Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Hi kurayami,

nice work on the update. At first I couldn`t believe those cobra and apache choppers were still standard bis-units watching them ingame. Amazing. wow_o.gif

Handguns also sound much better now.

There is one small issue I encountered. Sometimes, not always, I get the missing addon c8xmag error then I start a mission. Mission itself`s playable, no probs ingame. Weird  crazy_o.gif

Anyhow, great work

Cheers

"cannot load mission, missing addons: c8x_magazines"

even when I make a copy of c8xmag and rename it c8x_magazines, I still get the above error sometimes.

The original BIS Blackhawk is armed with FFARs. The default BAS UH-60L only has an M60 MG.

Maybe the BAS AH-60L DAP should be the EECP's game default? Better more than less?

I'm not planning to do this simply because the DAP is in use in such small numbers, and when it is used, it is never used to ferry soldiers around.

I thought about the consequences of the change, but there's only one 1985 mission where you actually have to shoot anything while in the UH-60, and you don't actually have to destroy it in order to complete the mission.

Modify the settings in there instead, and when you run OpFlash don't touch the in game ECP menu. As long as you do that your saves wont corrupt.

Are you talking about quicksaves while playing, or loading savegames from a previous session?

I've never had any problem when loading quicksaves, but the ECP problem does rear its head whenever loading a save from a previous session.

Some glitches. I started up EECP and went to replay the Retaliation Campaign's mission "Black Hawk" (07_airport). First of all, the text dialog in English did not show on screen during the first part of the intro, where Guba is addressing the troops.

I experienced that several times in Retaliation before I even started working on EECP. I have no idea what causes it. Replaying the mission usually solved it.

Quote[/b] ]Next, and I've seen this bug before, when the "Black Hawk" mission's intro cuts over to the Americans preparing to board the Blackhawks, the game comes to an impossibly slow crawl. Looking in file Flashpoint.rpt, I'm getting a lot of entries like this:

I think that this goes far beyond the scope of my config. It sounds like you're paging like crazy, and believe me, I've experienced that. I believe that OFP has a memory leak, but I am not sure under what circumstances it starts. I used to experience this a lot on one of my systems around the time of 1.90/1.91, but oddly, never prior to that. I'd be playing and suddenly, out of the blue, things would slow to a crawl, so I'd glance down to see the harddrive grinding away as the system desperately paged. Checking the memory usage of FLASPOINTRESISTANCE.exe usually showed it to be chewing through 500MB and climbing in these situations, so I'd have no choice but to kill the process. It seemed to happen at complete random aside from one instance: The BAS Delta demo mission at the Nogova airport. No matter what, the leak would start on that mission. I was never able to determine why.

I have not experienced this since 1.92, though, so I dunno...

To anybody getting this error:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">cannot load mission, missing addons: c8x_magazines

I don't really know what to tell you. The only reference to c8xmag in my config is for sounds. Again, I think that this goes beyond the scope of anything that I can fix. I suspect that c8xmag suffers from the same problem as CBT_Misc. The game is clearly reading the config in c8xmag.pbo, because c8x_magazines is only defined in CfgPatches of that file.

If anybody has any idea about what could cause this, please share. It does look to me it that it can be chalked up as a Flashpoint quirk.

Another bug: when playing the original Ground Attack II SP mission, getting message:

missing addon: bas_repairh

Mission's cutscene doesn't play. Get same message in mission but the mission is playable.

Famous old BAS bug? rock.gif

fixed version of this addon, it doesnt add or remove anything, it was just a missing BIS AH-64 dependency : http://chupacabra.no.sapo.pt/bas_repair.pbo

Quote[/b] ]I don't really know what to tell you. The only reference to c8xmag in my config is for sounds. Again, I think that this goes beyond the scope of anything that I can fix. I suspect that c8xmag suffers from the same problem as CBT_Misc. The game is clearly reading the config in c8xmag.pbo, because c8x_magazines is only defined in CfgPatches of that file.

If anybody has any idea about what could cause this, please share. It does look to me it that it can be chalked up as a Flashpoint quirk.

I put "CBT_misc" and "c8x_magazines" (CBT,SOAR and RHS crews too) into class PreloadAddons at the end of config. It solved problem for me.

su27

mod is really nice too bad you can't use it to play campaigns - corrupted save missions and "cannot load addon" popping messages that prevent you from seeing cut scenes in some missions...

To fix the missing addon "cx8_magazines" error:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EECP_Ext

{

list[]={

"C8X_russ", "C8X_usmc", "cx8mag", "SUCHrus", "SUCHusmc",

"CBT_Brad", "CBT_Brad_Scripts", "CBT_Crew", "CBT_Misc",

"clsa_air", "csla_arm",

"RHS_T55Pack_Scripts", "RHS_Crew"

};

};

Change "c8xmag" to "C8X_magazines" and the problem should be solved. So it should look like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class EECP_Ext

{

list[]={

"C8X_russ", "C8X_usmc", "C8X_magazines", "SUCHrus", "SUCHusmc",

"clsa_air", "csla_arm",

};

};

Thanks for the tip maddmatt,

solution seems to work. No error msg any more smile_o.gif

Greets

mod is really nice too bad you can't use it to play campaigns - corrupted save missions and "cannot load addon" popping messages that prevent you from seeing cut scenes in some missions...

I've been using ECP since it came out, and I have played through virtually every available campaign with it. Occasionally you have to restart a mission if you could not finish it in one sitting. It's not a big deal. Quick saves work fine, which is really all that matters.

As for missing addon errors, neither myself nor my five testers have experienced them, so I can't imagine that it's a debilitating problem that prevents anybody from doing anything.

erhhh..plz help me.... i get a error "DX8 required" when i try to start ECP... rock.gif

Whenever I start the original campaign the cutscenes work okay but when I have to run to the truck the game crashes on me. I think it has something to do with how I can't install the ECP Mod Dynamic Range Sound Pack because whenever I try to install it I get the message "Unable to find ECP Folder in installation directory. Has ECP been installed?"

Yes it has, I have however moved my OFP Folder from one hard drive to another which is prolly why they can't find it, however I can't change the installation path. Anyone know what to do?

erhhh..plz help me.... i get a error "DX8 required" when i try to start ECP... rock.gif

What graphics card do you have ?

class EECP_Ext

{

list[]={

"clsa_air", "csla_arm",

};

};

Change "c8xmag" to "C8X_magazines" and the problem should be solved. So it should look like this:

class EECP_Ext

{

list[]={

"clsa_air", "csla_arm",

};

};

What file did you make this edit to?

MadMatt Can you please send the file with this fix - c8x mag to me via my e-mail or post it up here.

Cheers

Can someone send me the files for the sound pack because the installer isn't working and it sucks playing EECP with jeeps, trucks, helos and grenades making no noise.

Maybe you should install DirectX 8...?

Just kidding. Here, try this:

Add -nomap to the command line in the short cut, ie:

"c:\...\flashpointresistance.exe" -nomap -mod=...

class EECP_Ext

{

list[]={

"clsa_air", "csla_arm",

};

};

class EECP_Ext

{

list[]={

"clsa_air", "csla_arm",

};

};

What file did you make this edit to?

Obviously the \EECP\Bin\config.bin file, converted to a config.cpp file.

Which BIN>Cpp utility can be safely used to unpack config.bin and fix this? I'm always hesitant about the accuracy of these utilities from past experiences.

Also, Kurayami, may I suggest you update the thread's first post with config corrections when they become reported, like the cx8magazines fix.

Quote[/b] ]Next, and I've seen this bug before, when the "Black Hawk" mission's intro cuts over to the Americans preparing to board the Blackhawks, the game comes to an impossibly slow crawl. Looking in file Flashpoint.rpt, I'm getting a lot of entries like this:

I think that this goes far beyond the scope of my config. It sounds like you're paging like crazy, and believe me, I've experienced that. I believe that OFP has a memory leak, but I am not sure under what circumstances it starts. I used to experience this a lot on one of my systems around the time of 1.90/1.91, but oddly, never prior to that. I'd be playing and suddenly, out of the blue, things would slow to a crawl, so I'd glance down to see the harddrive grinding away as the system desperately paged. Checking the memory usage of FLASPOINTRESISTANCE.exe usually showed it to be chewing through 500MB and climbing in these situations, so I'd have no choice but to kill the process. It seemed to happen at complete random aside from one instance: The BAS Delta demo mission at the Nogova airport. No matter what, the leak would start on that mission. I was never able to determine why.

I have not experienced this since 1.92, though, so I dunno...

I can reproduce this error every time with either the GRR Explosions+Dynamic Range mods or now with EECP.

The connection between them is obviously the sound mods, either in GMR and ECP on their own or when Dynamic Range is incorporated into them.

I cannot reproduce this bug with OFP and no mods.

Obviously, it's not an EECP bug. It's something in either ECP or in its DR element, that should be investigated by whoever is maintaining them. Is anyone maintaining them, BTW? rock.gif

Obviously, it's not an EECP bug. It's something in either ECP or in its DR element, that should be investigated by whoever is maintaining them. Is anyone maintaining them, BTW? rock.gif

Zayfod has promised "The New and Completely ReWritten version of ECP" is coming soon.

I'm hoping that it will fix many of the annoying but not so terribly devastating errata in ECP. One of the more relevant bugs with ECP (I believe) is it's inability to handle cubic buttloads of units/vehicles/scripts in a mission. Once you go past a certain ambiguous amount, the game just CTD's upon death.

I, for one, am waiting with baited breath for new and snazzy goodies in the "New and Improved" ECP forthcoming. I believe that Kurayami has also stated that this will likely be the last version of EECP based upon the 1.071 core of ECP due to the inherent elbow grease involved with retooling.

Hope this helps. Kurayami, please feel free to correct if I've misstated.

.:iX

Hi Kurayami,

I was wondering if in any future update you might implement some custum animation for some basic postures like safe, aware, while shooting etc. Just asking because the standard bis animation look kind of weird. Can`t image a real soldier holding his weapon the way they do in Ofp.

Greets

ok ok.....after i had reinstalled OFP Resistance and ECP 2 times it finally works wink_o.gifrock.gif .....btw i got Radeon 9800 XT 256mb smile_o.gif

hmmm a bug..... if you reload a Morta on the M16 it changes model to the old rifle.... looks really odd wink_o.gif