Sign in to follow this  
AngusHeaf

Wargames addpak 4.0 released

Looks real good for MP, looks like disaster for SP. That isn't so bad, though. Can anyone put a list of IPs on the front page for servers running this mod so that people won't have to look through 20 pages to find them?

ANNOUNCEMENT: WARGAMES ADDPAK 4.10 IS OFFICIALLY READY FOR PUBLIC RELEASE !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD LINKS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are downloading the WG AddPak for the first time or updating a version older than 4.0 please use the Full Installation links below. We have also made one major change to the pack installer...

Full Installation is now 2 installers, one for the addons and one for Gaia

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 1 - 100MB

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 2 - 100MB (Euro)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Full Installation - Mirror 3 - 100MB

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 1 - 50MB (Requires 4.0)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 2 - 50MB (Requires 4.0) (Euro)

- WG AddPak 4.10 Patcher - Mirror 3 - 50MB (Required 4.0)

If you already have WG AddPak 2.50 or later you can download just the updated addpak installation program.

Gaia has not been updated since originally released! If you have Gaia already, download the file below

- WG Gaia 1.0 Full Installation - Mirror 1 - 35.3MB

- WG Gaia 1.0 Full Installation - Mirror 2 (Euro) - 35.3MB

Also needed for many WG missions is Kegety's EditorUpdate. Download this and extract it into your WGL mod folder or Res \ Addons folder

- Kegety's EditorUpdate

There are many "official" missions for WG. The link below will download all of the most current versions as of March 6th 2004. The other zip will download many of the more public oriented missions made for WG. Also worth checking out since it includes conversions of many fun classics!

- Links coming soon! Actually they may already be posted in another thread...

INSTRUCTIONS

Full Installation Package: (requires only OFP:R)

- Download the exe installer application

- Run the installer

- When you are asked for a location specify your OFP directory and it will do the rest

- When, near the end of the install, a window opens up and asks you to press any key to continue, do so, and it will install the WG Skies (hit CTRL+C to exit if you plan on running OFP in Direct3D mode)

- Download the Gaia installer application

- Run the installer

- When asked for location, again, locate your OFP directory and it will do the rest

- If using OFP:GOTY use GOTY WGL shortcut, otherwise use the other

You're done!!

Patcher Instructions: (requires 4.00)

---------------------------------------------------------

- You must be running version 4.0

- Download the installer

- Run the installer

- When you are asked for a location select your OFP directory and click Next

- When, near the end of the install, a window opens up and asks you to press any key to continue, do so, and it will install the WG Skies

- Use your existing WG OFP shortcut to play

More Information and Feedback

The sky install is not recommended if you run OFP in Direct3D mode or if you use Win98 or 95. We apologize for this, but there is nothing we can do to make it work reliably on these platforms. If you experience any errors about missing P3D or paa/pac files and you have installed the sky, delete your WGL\DTA folder and it will be fixed.

We welcome your feedback. Really we do. So don't hesitate to let us know what you think of the addon and any suggestions you have and we will try to respond as quickly as possible.

- WarGames Introduction Manual

@prauch --- the old grid (Aa00) had 128x128 squares. The 6-digit mil grid has 100x100 squares. So it's not just relabeling

Is the tech manual included in this install. Any way to get it as a separate download? Thanks for the update. Cant wait to dive into this one.

Quote[/b] ]Is the tech manual included in this install

Yes it's installed into the WGL Mod folder under Docs

and u guys are stunning! definantly Improved OFP for me by x10 easily. so just like to say.. Thanks! biggrin_o.gifblues.gif

NOOOOOOOOOO,

get a error message when i try to load a mission in the mission editor.. "missing wgl_men_400, missing wgl_vehicle_400"

is it supposed to be like this and how can i make it work???

i get another messenge when trying to load a wgl 3.0 mission in the editor "missing wgl_men_300" and stuff like that...

will you be releasing a config.cpp soon (at all)?

Some people don't mind better looking units, you know.

Quote[/b] ]get a error message when i try to load a mission in the mission editor.. "missing wgl_men_400, missing wgl_vehicle_400"

I think that's due to the changed Classnames or Filenames not entirely sure tho.

I would love this pack to use the Marine Assault Pack, Hyk Modern Infantry and BAS Special forces.

is it just me or do the ai not use the grenades?

-ZiRo

yeah, go into the mission.sqm file and delete the WGL entries in "required addons". Load the mission, then save it, and it will auto-update.

ok, i´ll try.... if youre wrong i´ll kill you... ;)

EDIT: it worked smile_o.gif thanks mate, owe you one ;)

Rogue1 and anyone else who gets that error.....

You need to open the mission.sqm file for the mission (may need to unpbo it) then delete _400. People who have been making stuff for WG know all about this, because it was a way to keep version control by renaming the addon's configs each time (to prevent a bit of cheating). We've come up with a new way of doing it though, so do this and you'll never have to do it again....

1.  Open Mission.sqm

2.  Look for anything similar to wgl_veh_400

3.  Delete the _400 part from each line (wgl_veh_400 becomes just wgl_veh)

4.  Find all references to _400 and repeat the above steps

5.  Save your work and make the PBO again for the mission if you need to

wgl_veh_400 -> wgl_veh

wgl_men_400 -> wgl_men

wgl_wep_400 -> wgl_wep

wgl_events_400 -> wgl_events

Sorry about the hassle. It won't be done again in the future since we have a new way to version check based on some scripts.

i never actually got the Error Angus wink_o.gif , but thanks for the tips and relavant information for those that didn't know. and the even better news is. i haven't found any Bugs or errors as of yet and shall test exstenively in MP also wink_o.gif

Get an editor that does regex renaming and try something like replace (wgl_.*)_400 with $1.

I believe most of you will find that 4.1 is less of a "disaster" for SP than 4.0. In fact, I think 4.1's AI even goes above and beyond OFP's. All gunshots and explosions are audible from much further away, and this seems to affect AI; troops set on "guard" waypoints respond to gunfire beyond their visual range. All troops are better at searching, and their ears are more sensitive (airborne and special forces troops are even more skilled). AI troops are no longer immune to the effects of gunshot wounds, as their skill is temporarily nullified after being hit. Soldiers will engage with their weapons at more realistic (much longer) ranges. They can finally aim AT weapons correctly too ;)

Here are some missions I made during the course of 4.1's development using CoC's command engine. No AI scripting is used for the OPFOR, only waypoints. All AI are set for default (low) skill according to rank.

ftp://ftp.squadengine.com/opflash....ce2.zip

What I'm trying to say is.. if you tried 4.0 and didn't like it because the AI are crap, it's worth another shot ;)

Would it be possible for me to edit the config to cater for some other addons units please?

I'd like to make an edited config to use the HYK modern infantry and some of the BAS units. keeping the rucksacks, ai, weapons etc. for my campaign

-ZiRo

Everything you need to edit the addons is in wgl_men, basically. Just inherit from WGL_SoldierWB and you're golden.

thanks tactician - even though i find your effects a complete bitch to deal with in the heat of a battle, but i guess real soldiers cant take hits without having weapon holding ability affected biggrin_o.gif

-ZiRo

PS: a squad of spetz natz just owned a squad of us infantry in a forest.

EDIT:

In which pbo will i be able to find the config for all the editor units?

Just wanted to drop in and say I am having a blast finding out all the features in WGL. Rucksack stuff is especially cool...

Now all I need is a lot of spare time to convert all the missions to WGL stuff and enjoy them crazy_o.gif

Right im having some problems with my config, infact its only one problem:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class animations

{

class ZIR_goggles

{

type="rotation";

animPeriod=0.5;

selection="google";

axis="gooAX";

angle0=0;

angle1=-0.659;

};

};

class UserActions

{

class ZIR_LowerGoggles

{

displayName="Lower Goggles";

position="gooAX";

radius=1.0;

condition="this animationPhase ""goggles"" < 0.5";

statement="this animate [""goggles"",1]";

};

class ZIR_RaiseGoggles

{

displayName="Raise Goggles";

position="gooAX";

radius=1.0;

condition="this animationPhase ""goggles"" >= 0.5";

statement="this animate [""goggles"",0]";

};

};

I get error Class UserActions member already defined and i cant think why.

Whole section:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ZIR_WGL_SoldierWB: SoldierWB

{

vehicleClass="ZIR WGL - Men";

displayName="Rifleman";

model="\HYK_USsol\wl\HYK_USsol_wl.p3d"

camouflage=1;

moves="CfgMovesMC";

hiddenSelections[] =

{

"medic";

"mic";

};

scope=2;