Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Desert 5t truck pack.

Hi all.

I always thought: So many good desert vehicles, but no repair, ammo and fuel trucks in desert colours.

Then I saw ShadowY's signature with exact those vehicles.

I asked him about it and he said, that he edited "AJS = Abuu & Jonno Studios" jungle camo truck pack with MAF's amazing desert 5T truck texes.

So I took a look at it and made this:

DesertSupportTrucks1.jpg

---

DesertSupportTrucks2.jpg

---

DesertSupportTrucks3.jpg

---

-5t truck(like MAF's truck)

-5t truck open

-5t truck repair

-5t truck ammo

-5t truck fuel

---

Some textures don't fit for 100%, but it's ok if you just want desert support vehicles. (As it is for me, I made this pack for personal use)

---

I have no full permission to use Abuu & Jonno´s truck pack.

Jonno said it´s fine, but most of the work on the jungle trucks was made by Abuu, which I can´t contact.

I think it´s ok to release, if someone think it´s not, then feel free to don´t download. wink_o.gif

---

Enough talking, get them here:

-> DOWNLOAD <-

Big thx to ShadowY, Marfi and Abuu & Jonno.

---

I hope you like this small pack.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

This Mirror will be online 2 or 3 weeks, 'cause Lees Link got a traffic limit.

Yes - 150 GB until the end of this month ;)

Ah lovley smile_o.gif

Thnx for releasing them and not just using them for personal use.

smile_o.gif

This Mirror will be online 2 or 3 weeks, 'cause Lees Link got a traffic limit.

Yes - 150 GB until the end of this month ;)

don't tell them, it looks much more expensive when there are mirros wow_o.gif

Nice stuff, gonna grab it now and throw up a mirror if I can remember in a little smile_o.gif

Very nice, although I'm not sure why you increased the glass armor or the wheel armor. The US Army 5-ton trucks DO NOT have armored glass. I know because I drove them in the US Army. Increasing the armor on the tires is fine as they use a tire inflation system anyways that helps keep the tire inflated from one or two shots (although any more and it may not work plus there is the danger of the tire ripping apart).

Anyhoo... I'm going to give this truck a good combat workout. So far it looks great.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very nice, although I'm not sure why you increased the glass armor or the wheel armor.  The US Army 5-ton trucks DO NOT have armored glass.  I know because I drove them in the US Army.  Increasing the armor on the tires is fine as they use a tire inflation system anyways that helps keep the tire inflated from one or two shots (although any more and it may not work plus there is the danger of the tire ripping apart).  

Anyhoo... I'm going to give this truck a good combat workout.  So far it looks great.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As in the readme, I took the same values like the jungle truck pack.

I like the idea of beeing a supporter and driving with a support truck convoy from west-tonal -> to -> east tonal, with a little bigger chance of surviving and not getting blown up by ONE person with a ak-47 an 2 handgranades.

Every Soldier with MG, RPG, an APC or Tank or helicopter or aircraft, can blow this trucks into pieces. It´s not like they are Uber!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Lee, you are the man biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for releasing it.

About the permissions, I think we made a big deal about it in the topic from A&M discussion, you and other people tryed to contact the main creator for awhile without joy. You have permission from the allmighty Marfi for his textures smile_o.gif

You have permission from Jonno but no one can get in contact with Abuu.

I think thats good enought and I think that Abuu would agree on seeing his work being used this way.

Great, I'm downloading now( I hope biggrin_o.gif ).

Thanks to every body inbolved in this pack.

@CERO.

The trucks are really nice. Great idea !

A perfect addon smile_o.gif

Nicely done, Lee.

Great work Lee, they look top notch.

RED

Very nice, although I'm not sure why you increased the glass armor or the wheel armor.  The US Army 5-ton trucks DO NOT have armored glass.  I know because I drove them in the US Army.  Increasing the armor on the tires is fine as they use a tire inflation system anyways that helps keep the tire inflated from one or two shots (although any more and it may not work plus there is the danger of the tire ripping apart).  

Anyhoo... I'm going to give this truck a good combat workout.  So far it looks great.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

As in the readme, I took the same values like the jungle truck pack.

I like the idea of beeing a supporter and driving with a support truck convoy from west-tonal -> to -> east tonal, with a little bigger chance of surviving and not getting blown up by ONE person with a ak-47 an 2 handgranades.

Every Soldier with MG, RPG, an APC or Tank or helicopter or aircraft, can blow this trucks into pieces. It´s not like they are Uber!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I just gave these trucks a good combat workout and you are right... you did a good job with increasing the dammage a bit on them. Actually in real life, they are very tough and can take quite a bit of gunfire before being disabled.

But after doing the convoy type missions with them like you mentioned I agree that its necessary that they take a bit more dammage. So my apologies for that unfair criticism.

Excellent work Lee!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

So my apologies for that unfair criticism.  

I won´t call it unfair.

Talking about things give us a chance to find a solution.

I am happy that you like the values.

---

Thx to all for those nice comments.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Great work smile_o.gif

I like them very much.

PS.

I have a question about 5-toners at all. I do not know how it is in real life, but would it be possible to make them carry 2 whole sqads of infantry + driver?

Nice trucks that make very good convoy ambush mission on Iraq. Good work Lee.

smile_o.gif

Btw are these trucks used in the army anymore?

Yes these trucks are still used.  

Generally however they are used more for hauling cargo and for dumping operations (for doing construction).

The main troop carrier truck however, the old Vietnam era, but kick ass "Deuce and a half" (2 & 1/2 ton truck) is now being replaced by the new FMTV trucks.   The old Deuce was a real soldier...very solid, fast, and reliable.

But the new FMTV is also a fantastic truck and is much more versatile then the old Deuce.  Info on it is here:

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/vehicles/stewart_stevenson/

usa-010.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>