Sign in to follow this  
C4P741N

Winter usmc

Very nice!  smile_o.gif

Will you release them together with your great Force Recons? And the RNI Units of course  tounge_o.gif

Btw: Do you have any picture of the retextured RNI? Never saw one here. That would be sweet!

Mfg MEDICUS

I wasn't aware that the Force Recon units required re-releasing, unless you missed the Urban update due to excessive spam in the FRecon thread rock.gif

Sorry no pics of the RNI yet, real life has a way of messing with plans crazy_o.gif

I wasn't aware that the Force Recon units required re-releasing, unless you missed the Urban update due to excessive spam in the FRecon thread  rock.gif

No, i realised that. It was more than "release them all together in one pack". Sorry for that missunderstanding  sad_o.gif

It's just that i think that much more people will use and play with this nice units, if you can download them all together ... and it's much easyer for missionmakers to use them,too. (you can say dl this pack and that's it instead of dl this and this and this).

Mfg MEDICUS

Just a question who do the US military use when it comes to Winter Combat, i know the UK would use RM Commandos, just wondering whatthe US equiv would be.

the US military actual has the 172nd Infantry brigade sperate wich is mainly a winter unit but any US infatry unit will do winter combat. as for the marines i am not sure if they ahve a unit that is mainly winter but most likely they would jsut deploy what ever unit is aviable.. and give them winter gear.

just like any other kinda of combat be it desert or woodland.

Urban update? Can someone explain?

Camo on weapons possible? I swear there are snow camo ones smile_o.gif

I think the black needs to be removed.

the idea of marpat is taking colours from the surroundings and using pixelated paterns to merge in with smaller objects behind the soldier.

Since when is Black a feature of a snow environment?

I like INQ's ones, theyre grey with no black.

-ZiRo

there is NO snow MARPAT..

only overwhites.

wich are completely white

hell there is no real urban MARPAT either..

it is only in testing

Yeah, but it will never reach service. There are no plans for snow camo, overwhites and woodlands are used normally.

Call me old fashioned, but I miss the old woodland camo's for both the Marines and Force Recon. I'm still not quite used to the MARPAT camo.

@rufusmac

The original Marine Assault Pack came with 4 urban Force Recon units. The Urban update is 10 urban camo'd units I made to go with the woodland/desert/winter Force recon I made a few days earlier, someone requested it so here it is.

@Dwarden

I have no plans to alter the weapons that came with the M.A.P

@Ziro/calm_terror

I've already said the Winter USMC will be updated to remove the camo and replace with overwhites.

Captain

thanks buddy good work, i think it was me that requested the extra urban units wink_o.gif

Is it really so important if there are "wintercamo" USMC or Urban SF or desert or whatever?  rock.gif

OFP is still a game and this units look really really great. And as far as it's fun to play with them i really don't care what the R/L-Units are wearing or not. That's my oppinion.

Mfg MEDICUS

Medicus, well most people do actually like to play with authentic looking units.

So they can actually pretend they are part of a recon team, tabing across nogojev to find enemy camps in the forests, only to have a trigger tell them they won at the end.

I can imagine people sitting at their computers doing hand signs to the ai just to add that little bit more authententicity.

-ZiRo

Medicus, well most people do actually like to play with authentic looking units.

So they can actually pretend they are part of a recon team, tabing across nogojev to find enemy camps in the forests, only to have a trigger tell them they won at the end.

I can imagine people sitting at their computers doing hand signs to the ai just to add that little bit more authententicity.

-ZiRo

Hmm, ok. I see that point. (not that with the handsignals ... but the rest  wink_o.gif ).

But as i just said. It's not important for me. Perhaps i've to say that i won't even know if this unit is authentic or not, cause i don't know as much about that things.

Didn't want to "cheat" on someone (sorry, i've no idea how to say that in english   sad_o.gif )

Mfg MEDICUS

I got so excited when i saw the title of reskinned USMC for the snow, but when I looked at the pics, I saw B&W versions of the normal one. I just wish someone would make a winter soldier like the one in Americas Army Operations. You obviously know what ur doing to do this addon, so i reccomend ur next project be white parkas and stuff such as that

These are coming to replace the originals... wink_o.gif

umm1.jpg

UNFINISHED!

Captain

I got so excited when i saw the title of reskinned USMC for the snow, but when I looked at the pics, I saw B&W versions of the normal one.  I just wish someone would make a winter soldier like the one in Americas Army Operations.  You obviously know what ur doing to do this addon, so i reccomend ur next project be white parkas and stuff such as that

they are not white parkas those are actual jsut normal woodland parkas with a shell that is called overwhites. same with the pants..

Calm, I am in C.A.P. and do a lot of work with the 10th Mountain Div. in Ft. Drum. They use those outer shells as basic issue, but figureing the 10th mountain is based around alpine and snow fighting, they must have better gear or something. They have thick white parkas with a hood and fir insulator in it. For their pants they wear a snowmobile type suspenders that are a gortex, fir insulated combo. They also wear special boots, which are sometimes yellow...Dont ask me why. I would grab some pictures of em next time i go up, but summers almost here and i dont think they'll be wearing any winter whites soon...

Sorry for bringing this old topic back to live, but i didn't want to open a new one. pray.gif

Are there any updates available?

Wasn't there also a RNI winter version planned? Or has this project been stoped?

MfG MEDCIUS

Is there a mirror for the winter?

I try and try to d'load.

But the site comes up not found.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

"OFF the WALL Team"

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

Thanks man!

It worked!

I love this community.

MOST! everyone is helpful.

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper