Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

A little (bad) update:

I said before that I had hoped to get a new version of EECP out the door immediately after the next ECP release. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. About two weeks ago, the power supply in my main system blew. I've been waiting for a replacement ever since (which should come any day now,) but in the meantime I've been stuck on a system that I usually use for light serving duty that really doesn't have a prayer of running OFP (or anything, really.) tounge2.gif

So I've lost about two weeks of development and testing time. Dreamline has carried on for me while I've been out of it, but there is still a lot that needs to be done. I had hoped to be pretty much in a testing phase at this point, but that isn't the case.

While I'm not making any promises, I'm going to try to shoot for a release 2 - 3 weeks after the ECP release.

Is ECP actually coming out?

Ive just about given up one it.

Theres been no word on its release for sometime now.

Oh well more time for you to sort out EECP i guess.

Is ECP actually coming out?

Ive just about given up one it.

Theres been no word on its release for sometime now.

Yes. In fact, a release date has been set for it...

But I'm not at liberty to say what it is. tounge2.gif

My PSU came today. Everything is fine, so work will resume this weekend. I'll do my best to get things into testing ASAP.

Couple of things - are u going to make a self installer - not sure if you are or not - would be good to have a mod folder for this etc- pre packaged so people who dont know what they are doing can install in one click. Alot of users have no idea what they are doing

took me ages to figure the in and outs of the mods myself im on reading on the forums all the time.

Also any news on ECP actually coming out.

Basically its July - September will be here soon.

Wasnt armed assault due October or something?

If they leave it any later most will prob using armed assault.

Speaking of which I wonder if ECP will be compatable with the new FP version / variant.

That will be interesting - I wonder if any one from the tea, has been advsied of anything like that?

ALso are you going to throw in the sea rescue package like Y2k3 has implemented or is that in ECP?

Cheers

Couple of things - are u going to make a self installer
Yes.
Quote[/b] ]Also any news on ECP actually coming out.
It's very, very, very, very, very close at hand. I can't say any more than that or else I might be killed by angry coders.
Quote[/b] ]That will be interesting - I wonder if any one from the tea, has been advsied of anything like that?
Not to my knowledge. Suma has said that AA will be as compatabile with OFP content as possible, though.
Quote[/b] ]ALso are you going to throw in the sea rescue package like Y2k3 has implemented or is that in ECP?
No plans to.

And since this was bumped..

Have a small preview.

sp01.jpg

sp02.jpg

Many thanks for the update Kurayami

Gives us hope the mod is still going to come out lol

Many thanks for the update Kurayami

Gives us hope the mod is still going to come out lol

Yeah, I've done a lot of work over the past two weeks... Pulled a few very long nights. But I'm almost done. tounge2.gif

I had intended to release an update a long, long time ago. My notes say that I had pretty much wrapped up 0.50 back on 01/20. Lots of things have kept me delayed, but it will be much better when it comes out because of it. Any updates it needs should be pretty small from here on out.

Expect to see some new updates very soon with some more details.

Top work Kurayami, When this and the ECP come out it will be amazing.

Tim

Alternate link for the Combat Misc 1.1 mod, the included link didnt work for me:

http://www.gotf.net/downloads.asp?id=60

Also:

1.You may want to edit the 1st page of the thread to mention installing the new jam addon from jam2, and not the one that comes with the BAS helicopters file.

2.Is there an alternate tracer thing? When I turn the "rifle tracers on" under dfficulty, all the small arms weapons shoot laser beam yellow tracers. When I turn the "rifle tracers off", everyone shoots laser beam red tracers. Any fix for this?

Alternate link for the Combat Misc 1.1 mod, the included link didnt work for me:

http://www.gotf.net/downloads.asp?id=60

Also:

1.You may want to edit the 1st page of the thread to mention installing the new jam addon from jam2, and not the one that comes with the BAS helicopters file.

Fixed on both counts.

I swore I had the JAM thing mentioned...

Quote[/b] ]2.Is there an alternate tracer thing? When I turn the "rifle tracers on" under dfficulty, all the small arms weapons shoot laser beam yellow tracers. When I turn the "rifle tracers off", everyone shoots laser beam red tracers. Any fix for this?
This really shouldn't be happening... I've never run across it, anyway. If you disable rifle tracers, you shouldn't get any.

NATO weapons are supposed to have red tracers

Russian weapons are supposed to have yellow/green tracers.

If you can hang on for just a bit, you won't have to worry about this at all...

The next EECP incorporates bn880's tracers. They not only look better, but they can be set realistically (as in every X rounds is a tracer as opposed to EVERY round being a tracer like it is by default.)

Will the next version include a complete installer, so I don't have to install all that sperarte stuff? That'd be much better smile_o.gif!

Quote[/b] ]If you can hang on for just a bit, you won't have to worry about this at all...

The next EECP incorporates bn880's tracers. They not only look better, but they can be set realistically (as in every X rounds is a tracer as opposed to EVERY round being a tracer like it is by default.)

Is this the new version that will use the new ECP thats supposed to be coming out?

Will the next version include a complete installer, so I don't have to install all that sperarte stuff? That'd be much better smile_o.gif!

If all goes according to plan, yes.

Is this the new version that will use the new ECP thats supposed to be coming out?

Yes.

Hey Kurayami, nice to read about the progress of ECP and EECP.

I have a request for you, I really hope you can get this to work and I plus the community that I am in whould be really really really happy if you could pull this off..

CSLA, it's a great mod! The guys did a hell of a great job on the units etc. I am in love with them smile_o.gif

The problem is they released their addons as a mod, with a config which includes the vehicles, afaik no config's are included in the addons themselves sad_o.gif(

Well, since I love ECP and EECP, the best combinations of everything IMHO. It whould be really, really, really great, if you could build up a few extra config's next to the normal config and DR config, (like ECP+CSLA and ECP+CSLA+DR), so we can use ECP/EECP but also still the CSLA units (not the effects ofcoarse, just the ECP effects!wink_o.gif. I don't know if this has anything to do with copyright from CSLA etc. And if it is possible and fits in your scheme.

I for one whould be really happy to enjoy such configurations and whould be deeply gratefull if you could pull such a thing off...

Yes, Maa has nicely given me permission to make use of CSLA units. I've been working stuff from the update in to the next EECP version.

But doing a full merging of CSLA and ECP... I think it would be an interesting idea, but it's probably something that ECP and CSLA should agree upon as a whole.

I also wouldn't be the one to do it. I have way too much work to do with EECP alone (I've actually had to kill off all other projects because of it... I was working on a campaign, I have Il-2 textures in the works, I have unfinished Morrowind mods and so on and so forth. It just eats up a lot of time.) I don't think I've gone to bed before 3 AM in a week. tounge2.gif