Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

Is there a campaign anywhere made for WGL?

Missions?

Love the new release,but this is pissing me off.I still cant use the mortars,everytime i mount the tube on the base an error comes up.Im running 1.96 so i dont know sad_o.gif

oh yeah wheres the techincal manuel at?

Manuals are located in the Document Folder within the WGL folder (inside OFP folders).

Yep wink_o.gif Also i believe i found 1 Bug nothing major mind u, but When u select (under groups) the M2A1 Bradley Group the Infantry are there, but no Bradley? Minor bug but still one hehe.

Also phaeden Great work on those Manuals well worth the wait

The bradley group is one of the three dismounted infantry squad of a Mechanized Infantry platoon. There are actually three squads spread across 4 IFV's, so it's sort of difficult to model ingame.

In addition to what Tactician said, when you place a vehicle in the grouping script, it automatically adds the personnel inside it. I thought it would be much easier to simply add some empty vehicles than go through an remove any that were not needed. It is not a bug, just a decision during the MOD making process.

Thanks for the recognition.

config.cpp please!

(not a demand a request).

Great work BTW.

I absolutely love this latest version, of the wargamers pack, and I have stopped playing all other OFP mods.... until I found one MASSIVE flaw that almost completely negates all the positive things about the new WGL pack. All the rifles seem to shoot high and to the left. I can no seem to hit anything at all with any rifle. And my favorite the M-21 is the worst. Even with the scope properly ranged on an infantry target, when I shoot the bullet wizzes over their head. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!??!? And don't you smart asses get on here and sell well thats because your a crappy shot hahahah. No I'm not crazy I tested the WGL rifles against the JAM and BIS standard rifles, and all the WGL rifles shoot funny in comparision. Please fix this issue so that I can play this awsome mod again. Thanks.

Assault rifles are "Battle zeroed" to 300m. This means they shoot high from 0-299m, and at 300m the bullet hits at the top edge of the ironsight's front post. After 300 meters the bullets begin to hit below the aim position. This is a pretty common setup for rifles. BIS rifles were zeroed at 100m I believe, which meant that for every target beyond that distance you had to raise up the gun to compensate a bit. The other thing is that WG bullets have correct velocity compared to BIS who used too fast speeds which meant very little drop.

The "to the left" thing is something I've never heard before. WarGames League teams have been using the pack for at least 6 months and everyone is VERY competitive since it is a league atomosphere. You better believe that they would gripe if the guns were inaccurate, and so far the only issue ever raised is the one about weaker 5.56 ammunition.

What may account for your inaccuracy is the lack of zoom on the ironsight optics. Default OFP, JAM, and everyone else, uses what amounts to a 2x zoom on ironsight view. We use 1.5x which is the same as when you rightclick with your soldier and the view zooms a bit. So targets are naturally smaller and it DEFINITELY takes some getting used to. I myself went from a very good shot to a fairly crappy one with my own MOD because I never practiced with it. But now it's all good and I'm back to fighting form..... sorta anyways. Hehe. I still make addons too much and play too little.

Hope that helps. Oh and the slightly added dispersion may account for some inaccuracy as well. Hitting anything beyond about 600m with something like the M16 is nearly, if not completely, impossible without optics (acog or elcan).

Assault rifles are "Battle zeroed" to 300m. This means they shoot high from 0-299m, and at 300m the bullet hits at the top edge of the ironsight's front post. After 300 meters the bullets begin to hit below the aim position. This is a pretty common setup for rifles. BIS rifles were zeroed at 100m I believe, which meant that for every target beyond that distance you had to raise up the gun to compensate a bit. The other thing is that WG bullets have correct velocity compared to BIS who used too fast speeds which meant very little drop.

The "to the left" thing is something I've never heard before. WarGames League teams have been using the pack for at least 6 months and everyone is VERY competitive since it is a league atomosphere. You better believe that they would gripe if the guns were inaccurate, and so far the only issue ever raised is the one about weaker 5.56 ammunition.

What may account for your inaccuracy is the lack of zoom on the ironsight optics. Default OFP, JAM, and everyone else, uses what amounts to a 2x zoom on ironsight view. We use 1.5x which is the same as when you rightclick with your soldier and the view zooms a bit. So targets are naturally smaller and it DEFINITELY takes some getting used to. I myself went from a very good shot to a fairly crappy one with my own MOD because I never practiced with it. But now it's all good and I'm back to fighting form..... sorta anyways. Hehe. I still make addons too much and play too little.

Hope that helps. Oh and the slightly added dispersion may account for some inaccuracy as well. Hitting anything beyond about 600m with something like the M16 is nearly, if not completely, impossible without optics (acog or elcan).

shouldnt that zero in standard OFP rifle are in 400m? due to engine settings?

the "too left" issue on a changealbe zoom scoped rifle is due to the engine limits so there is not thing could do with it, while there shouldnt be any problem for a fixed scope i guess

(after playing OFP for 3 years there is no choose but to live with it)

Three cheers for WGL 4.1!  This pack is great!

One tiny comment (gripe?) about the ironsights.  I think the problem with having the same zoom for right-clicking and iron sights means people (myself) wont use them as often.  I can be pretty darn accurate with that little white dot, and I usually use the ironsights to boost my aim at the expense of FOV.  This is especially true with the support weapons like SAW and PK.  I realize many servers play without the crosshair by default, but many still do.

EDIT: Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! tounge_o.gif

I installed wgl on my linux server with wine and made a packet of the files. So if any other linux admins needs them he can contact me per pm and i can give you a download link. We are a little short on traffic, or else i would have made a public link. Sorry.

Hmmm, just installed the 4.1 upgrade and tried out a couple of missions, but everytime I die the game goes to a blank screen. The game is still running (I can hear the sounds) but I have no access to any menus, even after hitting esc? I end up having to minimize the game and close it.

Is something wrong here or am I doing something wrong (apart from dieing sad_o.gif )?

thank you very much for the new version(the patch) but I wanna to play campaigns and solo missions (like resistance or 1985 campaign)with your mod how can i do??   crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

shit I've a bug the bmp2 doesn't work !? why hell??? crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

hey, dont complain about the optics, they aim just fine and youll hit as long as you aim low ;)

now, most firefights irl is in ranges between 50 and 100m, thats why atleast in sweden we are trained to aim low becouse our rifles are zeroed in 250m

the same goes to mg´s becouse of the recoil, so i actually became a better shot with wgl biggrin_o.gif

thank´s guys...

WGL i think that you must create a config to play with your mod in ofp's solo missions or campaigns(1985,resistance,red hammer...etc)

itsn't interessant to have a mod only in the editor rock.gifcrazy_o.gif ...

i agree on this...

it would be nice if all BIS units where replaced by wgl in the campaigns..., well, all original SP and MP missions too, ofcourse ;)

Config unit/weapon/vehicle replacement is on the agenda for 5.0, due in about 12 weeks. Remember that we only started using a modified master config a few weeks before 4.0's release :P

Ok.....no one helped out yet and ive already asked.....Every time i mount the mortar tube on the base i get an error and i cant use the mortar.And when i choose crew served weapon 81mm mortar in the mission editior and play and hit fire control or whatever it just says...........error....im running 1.96 and have the lateest wgl....please help me out sad_o.gif

I am not crazy. My main concern is with the M-21. If it is true that BIS rifles are zeroed to 100m then I think I know what your problem is. The scope on the M-21 is set up so that you zero infantry targets by zooming in or out until the two notches above and below the crosshair are above the targets head, and below his feet.... we all know this. However, I think that when you altered the velocity and bullet drop properties, I don't think that you adjusted the scope of the WGL M-21 to shoot properly with the more "realistic" bullet settings. If you don't believe me then go do the test for yourself.... Set up an enemy soldier 300m away. Put yourself in as a WGL M-21 sniper. Range the target and shoot. You will find that the bullet will always fly WAY over the head of the target, even when taking center of mass shots. Know try it with a BIS or JAM M-21 and compare your results. Please don't respond until you try it out.

Love this pack guys but hate to say it.... the AI guys still cant hit the broad side of a barn with an RPG or Law..... Still shootin high.

Ok.....no one helped out yet and ive already asked.....Every time i mount the mortar tube on the base i get an error and i cant use the mortar.And when i choose crew served weapon 81mm mortar in the mission editior and play and hit fire control or whatever it just says...........error....im running 1.96 and have the lateest wgl....please help me out sad_o.gif

Maybe you should just read the Manual  wink_o.gif

You need:

1. First you will need a civilian AI placed somewhere out of harm's way on your mission. Put him on an island somewhere, or just very far away. 2. Name the civilian AI... WGLMortDummy

5. Next count how many mortars you want to be in the mission. If you have enough pieces in a

crate to make 1 M224 60-mm mortar and 2 M29 81-mm mortars that's 3 total. Another

example, if you have 3 mortar teams then those count as 3 mortars also.

3. In the init line of the AI put... WGLMortDummyGrp = this; 4. Make sure the civilian AI isn’t playable 6. In the mission editor you will need to create 1 manned (manned with AI gunners) mortar for each mortar listed above. So sticking with our example, in the mission editor select the following: West > WGL - Vehicles > M224 60mm Mortar. 7. Make sure that mortar is not playable 8. Move the mortar to be within 50 meters of the civilian dummy named WGLMortDummy. The closer the better. 9. Now repeat step 6 for each mortar you want available on your mission. Sticking with the example above we would now need to place 2 M29 81mm Mortars onto the mission and move them next to the civilian dummy. 10. For best results, make sure the mortars aren't grouped. 11. Copy the contents of the Description.ext file that was included with this pack. The file is now located in your OFP folder. The Description.ext file is located with a mission folder and is included in the mission file. This file defines perimeters that affect the game. See Appendix for copy of the portion of the Description.ext that is required when making a mortar mission using the WGL 4.0 MOD. You may also check in the following mission for further information: 12. Make sure your mission does not disable AI in the Description.ext file.

\WGL\users\default\Missions\@wg_training_westmortars.usmc_gaia

mfg Tango  tounge_o.gif

(gunterlund)  April 14 2004 @ 15:24

Quote[/b] ] Love this pack guys but hate to say it.... the AI guys still cant hit the broad side of a barn with an RPG or Law..... Still shootin high.

Hmm that is very strange my AI AT Guys are just fine, miss every now and then. but can hit the target just fine most of the time.