Sign in to follow this  
Wonderboy

Sa80 a2

ok, i'm putting up the model maps for anyone who fancies a crack at creating the textures. if you have any questions, just ask.

Tex1.jpg

Tex2.jpg

Tex3.jpg

Tex4.jpg

I think the Project UKF guys are gonna beat you to it with a good SA80.

not overly constructive...

and the more the merrier... we like friendly competition and its nice to see some choice out there

great job.

just for future reference, please check if file size of the image you are linking is over 102400 bytes or not.

Looking very nice, hope you don't make too many polys since you can imitate some things with good textures (if you find someone to make them smile_o.gif )

sorry for going offtopic but that's itching me: Ralphie what happened to your job in Florida? Why are you moderator again? wow_o.gifwink_o.giftounge_o.gif

i think its called april fools... and you are one of them tounge_o.gif

i was let go after they found out that i've been eating company pastes.

now get back on topic. wink_o.gif

i think its called april fools... and you are one of them tounge_o.gif

(Sorry Ralphie) Haha no I'm not remembering the thread about it I just wanted to get everybody back in mind how bad the joke was tounge_o.gif

Back to topic ... When is this weapon gonna be released? Somebody get a texture artist

.. haha .. goto Barracks, click "buy texture artist" biggrin_o.gif

j/k

great job.

just for future reference, please check if file size of the image you are linking is over 102400 bytes or not.

ah, sorry about that, i thought i had kept it under, guess the fairies' got em at some point.

as for when they're coming out, the best i can do is 'when they're ready'. i'm continuing to develop the model itself, seeing as i've just finished the ironsight model and moving onto the LSW. the UGL and then the carbine's will probably follow, and then a couple of nightsights/extras when i can find the time. oh and the standard 0.000 Res LOD has about 2050 faces, so its detailed, but it shouldn't wreck anyone's machine with proper LODs(which i'm spending a lot of time on trying to get perfect).

i've had a couple of requests about the textures, so hopefully somebody will be able to help me out.

Ps: looking forward to the PUKF release, its about time we had some decent UK units smile_o.gif

sounding good... im particularly interested in seeing the carbine version...

as for decent UK troops, blackblood's dessie ones are very good...

here is my first bit that i did it is not finished yet.... sad_o.gif

saeightynewJ.jpg

I drew them from strach and please anyone with some high qaulity pics and SA-80 can you please gimme some links cuz i need some.

i've got an absolute shitload of reference pics, i'll try and grab you on messenger and port them over.

he SASR, don't think your work looks bad because it's handmade, that texture looks really good. Good hand-made textures are always better than bad photo-textures. Keep it up!!

Nah i dont like using photos because when i have tried they have come out streched looking. I want the better pics so i can put more detail into it because i was only working of small pics that didnt show much sad_o.gif . any help apprechiated wink_o.gif

SASR

Thats some awesome model work, man. Good work.

Post the progress of the textures on here for us all to see please. smile_o.gif

Thanks All!! wink_o.gif

Work is now proceding on the textures but do not expect them real soon because i have just begun school again.

Cheers SASR