Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

I also have the message " missing Bas_weap", and the sound of the new colt 45 is extremely weak.

I also have a bug with the bradley which does not have the interior view anymore.

Why did you keep the Bas crew for the M2A2 instead of the new Cbt one?

benus,Bear72

Open the cpp file with ya notepad.

Try to find "CfgAddons" section.

then go to bottom.

You can find these lines from there.

{"GMR","EC_m1911a1","INQ_Weaponpack","csla","

csla_air","csla_mod","INQ_M113","C8X_russ","C8X_us

mc","C8X_magazines","INQ_namoneonethree","BAS_AirWeap",

"BAS_SOAR185","BAS_SOARPilots","BAS_MAH60","BAS_HH60G&q

uot;,"JAM_Magazines","hep_weapons","throwkok","inq_a10&

quot;,"kegrpg7","owp_zil","suchruss","COGAH1G",&qu

ot;suchusmc","CBT_Misc","CBT_BradModels","CBT_M2IFV",&q

uot;cbt_m2inf","kord","cbt_crew","HMMWV","salvager

aft"};

Just add "BAS_Weap" inside these lines.

And convert to bin.

It should be works without error!

Don't ask me why cuz I dunno tounge_o.gif

But I thought this problem is just for me.

Quote[/b] ]I also have a bug with the bradley which does not have the interior view anymore.

Same here, to be precise no interior textures can be seen at all or maybe it's other way around... they're there but just are transparent... and furthermore when in, the unit sits somewhat near land level.

Another thing, there's no "get in as commander" available in menu at all.

This bug only apply to Y2K3mod M2A2.pbo addon, original rudedog's works fine.

Anyone, any ideas ??

about the bradley: when is use it i get this script error:

\CBT_Brad_Scripts\fx\DKMM_IRsig.sqs not found

i have all the rudedog addons and i have the CBT_BRAD_SCripts.pbo in my folder.  perpahs there has been a change in the scripts from the earlier versions to version 1.2 rock.gif

yes that it is this sqs isn'tin the script.pbo anymore with version 1.2

the WEST OFFICER uses the M4 with grenadelauncher...

it has still the optics drom INQ.....

because I don't like them sooo much i reworked them and found something interesting.  INQ has cut a part of his OWN textures when making the alpha texture.....perhaps he wanted it so....

m4.jpg

the texture looks like this when changing the alpha texture

i send an e-mail to INQUISITOR ... if i am allowed to give it to others... if anyone is interessted....

have to wait for an answer !!!

I also have the missing bas_weap. The explanation of how to fix it goes over my head! Could some kind person help me out?Perhaps send me a fixed config or something. Or does that request seem a little to cheeky? muchas gracias blaa blaa

ok lets solve this problem one by one here

benus: kegetys sky is beautiful i liked it too. . .its even nicer if u like low frame rate. llaumsa sky is more cpu freindly

@bradly not having an interior view: the bradly has pissed me off time and time again. . .in this case its because everyone seems to be getting problems with thier addon that i dont have with mine. . . so to resolve im gonna adapt the config to have the bradly in it instead of changing the pbo file. . . if this doesnt work then i think im gonna end up killing someone

@ bradly scripts: i will most likly be removing all the scripts from the bradly as in his latest release he changed every last frickin script path and unfortunitly i dont have the time to depbo 19 different addons to figure out where he hid them so i getting rid of all the scripts

@ west officer: thats because he is armed with the INQ M4/nade launcher. . . im not making a special weapon class just for the west officer night. to change the site requires 1 of 2 things:

*edit the INQ weapon pack and tell everyone who has tried my mod to redownload 30 megs of an addon they already have

or

*make a special weapon class thats just for him. which will cause CTD, MP bugs, and about 87 other problems i cant go into right now

the new optics are only thought for those who like it.

it was just some personal fun to change it.... and if there is someone who wants it ... he'll or she'll have to depbo inq weaponpack and change i by himself or herself.

the normal optics are good as well.. and you won't play an officer who is nightequipped so often. so......

i didN't want you to have more work with that pappy.

but what i have to say. SINCE the final 5.0 ... hehehehehhe

there have been amazing changes. because know it is getting into detail.

that makes the config so amazing.

(but I can only talk for myself...... the new JEEP MG replacement sucks. but the new sitting animation in cars is wonderfull)

the new optics are only thought for those who like it.

it was just some personal fun to change it....  and if there is someone who wants it ... he'll or she'll have to depbo inq weaponpack and change i by himself or herself.

the normal optics are good as well.. and you won't play an officer who is nightequipped so often. so......

i didN't want you to have more work with that pappy.

but what i have to say. SINCE the final 5.0 ... hehehehehhe

there have been amazing changes. because know it is getting into detail.

that makes the config so amazing.

(but I can only talk for myself...... the new JEEP MG replacement sucks.  but the new sitting animation in cars is wonderfull)

i still have to increase the armor on teh jeepmg so that will make it better . . its got hte default armor now

ok nothing has changed since my last post here

but i wanted to point out

that im calling this beta version that i released

X-Y2K3 as this is an experimental version now smile_o.gif

so the offical name for this beta update is X-Y2K3

and it is NOT MP compatable with the older version. so if you find a Y2K3 server running 5.1 do not bother joinin up tounge_o.gif

i would even suggestion making a XY2K3 folder for the Experimental version(s)

anything news?

How 'bout CD player bug?

anything news?

How 'bout CD player bug?

yea thats been fixed u can redownload the X-Y2K3 pack again and reinsert the ssv_documents.pbo file and that will solve it smile_o.gif

im waiting on some new trucks and anything else that might spark my attention

Quote[/b] ]yea thats been fixed u can redownload the X-Y2K3 pack again and reinsert the ssv_documents.pbo file and that will solve it

im waiting on some new trucks and anything else that might spark my attention

Roger that, Pappy.

Sounds nice! Thx.

I'll check it tounge_o.gif

Pappy great mod everything is almost perfect but one thing is biting me......

The Standard support weapon for today's U.S. Army is the M249 SAW which is used at the squad and fireteam levels, while the 240B is used more at the platoon level. For the 240 there is usually a heavy weapons squad within a platoon where one of these guns will reside, while every other squad is using the 249.

Now i read how to change 249 so that it works in the mod, i tried doing that but it didn';t work, if u could give me instructions on how i could make the 249 the gun for the US machinegunner in your config, i would appreciate it

Pappy great mod everything is almost perfect but  one thing is biting me......

The Standard support weapon for today's U.S. Army is the M249 SAW which is used at the squad and fireteam levels, while the 240B is used more at the platoon level. For the 240 there is usually a heavy weapons squad within a platoon where one of these guns will reside, while every other squad is using the 249.

Now i read how to change 249 so that it works in the mod, i tried doing that but it didn';t work, if u could give me instructions on how i could make the 249 the gun for the US machinegunner in your config, i would appreciate it

in the editable cpp version

search for soldierwb

scroll down til you find the machine gunner

you will see 2 lines

weapons={M240B,Throw,Put}

magazines={M240b. .. }

delete those two

right below it is 2 more lines that look exactly like that but say M249 in the weapons section, just delete the // before the weapon and magazine lines and then use the cpp2bin program to rebin the config and it will work

i did this becuz for my version i use the 249 cuz i hate the 240

suchy and earls 249 has 0 reciol. . ..but inq's has ample reciol. ..so if more ppl want the 249 ill use the INQ version, the textures are almost the same

lo

hot a problem when i want to load a savegame in ofp campaign

"could not load users\choum\Saved\campaign\continue.fps"

"error no entry at '/gamestate/variables/item12/data.values"

what can I do for that ?

@choumi

try this:

1.put your save-game-files of the mission/campaign into a different folder

2. run Ofp and start the mission/campaign(do not revert the campaign)

3.pause the game, hit alt-tab, now you can put your save-game-files back into the original folder i.e. users/choumi/saved/campaign/resistance

4.hit alt-tab again and click retry or load

works for me in most cases, good luck wink_o.gif

@choumi

try this:

1.put your save-game-files of the mission/campaign into a different folder

2. run Ofp and start the mission/campaign(do not revert the campaign)

3.pause the game, hit alt-tab, now you can put your save-game-files back into the original folder i.e. users/choumi/saved/campaign/resistance

4.hit alt-tab again and click retry or load

works for me in most cases, good luck wink_o.gif

sounds complicated

but hey if it works good job! smile_o.gif

downside to ECP is the fact that it doesnt like when u save games

other then that it works smile_o.gif

Pappy,

i have opflash and resistance installed and patched up.

Yet when i install the your mod and the super config 5.1 it wont run. I even tried re installing the game on my C partition just in case but i always get the same error (sorry i uninstalled it so can't remeber the exact phrase) i think it's called a 'CRC' erroro or something like that.

It's very frustrating as your instructions arn't clear and it seems like a program for other programmers or modders rather than the average gamer who knows little about file types etc.

I simply have my opflash and resistance games intalled, fully patched, use your full mod installer yet it just wont start.

I think i've tried it about 4 times now.

Poita

Pappy,

i have opflash and resistance installed and patched up.

Yet when i install the your mod and the super config 5.1 it wont run. I even tried re installing the game on my C partition just in case but i always get the same error (sorry i uninstalled it so can't remeber the exact phrase) i think it's called a 'CRC' erroro or something like that.

It's very frustrating as your instructions arn't clear and it seems like a program for other programmers or modders rather than the average gamer who knows little about file types etc.

I simply have my opflash and resistance games intalled, fully patched, use your full mod installer yet it just wont start.

I think i've tried it about 4 times now.

Poita

weird

im not very good at writing directions thats why imade an installer so all u had to do was click and go

if u get the error again post a screenshot of it here so we can figure out what it is

the next version ill have someone else write the install directions. its hard to write instructions when you know so much about it. ..like its hard for a doctor to explain surgery to someone who doesnt know. . .cuz once u have the information in ur head its hard to pretend like u dont know if that makes any sense so sorry about that

About halfway thru the resistance campaign (I think...), I get an error when loading one of missions. Says cannot load addon "bas_repairh"

I notice I have a bas_repair in my Y2k3 dir, so I renamed it bas_repairh. Well, i guess thats not the full name of the addodn because it still says missing bas_repairh. Anyone know the full name of that unit/vehicle?

Thanks

Hey all !

I'm getting the same Error with 5.1 sad_o.gif.

My Error Message:

Quote[/b] ]

CRC error - cannot install the following file:

[MyOfpPath]\Addons\SUCHusmc.pbo

(I attached an screenshot below)

I'd run the installer on a differend system but the same error message was displayed.

If possible and if it will take a lot of time to fix that error, can you just post an .rar or .zip file of your Y2k3 folder ?

regards,

Sven from Germany

y2k3error.gif

i ll suggest a what

would be nice if pilot of chopper can have a Mp5k as machinegun and not a Mp5N

u can found a nice Mp5k smg into HKpack

Hey all !

I'm getting the same Error with 5.1 sad_o.gif.

My Error Message:

Quote[/b] ]

CRC error - cannot install the following file:

[MyOfpPath]\Addons\SUCHusmc.pbo

(I attached an screenshot below)

I'd run the installer on a differend system but the same error message was displayed.

If possible and if it will take a lot of time to fix that error, can you just post an .rar or .zip file of your Y2k3 folder ?

regards,

Sven from Germany

http://www.galaxy-x.de/y2k3error.gif

for some reason the installer isnt woring with random addons. . sometimes its that one sometimes its csla, sometimes hfr_apach

i would suggest downloading the addons one by one. . i know this is annoying. but it will be easiest for you until the next version is ready. i applogise for the inconvinance

@ MP5, i think that arming the pilots with just a pistol is enough. other then helo pilots i couldnt see where a piliot would have room for anything more then a pistol