Sign in to follow this  
Thud_and_Blunder

Btr 70 mine explosion picture/video

There is a quite-well-known video sequence of a BTR-series APC with troops on board being blown-up. Another (aviation-related) bulletin board I occasionally read has had pictures from this video posted as a "sequence from a US TACP", claiming that it is the result of an airstrike on a Taleban target.

I find this very unlikely - the video quality is too good, for a start - and would like to find out definitive information on the origin/provenance of the video so that I might disabuse the other forum members. I suspect that it is news footage of Afghan regular troops pre-2001, but can't find anything to prove it. Can anyone in the OpFP community help out with the background to this film clip? Thanks.

just for precaution, i hope no one posts link to those two images. it's against the forum rules.

If you are talking about this incident, it were chechen resistance who blew up the russian BTR.

cimage1.jpg

Thankyou for your replies. Balschoiw - that is the video sequence in question; do you have any references which show who carried out the filming? You may indeed be correct about the Chechen involvement, but I need to disprove the US/aviation connection to the satisfaction of the moderators on the other board. Cheers

Filming was done by Chechen Mujahideen.

I send you PM.

Edit:

Sent. I included two different sources.

1. Kavkaz center (deals with chechen Mujahideen operations)

2. Strategypages (deals with international scenarios)

The Taliban don´t have BTR´s at all. Funny that they think so.

Again, my thanks to those who, by PM, have given me the references required to refute the disinformation on the other bulletin board.

Moderators - please feel free to close/delete this (very helpful) now-complete thread.