Sign in to follow this  
C4P741N

Winter usmc

With Suchey's permission I am releasing the Winter USMC troops I have made. These are new units listed in the editor under WEST->USMCMARPAT->(W) USMC xxxxxxxx.

Pics...

Winterusmc

winterusmc1

Download...

here 5.5mb

file is on an australian server, unsure if this is good or bad crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]file is on an australian server, unsure if this is good or bad

Over 6kb/sec for a 56k'er in England is fucking great tounge_o.gif

They look great, hopefully I can talk my squad leader into uploading them to the server sometime soon wink_o.gif

Very nice smile_o.gif . Of course, they need some Winter RNI to fight against wink_o.gif ...

Looks like they have Urban camo.

Anyway....I like them!

Yeah me too.. I think they look well done.. smile_o.gif

One question.

Do we have a decent winter armour, airbourne, islands, support, other units (west, east, resistance, SF)?

If not that will be difficult to use it.

But keep it up and going. wink_o.gif

When was that?

Is there any comparison to HYK_USsol or USCM?

That is urban MARPAT....funny how 'urban' camo works better in a snowy forest than a downtown intersection. I really dont understand the whole urban camo thing myself, MOUT is all about cover and concealment. Camo might help a bit, but it's really not a deciding factor like it is in the desert or jungle or some such.

EDIT: @InQUisiToR: OMG that is beautiful!

@ C4P741N:

Very nice units! I love winter-units and this one looks really sweet! Would be nice to add the "Russian Naval Troops" with wintercamo, too  smile_o.gif

@InQUisiToR:

you are right, it looks better with the "normal" equipment-camo and only the uniforms in winter-camo.

But anyway, great work at all! THX!  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

really very nice units but link dont work for me....

ahh please make the russians too please smile_o.gif

i have a suggestion, dont make it marpat. Just belnd it all togther to give it an overall white look then it will be perfect. If there is any way to get rid of the knee pads do it. Snow uniforms are usually flat white. Anyways good work, they go quite nice with my snow skimask pack ( wink wink) biggrin_o.gif anyways good work.

Very nice work and thanks for the release.

But.....is it the correct marine snow camo or isnt it?

I wouldnt know but it would appear from the other comments that its urban camo. Well, if it is urban camo then its no loss--we now have great urban MAP units smile_o.gif

Can anyone clear this up, pics of real marine units in real snow camo? Snow units are my FAV!

Thanks heaps for this MAP unit update, great work!

Zay

These units are marines, which I suppose use the new experimental "Urban-T" camouflage for urban missions. And as there (as of what I know) do not exist any winter MARPAT issued by the marines, I'd give the Urban City Camo a go as it really fits well to winter environment! biggrin_o.gif

excellent work C4P741N. For me there aren't enough good quality troops with snow camo. so thanks for updating these.

Cheers, Buggs  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for clearing that up mate smile_o.gif

Out of curiosity--when did marines last see action in snow conditions? wow_o.gif

Just wondering

As far as I know, no plans to introduce Urban MARPAT have been publicized. The last conflict the USMC saw snow in was Korea?

Another little side project for you, lighten the regular MARPAT!!! I see it daily, and the woodlands not being the correct pattern bugs me.

well if you mean action as in war the anwser is korea. How ever there are marine units all around the world, even in snowy places. The uniforms they usually use in the snow are heavy white overcoats and over pants. I think**** the pants go ver the regular bdus (no webbing though) and are held with suspenders. While the large overcoat goes over the top with old style LBE's as the webbing (LBVs are almost form fitting and arent to good with many multiple layers.

* I still cant dload these buggers*

Thanks for the replies, this is my second attempt at modding. I will try and answer questions and comments in the order they came.

@colossus

Quote[/b] ]Looks like they have Urban camo.

The camo is simply the default woodland and Force Recon, recoloured and brighter.

@m21man

Quote[/b] ]Of course, they need some Winter RNI to fight against

I'm workin on it  tounge_o.gif

@Inq

Quote[/b] ]i think it looks better if only the uniforms have new camo

I've already done this but haven't done blood textures yet, if people prefer it I will finish it. although it looks like you've done as much as I have.

@Sgt. Stryker

Quote[/b] ]They go quite nice with my snow skimask pack

faces2.jpg

I know  tounge_o.gif

can you still not d/load them? perhaps someone could provide a mirror.

@all regarding camo

see response to colossus

Captain

Mackan is uploading the file to our OFP.info server, right now. I will put a link to it in a few minutes. smile_o.gif

I just sent your site an email about this and the facepack I put together.

Facepack with 14 faces by Liquid_snake and Sgt. Stryker. Thanks for the mirror.

Captain