Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

benu: i have no plans of updating Y2K3 with the "new ECP" it has been undeniably determined ECP is for the elite billion dollar PCist. and it has also been determed that ECP is not very kind in terms of lag.. without ECP i gained 20 FPS...

with that said, Y2K3-PE, which does not use those laggy ECP looped scripts will be the default installed config for the magazine.

i have no plans to upgrade Y2K3 with the new version of ECP as its not only a hassel, but seriously not worth it, since ECP lags even the most leet of machines.

@ removing laggy ECP scripts: you need to remove the init.sqs scripts.. check out the PE version of Y2K3 (its on the downloads section of the Y2K3 site) and check out the init's of all the units (tanks, choppers, units, ect) thats how you re-rout the ECP effects without actualy running ECP. also solves the save game bug

mex0r: it sounds like either you dont have the addons needed for Y2K3 (which should be installed with the large installer file) or your OFP inst reading your OFP Y2K3 mod folder

no offense to the creators of ECP: but in terms of upgrading Y2K3 with the new ECP: fuck ecp

Pappy that was totally out of line, you're the first to get upset when someone criticises something you've tried to do for the community, remember a certain webpage? Well it works both ways.

no offense to the creators of ECP: but in terms of upgrading Y2K3 with the new ECP: fuck ecp

Pappy that was totally out of line, you're the first to get upset when someone criticises something you've tried to do for the community, remember a certain webpage? Well it works both ways.

sorry about that.

speaking form a modders veiw point ECP, im tellin you

if u ever worked with it you would understand my reasoning here.

if you veiw the guts of it you will understand my frustration with it.

if you ever play with it you will understand my misunderstanding of it. by this i mean, i dont understand how A: someone would make a mod for only the elite few, and how some people, and please i mean no disrespect by this eitehr, can deal with the 5 fps.

now yes, i know the default Y2K3 is based on ECP that was becuz so many people became obsessed with it, and at that point i was making a mod for everyone else rather then myself, the PE version was the one i made for myself. but i just cant figure out why.. i personaly know so many people like this, that tell me "omg ecp is so awesome! i mean yea i only get like 5 or 8 frames a second lol but still its so cool!!!". and i am seriously not making this up, a large number of ECPers dont get too high a frame rateage.

now im sure theres 90 peoiple out there with thier uber computers of doom with 20 gigs of ram and 19000GHz processor that will tell me "well psh they got a crappy comptuer thats why" and compared to your's, yes it is. but considering that the average human being cant afford super computer and that the 90% of gamers, OFPers mainly, that own a computer own a down to earth type computer, which is about 1.5 or higher PC with between 256 and 512 ram. and lets put it at a best case scenerio here: 1.8Ghz PC with 512 ram. frame rate is still 8 to 10.

now what is the point to all this? my frustration with the ECP dev team is one that i myself have faced on many occasions with Y2K3 (since it was ECP based) before the PE version, hence the creation of the PE version. and that is why go to all the time, trouble, and effort to create a mod, that only 1 out of 15 people can fully use? why not look over the entire project and find certian things to re-route and scrap all together for normal people.

perhaps my comments do come off as rude toward ECP, and most likly they blow it off and dont give a rats ass i know. but. it wasnt until the 3rd nasty email i got about Y2K3 not being "normal PC compatable" in terms of lag before i said "this ECP based stuff just isnt gonna cut it in teh real (gaming) world, and i need to cut out alot of this useless stuff, reroute the useful stuff, and make a version taht is much more PC freindly.basicly a smile and a nod gets ignored, but a kick in the ass gets results. im tryin to get thru to ECP that they need to start thinking about EVERYBODY and not just those people that can afford $9000 computer systems

i hope you all understand

You can't blame a mod-team for making a mod for the higher end of computers. Just because the mod is'nt intended for mainstream use does not justify your flame towards them.

As for your removal of these so called "useless stuff". I would'nt know what you're talking about here because I use ECP the way it was meant to be firectly from the ECP-team.

Now, lets end this discussion here, if anyone from both parties have an issue here, feel free to contact a mod in private.

I wont play OFP anymore because BIS made it for rich people with uber computer. I tried OFP on highest terrain settings with 5000 view distance and got CTD. Screw BIS!!!!1111 mad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]You can't blame a mod-team for making a mod for the higher end of computers

Settings settings and once more settings. Why do you think they are there?

The thread is here to discuss the Y2K3 mod, any other discussion doesn't belong here and will be dealt with accordingly.

@placebo

One thing I thought about that your attitude and words are always high-pressure.

Are you a god or somthing like that? Because of the moderetor of BIS forum?

You seemed like speak at us from high above my head.

Just like you're the president and we're subordinates.

Why don't you try to act kindly and smiley at OFP CUSTUMERS?

Hate to my words? then banned me.

I'm so sorry pappy to waste your thread... sad_o.gif

I'm English so it would be prime minister not president wink_o.gif

Joking aside if I'm trying to make a clear point I leave out smileys so there can be no confusion that it's something I consider important, most of the time they're in there.

Now if you have anything further to discuss click my private message button smile_o.gif

Hmm, i have a system that is very far away from the a high end pc , even considered as low end by today standard, and i played ECP (the non-Dynamic Range version, as unfortunately Dynamic Ranges adds extra sounds events and so is more ressource intensive) and have no problem of lags with it.

The key word is settings as void_false said, the greateness of ECP is that you can tweak ECP in the options (and in the provided files) to disable or enable what you want , adapting its features to your system.

And how about discussing with the ECP team to find solutions to your Y2K3 script replacements problem instead of flaming them in a forum , this would have been a lot more constructive and could have beneficied to your Y2K3 mod users.

RED by example had helped lots of people in the past in the mission editing forum and is a member of the ECP team, so if they can, they would certainly help.

And how about discussing with the ECP team to find solutions to your Y2K3 script replacements problem instead of flaming them in a forum , this would have been a lot more constructive and could have beneficied to your Y2K3 mod users.

as i said before "medium and low range PC's cant enjoy the full potentional of ECP

and about the script problems. i have no script problems now.

the problem before was: ECP's init.sqs file loops every 0.01. and it in itself controls EVERYTHING. from blood to AT backblast. now to conform ECP to the average computer means getting rid of about 76% of all the ECP effects... or in the case of the PE version, get rid of 10% of the effects, and reroute the others. if its one thing i learned in this whole ordeal (of making Y2K3) that is init (loop) scripts = lag 2 hell

the trick is not to put in an init script, have it loop on the 200 + units per mission, and have it check the speed, hight, fireing, weapons, name, rank, serioal number, and all that other stuff. rather then have it check ever 0.01 to see if i have an AT4 and if i fired it. you link it to the fired eventhandler.. now the sript is only run if i have an AT4 and only if i fired it. the blood script isnt looping 0.01 to see if im shot. its linked to the hit eventhandler so it activates only when i am hit. samething with the exploding bodies script. rather then have it loop every 0.1 you move it to hit eventhandler as well.

you see my point here? the problem in Y2K3 in terms of lag was, running that ECP init.sqs over and over and over and over again for every stinking unit on the map. and i have talked with ECP about this, long before thier last release, particuarly with 'snyper' and his entire additude was basicly "i am the scripting god and u are a fool thus i do not have to listen to a word you say" and well i found that rather iggnorant. when people asked them to put the controlable parachute in the halo script.. i read over ECP's readme that clearly stated "please feel free to modify this (ECP)" and so i spent about 2 hours figureing out how to make the controlable parachute work inplace of the default one, and i released it, and toadlife had a feild day with me on MSN. bout poped an anurisum becuz i edited it. and i just cant deal with people like that.

ive talked to alot of modders in my adventures into modding and let me just say that alot of them (not all.. but alot) have some very, serious, additude problems in terms of public relations. now again thats not all of them, scud, extraction, tigershark, most of WWIIEC, all have great public relation additudes and all enjoy what they do. but so many other modders just have this "psh fuck you man i am a modding god you son of a bitch i know all there is to know mwuhahaaha!!!!!!!! mad_o.gif " now there are a few people in the ECP team that arent like that but 'the ones that matter' are. so talking with them is absolutly pointless

bottom line here is: i dont plan on using anything from ECP anymore. i dont plan on updating Y2K3 with the new and improved ECP no matter how uber leet c00l it is. and my comments toward ECP extend way past the 'oh well the mod is laggy so yea thats why i dont like them' it extends much deeper then that, down to a personal level as well. now as shadow said can we drop the subject? it was my personal opinion. and i personaly hate ECP. i also hate vegetables, fruit, and fat free food. but lets not argue bout that either wink_o.gif

the problem before was: ECP's init.sqs file loops every 0.01. and it in itself controls EVERYTHING. from blood to AT backblast. now to conform ECP to the average computer means getting rid of about 76% of all the ECP effects... or in the case of the PE version, get rid of 10% of the effects, and reroute the others. if its one thing i learned in this whole ordeal (of making Y2K3) that is init (loop) scripts = lag 2 hell

Please show me this 0.01 loops as I am too stupid to find it.

RED

I see two possibilities for this topic:

1) You keep discussing this matter and the topic closes

2) That discussion ends here and the topic stays open

Have a nice day smile_o.gif

Solution for Invalid texture aspect ratio (512x32) on a Linux server running Y2K3.

Had a talk to admin of spanish clan SSU. They also run Y2K3 on their linux server. Solution for this error is that the INQ_HTTV.pbo has a 512*32 size black texture in it. U can unpbo it and put in a 512*64 size black texture and repbo it. Upload it onto ur server into the Y2K3/ addons dir and overwrite the one thats there. It isnt needed on the clients so dont worry.

A ready made file is available, get it in this post

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....8;st=15

Pappy is there anyway to make my ofp read the files? thanks alot!!! smile_o.gif

:'Ch33rs':

First off, I wanted to say that I have really been enjoying the Y2K3 mod. It has remade OFP into a vastly improved visual game.

I have recently been palying multiplayer more often and seem to freeze up when I run Y2K3 on line. It starts fine and usually lets me play for about 15minutes before freezing. Any suggestions for fixing this?

@ invalid texture size: thanks for solving that, much apprecated

@ making OFP read Y2K3: just add Y2K3 to your OFP shortcut (ie: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=Y2K3; ) minus the ( ) and that should make OFP read it.

@multiplayer problem: i have that too when i play on non-Y2K3 based servers, and ive concluded that its due to ammo tweaks. like the M60 and PK having 200 rounds instead of 100. and the east MG having 50 rounds (plus 10 reloads) instead of 500. so that screws things up. check out the SSU or ASP servers as they run Y2K3 smile_o.gif

I know this isnt the keygets support forum... But when i add the dx addon to my Y2k3, it seems to strip out my antialiasing settings of my card... I turned the 2 lod sliders all the way to the left... makes things seem sharper, but the edges are still jagged... What am I doing wrong?

I know this isnt the keygets support forum... But when i add the dx addon to my Y2k3, it seems to strip out my antialiasing settings of my card... I turned the 2 lod sliders all the way to the left... makes things seem sharper, but the edges are still jagged... What am I doing wrong?

afaik, DXDLL cancels out the AA. something to do with post prosessing

New question about Y2K3 and linux server....

Is there any way of preventing people NOT running Y2K3 crashing the server. Now we have the Y2K3 pack up on our server we constantly seeing peeps comin in without the pack.

They immediately crash the server if u run a map. People in game get the message that they cant find bis_resistance addon and byebye server. So the clients are crashing the host.

And as we are running no addon maps anyone can come in.

Hope there's a solution to this problem...................

<< imho this thread is becoming 2 big 2 search in, u cant expect peeps to read 140 pages of messages for a solution, how easy it may be >>

i personaly dont know. but what i do know is, it hasnt been mentioned before. so searching this thread wont do you any good wink_o.gif

Just run the new shortcut you created insted of running the original. You can just copy + paste the modified shortcut on your desktop.

ok before anyone asks. yes i have seen the new ICP effects mod. and ive only tested the tank gun fire and it kicks arse  biggrin_o.gif

1_firegood.jpg

and here's how you make your tanks do that:

download This File Here and install the icp_effects.pbo into your Y2K3/Addons Folder

find "Class Tank :" in the config

overwrite the current eventhandlers with the following:

class EventHandlers

{

init="[_this select 0] exec ""\ICP_effects\tankstvol\tankstvol.sqs""";

killed="[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\check_dammage_tank.sqs""";

hit="[_this select 0] exec ""\GMR\hit_tank.sqs""";

};

save and re-bin the config. now all the tanks (not the bmp) will have this fire effect