance for a patch or a solution?

I was wondering what do i do if i want to use the NVG's and compass only.  I want to use those two things in my ECP folder (I'm more of a SP guy) I have different mod folders for each theater of battle (ie.  Modern War, Vietnam, WWII, etc. )  What files do I copy over to use the two things.  I do not want the new map style, with the rocks and everything like that gone and the new round "forest" thingy.  I understand that I need the WGL_ui pbo, but when i change config in the BIN folder, everything gets wacky.  Any help?

There's a couple of settings in config.bin and resource.bin files that would need to be changed to use the compass and NVGs with some other addon. We're not quite ready to release an unBINed config for a few reasons and unfortunately I can't point out where the settings are directly in our file (because it's BINed). However, if you get the ECP config.cpp and resource.cpp just do a search for "kompas" and there should be settings for "model". If you find those you can use the compass from wgl_ui.pbo. NVGs are the same, do a search for "NVgoggles" in the config.cpp for ECP.

Sound Bug.... If you downloaded 4.11 or 4.10 and you're missing sounds you may have ended up with a zip file missing all the addon pbos. Just make sure you have wgl_sound.pbo. If you don't you have to redownload the installer for 4.10 and run that. I can only guarantee the integrity of the installers on Squadengine.com and the-citadel.us because I actually uploaded those. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: I'm gonna take a look at the M21 and see if there's anything out of place. If I find anything that needs fixing I'll post about it. Need to do some exhaustive testing though. Hehehe. Look out unsuspectiving desert island civilians!!

This may just be me being an unobservant densewad. Probably is, actually. But anyway.

I recall reading in the literature for 4.11 that the AI would now keep to the max. speeds of helos (e.g. Mi-8). However, I don't recall the readme saying that the AI would likewise keep to the speed required to launch ATGMs (TOW and Spiral). I dunno if this is me being dim or a genuine problem, but I think the latter, since it's unusual for an Mi-24 to engage an M1A2 with unguided rockets when he has ATGMs.

Second, if you're planning on using different models for the tanks and whatnot, I suggest that you try and get a deal with Sigma-6. I still use his tank packs in conjunction with WGL (they seem to mesh pretty well), because not only do they look far better than the default BIS units, they play far better than them too.

(..)

Sound Bug.... If you downloaded 4.11 or 4.10 and you're missing sounds you may have ended up with a zip file missing all the addon pbos. Just make sure you have wgl_sound.pbo. If you don't you have to redownload the installer for 4.10 and run that. I can only guarantee the integrity of the installers on Squadengine.com and the-citadel.us because I actually uploaded those. Sorry for the inconvenience.

(...)

sry m8

but i can neither find any wegl_sound.pbo in the wgl4.10.exe nor in the wgl 4.11 patcher

everything was fine while i was playing with 4.10 thou  sad_o.gif

//edit:

OMG!!!

just realized that i was trying to patch from WGL.4.0 to 4.11!

going to try again with 4.10-->4.11

now i see- i have 4.10 installed at my works machine- but had 4.0 at my home pc. :P

Sigma's tanks would indeed be nice. Right now I'm looking to find the best american tanks for the pack to replace the default ones and those rank very high. They won't be replaced until WG5 though and that's a couple months away at the earliest.

AI won't slow to a hault before firing ATGMs from the Mi24 and AH-1. I'm not very well versed with AI scripting in OFP but I think a script could be written for a mission that checks to see if a helo is engaging or knows about a ground vehicle it wants to use a missile again, then tell it to stop. But like I said, that's a bit out of my league. In a perfect world we could roll something like that into the pack and have it automatically run. In a less than perfect world someone might write it and distribute it for mission makers. Any takers? I'm not even sure it's possible but if it is that would be handy.

Btw, you can always command your AI pilots to halt and they will slow down then use the missiles without problem.

Is it just me or does everyone get the problem where the Commander can't get the gunner of the M60 to fire?

Quote[/b] ]you do understand what range these rifles were "ZEROed" at?

You guys keep telling me that the rifles are zeroed for 300m instead of 100. However, like I said before, the M-21's scope is suppose to be "zeroed" on the go by zooming the scope in or out until the bottom notch on the crosshair lines up with the bottom of the target's feet, and the top notch on the crosshair lines up with the top of the target's head. This is suppose to automatically adjust the scope's zero for the appropriate range. Because WGL altered the bullet speed and drop property, without modifying the BIS zooming/ranging scope on the M-21, to fit these new bullet properties, there is a problem with the WGL M-21. All you have to do to see this for yourself is test it out in a mission. And all you have to do to fix it, is modify the settings of the M-21's scope to fit the new bullet properties.

Yes, all we have to do is fix it.

Like I said, I'll work on it and see what I can do. I understand your post, and I read you loud and clear. A few things will need to be adjusted and it will take some time. But I'll make sure it's in the next patch provided it's within my powers of modding to get it right. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just thought I would show a picture or two of some of the effects specific to WGL 4.

TOW being fired from a M2A1 Bradley.

(Note: It has been "retouched" in Photoshop, but only to blur the background.)

TOW

WP FFAR Attack by a Oh-58 Kiowa.

Strike

M1A1s attacking enemy armor at night.  

(Note: This one has also been retouched to make it visible.  Notice the Sabot round flying towards the target.)

M1A1

one thing i personally dislike is the fact that (atleast) the M1A1 is turning its turret so damn slow, a couple of days ago 3 M1´s got wiped out by 6 BMP1.... just becouse they could´nt turn the turret fast enough to follow the APC´s...

Shadow, can you explain a little. I just tested this with both versions of the M1A1 and was able to track the turret very quickly, faster than land vehicles can move, unless they are literally right beside the tank. Can you tell me the scenareo you in which you experienced this. Thanks.

well, when the AI uses a tank, it turns the turret really slow...

i dont exactley know how to explain it but it´s slow, i can tell you...

when i use a tank myself (as gunner) i can turn it as fast as the BIS standard M1A1, but not when the AI uses the tank...

all other vehicles turn the turret as normal, but the M1 is slow (havn´t tried the M60 though, could be the same with that)

this means they are useless in combat since they have no chans to hit anything (especially since AI tends to change target all the time)

[edit]I´ll go and check the M60 and all other WGL armour to se if it´s the same...

hm, guess it must have been before the latest patch becouse now it´s the way it should... but i know i had the problem...

i feel like posting because i feel sorry for the thread.

I want to see more WGL servers and maps.

What would be kick ass is a map with 2 bases, one east one west, within running distance, say 3 kilometers.

vehicles can be "bought" by the commander, who has a set amount of money. Weapon crates are standardised.

3 mortars per side.

the objective, capture the enemy base.

EDIT: Emphisis on mortars! Mortars would be so good to use in MP.

I'll probably make it sometime.

-ZiRo

Hi all

I would suggest you all take a look at a coop created by Jinef of the Zeus Server clan. It is called breakthrough. The mission is best played seriously and with Team Speak or similar. It can last around 3 hours if you survive.

Its WGL plus CoC UA.

It is one of the most realistic all arms battles there is about at the moment. Rambos go some where else you wont last five minutes.

Proper roles and a commander with a strategic plan are a must. Stealthy Scouts there is a role for you. Section commanders with an ability to work in cooperation with other squads will enjoy this. IFV commanders who know how to provide overwatch from a hull down position will find directed fire missions a suprise as you shoot blind and get corrected by your infantry section commander. Seasoned chopper pilots will find it hard. Experienced Artillery FOs will find laying down a wall of steel a real joy.  

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

I would suggest you all take a look at a coop created by Jinef of the Zeus Server clan. It is called breakthrough. The mission is best played seriously and with Team Speak or similar. It can last around 3 hours if you survive.

Walker, do you have any links to the mission or the Zeus site?

Hi all

Some tips for playing Breakthrough.

Commander

Set up TS Whisper channels using your Function Keys:

[F7] Armour if Selected

[F8] Lorried Infantry if Selected

[F9] IFVs and Mech Infantry

[F10] Scout Team

[F11] Suport Helicopter team

[F12] ALL Teams so: Helicopter, HQ Team, Scout Team, IFVs and Mech Infantry, Lorried Infantry if Selected and Armour if Selected.

Have the FO in your HQ Team

Make a plan.

When you start you are moving to contact; read up in the field manuals how to do this.

Take time at the start of the map to lay out the plan or better still send the plan via email before play.

Give the plan clearly defined stages. Something like this.

Objective X

Roles

Prep phase

Scout team scan Objective X then hook round to Objective Y

FO prep fire Objective X

Tanks Cover southern flank of Objective X

Helos cover Northern flank of Objective X from a pop up position. Target of oportunity hits on lone vehicles in the open aproved by commander and liased with scouts.

Assault phase

Tanks assault one swift pass on Objective X then hook back to cover southern flank.

MECH Inf assault Objective X infantry deploys with IFVs in V formation infantry to front and flanks.

Infantry assaults Objective X under covering fire of IFVs and Helos

Reorganisation phase

Once Objective X is taken we reposition front to face Objective Y

Lorried infantry if selected are in Reserve.

Objective Y

Roles

Prep phase

Scout team call in prep fires from FO for Objective Y then move to Objective Z.

FO pre sets artillery to 200 yards infront of infantry and walks it forward with ready to fire AMC if they have contact.

Armor provide Reserve and East flank cover.

Helo moves to reverse slope of a hill in proximity of Objective X for pop up cover of NW flank.Target of oportunity hits on lone vehicles in the open aproved by commander and liased with scouts.

Assault phase

Mech infantry sweep and clear woods at Objective Y.

Mech IFVs provide overwatch for the movement.

Reorganisation phase  

Once Objective Y has been taken lorried infantry secure Objective X and Y by Foot patrols and secure the rear

Front is reorganised to face Objective Z

Etc Etc

FO

Set up whisper channels to Scout and Mech Infantry.

IMPORTANT! If you have mobile artillery reposition it after each objectve or phase untill a sizable hunk of land is secure. Since WGL, AI is far more effective at hunting down artillery

Keep away from the action idealy move from cleared farm house to cleared farm house. Remember you are the Key asset. Have all teams mark targets on Map with a cross + Confirm with HQ it is clear.

Scout team

Set up whisper channel to HQ and Helo only. Be covert zero contact except when called to clear a particular target with your sniper rifles. You are SAR team for downed helo crews.

Mech Inf Tactics

Whisper Channels to HQ, FO

Never put IFVs on a flank never lead with IFVs they are RPG fodder if you do. Instead use them in hull down positions about 200m behind the infantry. Then have the infantry call in directed fire from the IFVs. (man the turret) The infantry does not engage so hold fire. Instead the IFVs clear obvious targets in directed fire mode. Then the infantry assaults with the IFVs in overwatch positions. For both infantry and IFVs: Forward slopes and sky lines are a very bad place to be. Proximity to uncleared and secured forrests is very bad for IFVs ditto built up areas. Use distance and your superior mobility or Hull Down positions.

Helicopter Team

Whisper channels to HQ and Mech Inf and Scouts

Provide flank cover from pop up positions.

Target of oportunity hits on lone vehicles in the open aproved by commander and liased with scouts.

When AA is clear patrol and sweep rear areas of any remaining enemy or any enemy infiltration teams. IMPORTANT! Since WGL, AI is far more effective at hunting down artillery. So protect the artillery from hunter killer WGL AI !

Lorried Infantry

In same channel as the HQ whisper channels to Helicopter team.

IMPORTANT! Since WGL, AI is far more effective at hunting down artillery. So protect the artillery from hunter killer WGL AI !

Secure the rear of the front Protect the HQ and the Artillery. Secure the logistics train.

Armour

Whisper channels to HQ and Mech Team

Assault flat and down hill objectives. Provide reserve and mobile cover of assault for up hill, forrest and town objectives. Be mobile in assault. Be aware of forward slopes that may be covered by AT.

These are general suggestions you dont have to follow them. Play it how you like. wink_o.gif

Kind Regards Walker