Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Would anyone be interested in new versions of Everon Malden Kulgujev with tall grass in the open fields? I might experiment with this in WRPTool.

yeah do that.  but try to get a good balance between looks and performance !!!

@pappy hey get a strange error message when using a tow (from bradley e.g) or an at8 rocket (bmp2) on a enemy vehicle. same with tow from ah1 .

it appears when target rocket hits the target.

only appears with an OK it away.

It says:

script scalar boot array string 0xfcffffefflies\flies_pause.sqs not found.

don't know but this message didN#t appear with your last release.

script scalar boot array string 0xfcffffefflies\flies_pause.sqs not found.

don't know but this message didN#t appear with your last release.

This is aldredy reported bug. If you relly hate this, you cant do like i - remove all ecp scripts biggrin_o.gif from pappy config (performace over quailinty! smile_o.gif ). You get this error only once, arent you?

Would anyone be interested in new versions of Everon Malden Kulgujev with tall grass in the open fields?  I might experiment with this in WRPTool.

I bet the AI would be able to see through the grass. If not, it might be cool to try.

I was using the War Games config but recently changed to the Y2K3 config (which Rocks!) but the NVGoggles of Y2K3 are the default of the game. I was wondering if there is a way to be able to use or edit the goggles so they would be like the War Games Mod. I never play night missions with default NVGs because of the poor visual quality (I know it's more realistic, not according to War Games Mod) the WGmod NVGs still have it's visual limitations since everything is green, it's like fighting in one demension, which is what one of my friends told me who is in the Marines. So if I could change the new Y2K3 config to the way the WGmod has it please let me know if there is a way this can be done.

I was using the War Games config but recently changed to the Y2K3 config (which Rocks!)  but the NVGoggles of Y2K3 are the default of the game.  I was wondering if there is a way to be able to use or edit the goggles so they would be like the War Games Mod.  I never play night missions with default NVGs because of the poor visual quality (I know it's more realistic, not according to War Games Mod) the WGmod NVGs still have it's visual limitations since everything is green, it's like fighting in one demension, which is what one of my friends told me who is in the Marines.  So if I could change the new Y2K3 config to the way the WGmod has it please let me know if there is a way this can be done.

Wanna play with WGL goggles, with Pappy mod? You have to modify pappy config.cpp. You have to add wgl_ui.pbo to your addons. Find line "class NVGoggles : Binocular", and replece all conttent of this line with this.

Quote[/b] ]

NVGoggles : Binocular

{

displayName="$STR_DN_NV_GOGGLES";

showEmpty=0

valueWeapon=5

opticsZoomMin=1.000000;

opticsZoomMax=1.000000;

modelOptics="\wgl_ui\nvgoggles\wgl_nvg_optics.p3d";

model="nvg_proxy";

};

restank.jpg

thanks to benus and his information seeking. i have been able to not only crew the resistance tanks with resistance crew. but change the models all together

update will be released later tonight after i do a lil more testing

changes uploaded. res tanks have res crews and their tanks are now different from the orginal T72 and T80 for easier speration on teh battlefeld.

res BMP unchanged thou. as i have no planes on requireing more addons and i dont feel like refixing the csla arm file again as csla has cut me enough slack im not about to cut the rope

Pappy your psychedelic avatar would go well with 'Operation Flashpoint: 70's Disco Crisis'. The soldiers could have long hair, bellbottom camo pants, and flowers stuck in the barrels of their rifles...

I was using the War Games config but recently changed to the Y2K3 config (which Rocks!)  but the NVGoggles of Y2K3 are the default of the game.  I was wondering if there is a way to be able to use or edit the goggles so they would be like the War Games Mod.  I never play night missions with default NVGs because of the poor visual quality (I know it's more realistic, not according to War Games Mod) the WGmod NVGs still have it's visual limitations since everything is green, it's like fighting in one demension, which is what one of my friends told me who is in the Marines.  So if I could change the new Y2K3 config to the way the WGmod has it please let me know if there is a way this can be done.

Wanna play with WGL goggles, with Pappy mod? You have to modify pappy config.cpp. You have to add wgl_ui.pbo to your addons. Find line "class NVGoggles : Binocular", and replece all conttent of this line with this.

Quote[/b] ]

NVGoggles : Binocular

{

displayName="$STR_DN_NV_GOGGLES";

showEmpty=0

valueWeapon=5

opticsZoomMin=1.000000;

opticsZoomMax=1.000000;

modelOptics="\wgl_ui\nvgoggles\wgl_nvg_optics.p3d";

model="nvg_proxy";

};

Hey, thanks for the tip man! biggrin_o.gif

I've changed mine and it's working perfectly!!

Regards!

Hey Pappy great work but.... you gotta package the updated night vision goggles from wgl with your mod. I can't tell you what a difference this makes with night fighting. Since your updating OFP to modern warfare anyway, you might as well ditch the old 1980s era NVGs. If you read the post above mine, they tell you exactly how to add the new NVGs. It took me like 30 seconds to do.

Hey Pappy great work but.... you gotta package the updated night vision goggles from wgl with your mod.  I can't tell you what a difference this makes with night fighting.  Since your updating OFP to modern warfare anyway, you might as well ditch the old 1980s era NVGs.  If you read the post above mine, they tell you exactly how to add the new NVGs.  It took me like 30 seconds to do.

i want to add INQ's version its better then anything out there but it refuses to be nice about it  mad_o.gif

in other words

it wont let me crazy_o.gif

edit: but i will keep trying

ok im an idiot. the inq and wgl are the same biggrin_o.gif

im lookin into their compass and perhaps binocs too

ok compase and NVG optics changed will upload shortly.

in the meantime anyone know why i get this error after depboing the Data3d.pbo

File: 9K32_Strela_proxy.p3d Compressed: YES

Extraction result: CHECKSUM Error!

and if anyone is able to extract the strela file without that error i would apprecate it

*Compass changed to WGL one

*Night vison optics change to WGL one

requires

wgl_ui.pbo which is included in the config.rar but if you have the orginal that works too

also requires resource.cpp (for the Compass) use the one in the config.rar file and overwrite the orginal in your OFP\Y2K3\Bin folder (if one is in there)

all you need to download is the config file of your choice (wither its the exploding bodies or no exploding bodies)

OFP: Y2K3

OFP: Y2K3 (No eXploding Bodies)

also note for newcomers semi-detailed installation instructions on page one fixed

How do I change the INQ weapons in this into Sucheys M16's. I know how to do it if you can depbo something and find the config.cpp, but there's no pbo related in this just the config.bin? Can someone tell me what I need to do, I'm kinda lost. I changed in the Y2K2.cpp to the M16s but I don't think that really does anything?

How do I change the INQ weapons in this into Sucheys M16's. I know how to do it if you can depbo something and find the config.cpp, but there's no pbo related in this just the config.bin? Can someone tell me what I need to do, I'm kinda lost. I changed in the Y2K2.cpp to the M16s but I don't think that really does anything?

c8xus.pbo i belive it is find the model paths to the M16a4 and switch it with the model path for INQ's M16in the config.cpp the bin the config and ur done

Pappy your psychedelic avatar would go well with 'Operation Flashpoint: 70's Disco Crisis'. The soldiers could have long hair, bellbottom camo pants, and flowers stuck in the barrels of their rifles...

i had bad flashbacks from the 60's visiting his site, and im not even that old.!!! hippy Boyington we shall call him tounge_o.gif

nice work on the NVG too .

ok compase and NVG optics changed will upload shortly.

in the meantime anyone know why i get this error after depboing the Data3d.pbo

File: 9K32_Strela_proxy.p3d Compressed: YES

Extraction result: CHECKSUM Error!

and if anyone is able to extract the strela file without that error i would apprecate it

Already extrakted it, 3 days before. I dont remember any errors. How can i send to you? And great works with compas, res tanks and NV. Any progress about this annoying files.sqs bug, and binocs? And one more thing, do you do anything with this bradley strenght? I know its quite realistic, but it greatly disbalance the game. Look at my post about what happened to me in Retalation champaing, previous page biggrin_o.gif. And same error like with bradley(missing cbt_ifv) appear with Appache.

Quote[/b] ]

Hey, thanks for the tip man! biggrin_o.gif

I've changed mine and it's working perfectly!!

Regards!

Not a problem biggrin_o.gif I am glad that i can help you.

@ May 11 2004,05:13)]

i had bad flashbacks from the 60's visiting his site, and im not even that old.!!! hippy Boyington we shall call him  tounge_o.gif

nice work on the NVG too .

hey i aint no hippy  tounge_o.gif  drugs are bad cuz if u do drugs your a hippy. and hippys suck  biggrin_o.gif  Eric Cartman southpark

i jsut like bright flashy colorsbrings the item or site alive and blaring "hey look at me!"

and reality check: im only 18  wink_o.gif

kuba check your PM for my email. then u can email me the strela proxy.

yes i jacked the bradltys strenght up to 400 (default is 200)

if you are displeased with this result. then depbo the M2A2pbo and change the armor in the config

i left her unbined for all to edit. but dont tell BIS or they may kill me with thier Kangaroo army  tounge_o.gif

edit: missing addons cbt_inf thingy should be fixed now with the new config

and the flies bug ive only begun to look into. at this point its either flies with bugs (no pun intended) or no flies at all. but i will investigate the bug further

binocs i have no suitable replacment for yet. i was mistakin when lookin thru the wgl thing. they have a folder with binic models in them but i have no clue what they look like or even if thier for real. any wgl-ers out there please pm me a screenie of thier binocs if they are in fact different

Kuba, Thank you for the help with the NVG thing. I didn't think it would start a whole epidemic! I did the same thing to the Binoculars and am going to attempt the compass next. Thanks again for the help.

And thanks to Pappy for the whole Super Config! Everything Rocks! The explosions are out of this world. It's like a whole new game.

Kuba, Thank you for the help with the NVG thing.  I didn't think it would start a whole epidemic!  I did the same thing to the Binoculars and am going to attempt the compass next.  Thanks again for the help.

And thanks to Pappy for the whole Super Config!  Everything Rocks!  The explosions are out of this world. It's like a whole new game.

well it did start one tounge_o.gif

you pointed out better nvg's so i put them in. discoverin he had a kick ass compass too. so i used it.

you said you were gonna try it with the binocs? mind showin me what they look like? because i really would like to see the 'new' model. if its anygood ill put it in smile_o.gif

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/bratty/PB/images/restank.jpg

thanks to benus and his information seeking. i have been able to not only crew the resistance tanks with resistance crew. but change the models all together

update will be released later tonight after i do a lil more testing

Uhm.. the tank on the left is a T-90 if I'm not mistaken? smile_o.gif

Kuba, Thank you for the help with the NVG thing.  I didn't think it would start a whole epidemic!  I did the same thing to the Binoculars and am going to attempt the compass next.  Thanks again for the help.

And thanks to Pappy for the whole Super Config!  Everything Rocks!  The explosions are out of this world. It's like a whole new game.

well it did start one  tounge_o.gif

you pointed out better nvg's so i put them in. discoverin he had a kick ass compass too. so i used it.

you said you were gonna try it with the binocs? mind showin me what they look like? because i really would like to see the 'new' model. if its anygood ill put it in smile_o.gif

I already did it to the Binocs,  the only thing that I noticed that is different is the target view; and I'm sure you noticed that in the Wargames file there are three that you can choose from.  I'm just getting ready to change the compass to the one they have after I post this thread.  Thanks again!