Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Quote[/b] ]0.4.2 is finished as of this morning. It will be released as soon as it's up at ofp.info.

Nice to hear that biggrin_o.gif

Good Job. Hope you get a rest before 0.5..

0.4.3 is already in the works and has been since Saturday. tounge_o.gif

That will tie up a few loose ends. Then I'll take my break.

Good Job. Hope you get a rest before 0.5..

0.4.3 is already in the works and has been since Saturday. tounge_o.gif

That will tie up a few loose ends. Then I'll take my break.

Geez. What'll 4.3 have in store for us? And, Ignore the Squatters who think you owe them BRAND NEW additions and crap. Judging by your posting, I'd say your getting pretty fed up.

Geez. What'll 4.3 have in store for us?

Currently planned:

Updating the Combat Mod units to their current release (I opted to leave this out of 0.4.2 since it would have tacked another few days of testing on and I wanted to get the bugfixes out ASAP.)

Readding Marfy's M925

Adding the Combat Mod's HEMMTs (I haven't actually asked yet since I haven't gotten to this point, but I'm sure they'll have no problem when I do. The CBT guys have been great.)

Replacing the Urals

Rebalancing a few things (the helicopter armor values need some serious adjustments, for example)

Possibly adding and updating some scripts and eventhandler stuff - it depends on how long things take. I'd like this to be another "quick" release.

Quote[/b] ]Judging by your posting, I'd say your getting pretty fed up.
Not really fed up. I sometimes get tired of answering the same few questions over and over again. Especially when I went to the trouble of making a giant readme. tounge_o.gif

Sorry for the delay, but I wanted to thoroughly test the changes this time around to ensure that we didn't have a repeat of last time. All 0.4.1 bugs should be stomped.

042S.jpg

Download.

Quote[/b] ]v0.4.2 [07/19/04]

Bug Fixes

* Second accuracy definition in M113Ambul class removed

* EventHandler bugs with M163 and M2 corrected

* Debug popup removed from EECP smoke scripts - scripts will now exit immediately if criteria are not met

* M113 init script will no longer generate errors in multi-player

Model Changes

* Laser Designator : BAS AN/PEQ-1

* Black Op (Laser) : BAS Delta Sniper

Gameplay Changes

* None

Realism Changes

* Vulcan renamed M163, armed with M168

Miscellaneous

* None

There are no new requirements for this version, but see either the readme or the first post of this thread for install and troubleshooting instructions.

Maruk was nice enough to take the initiative to contact me and provide me with what I needed in order to make the changes to the laser designator that people have been requesting for a while. That, people, is the reason why BIS is so great. The only other developer that I can think of that takes such an active interest in the communities created by their games is Oleg Maddox.

A final note: Do not use the updated versions of the Combat M2 and M113 packs with this version. Several things still need to be updated to ensure that they work correctly. Yet another update is forthcoming in the near future to address this as well as several other things. Normally I'd postpone the release for this, but I wanted to get the bug fixes out to the public ASAP this time around.

A final note: Do not use the updated versions of the Combat M2 and M113 packs with this version. Several things still need to be updated to ensure that they work correctly. Yet another update is forthcoming in the near future to address this as well as several other things. Normally I'd postpone the release for this, but I wanted to get the bug fixes out to the public ASAP this time around.

I'll have to wait then for the next EECP release. sad_o.gif

Yes, thanks for forging on. This has been a nicely tweaked config. Can't play without it.

smile_o.gif

Scrub

No problem. tounge_o.gif

Question:

Would anybody be willing to translate my readme into their native language so that people who don't know English can also install and use EECP? The release notes are translated when posted on the various language sections of ofp.info, but the readme is not, so anybody that picks it up from there and doesn't know English is out of luck if they run into install problems.

I'll need Czech, Polish, German, French, Spanish, and Swedish to cover all of the ofp.info sections. If anybody is interested, feel free to drop me a PM.

Will you update this thing after the new ECP core is released?

BTW I must say (again) awsome job dude.

This was bikecop272 and I approved this message.

Yes. 0.5 will be the revision marking the inclusion of the new ECP core.

Hey K - i just want to say a big thanks to you for this and all the testers out there.

Cheers

GAZ

Yes. 0.5 will be the revision marking the inclusion of the new ECP core.

And the new core comes out... when? rock.gif

Just curious

Cap.

And the new core comes out... when? rock.gif

Just curious

Cap.

No clue. I'm as in the dark as you guys about that. I'm just going by zayfod's comments about it being "soon."

Once it's out, I'll do what I can to get everything situated as quickly as possible.

Little update:

It looks like we have volunteers to translate things into Swedish, French, and possibly German at this point.

Still need Spanish, Czech, and Polish. Might as well throw in Russian as well since there is a pretty large Russian OFP community.

The entire readme wouldn't need to be translated. All that will be required is the general set of features listed in the first post, the install instructions, credits, and troubleshooting part. The change log can be left out since it has grown to be the largest part of the readme and is mostly of interest only to people that want to know what has been fiddled with.

Any chance of using the new LSR Delta Force instead of BAS Deltas for the Black Ops? It just seems like they fit the black op role moreso than the BAS Deltas.

Any chance of using the new LSR Delta Force instead of BAS Deltas for the Black Ops?  It just seems like they fit the black op role moreso than the BAS Deltas.

One thing you have to be careful about are LSR's unit strengths. I believe they can take more lead than even BAS' units. So you might be tilting gameplay severely when such units are used.

cant he just replace their model, and keep the majority of the Black Op config in place? Im not config guru, but I think that with the config thingy you dont keep the addons values.

Some clarification Kurayami? Avons got me spending hours testing all the values now crazy_o.gif

Any chance of using the new LSR Delta Force instead of BAS Deltas for the Black Ops? It just seems like they fit the black op role moreso than the BAS Deltas.

Currently not planning on it.

cant he just replace their model, and keep the majority of the Black Op config in place? Im not config guru, but I think that with the config thingy you dont keep the addons values.

Some clarification Kurayami? Avons got me spending hours testing all the values now crazy_o.gif

Yes. If you just want to change a model, you (generally) need to only alter the model path of the class in question. You could easily use Laser's models with BAS' config or vice-versa.

Hi kurayami

First I wanna to tell you thanks for this great job

but I always have suggestions

-For résistance : you've forgotten to put résistance crew because actually résistance tanks are droven by russian crews

-Always for résistance : I think that it'll be a good idea if you replace soldiers by edge's ones(replace résistance ak bye Inq one)

-you can replace russian machine gun (pk) by vit one , it look like more better

sorry for my bad english

have a nice holidays

the wolf

from Morocco

-For résistance : you've forgotten to put résistance crew because actually résistance tanks are droven by russian crews

Good find. I've never noticed this because the only Resistance armor that I ever seem to use is the T-54, and that uses the Resistance crew. I guess that's how it is with most other people as well since this has never been reported.

This will be fixed in 0.4.3.

Quote[/b] ]-Always for résistance : I think that it'll be a good idea if you replace soldiers by edge's ones(replace résistance ak bye Inq one)

I'm waiting on several things before I do anything to the Resistance soldiers. Rest assured that eventually they'll be taken care of.

Quote[/b] ]-you can replace russian machine gun (pk) by vit one , it look like more better

I'm waiting for RHS' weapon pack before I do anything with this (the SVD and various other things will be replaced by RHS weapons as well.) The Vit one is indeed nice, but it doesn't justify the download of the whole pack in my mind.

Hi Kurayami,

I was wondering if you could release an editable config.cpp of the latest EECP version. Just want to fool around with it a bit changing some minor things for personel use of course tounge_o.gif

THX

Any chance seeing the new russian motorized infantry to replace the naval infantry?

They are pretty good quality and you could use the weapons in the Marine Assault pack with these guys.