Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

project long dead, rip

Edited by Taconic

crazy_o.gif

Well i guess this is what everyones been wanting, funny how this managed to be released just after my own small config modification was created. Just in the nick of time i guess... oh well if you cant beat em. sad_o.gif

Hmm. I hadn't seen yours. That is kind of weird. I just started seriously cleaning up my config for potential release at the end of last week since I hadn't seen anybody else do one yet, and lo and behold, now there's another.

I just checked your thread and saw that it was an '85 config that wasn't ECP compatible. I think that's a good thing. Not everybody wants to use ECP. Variety never hurt anybody. In my opinion, the more configs available, the better.

crazy_o.gif

Well i guess this is what everyones been wanting, funny how this managed to be released just after my own small config modification was created. Just in the nick of time i guess... oh well if you cant beat em. sad_o.gif

sounds perfect but. . . id like to see a version of this use the INQ weapons with the USMC sights instead. perhaps u can incorperate this version for us? smile_o.gif other then that i belive this might be a nice lil change

have you thought about adding more stuff to this to completely replace all of the original units?

The choppers and others would be nice updated, replaced, perhaps with Silesian's?

What`s even more funny is that 2 days ago I asked permission from ECP team to realese my enhanced config bin that resembles yours but I think that yours is better so I will cancel my realese.No need to have 10 variants of the same thing.GJ btw smile_o.gif

this sounds really fantastic, just what ive been waiting for, many many many thanks.
No problem.
have you thought about adding more stuff to this to completely replace all of the original units?

The choppers and others would be nice updated, replaced, perhaps with Silesian's?

That's my eventual plan. I'd like to replace just about everything, but a lot of things aren't available yet (RHS' BMPs and the BAS woodland pack and so on and so forth.)

In my current working version I've already changed out a few more things. I should have it ready for release within a few days.

On that note, does anybody know of a good PK replacement? I've been looking for one, but I've been unable to find any.

Good stuff Kurayami, this is exactly the kind of thing the ECP was built for!

RED

No, just don't add INQ weapons, please! sad_o.gif Not everybody likes them, they just don't "fit" the game IMHO.

As others have told me and i have agreed, INQ's weapons are quite good(he has ak47's, ak74's and pk's)...since he has PAA versions out now, you may want to try those.

As others probably did before me, I would also add BAS helos to that conversion.

Kurayami fantastic work mate!

What type of weapon conversion have you done?

1-Textures only.

2-Textures and recoil/dammage config particular to the new weapon

3-All the above plus the new weapons sound?

4- Do the new weapons in your config use jam-usmc-bis mags/bullets?

If all youve done is replace the models and textures all should be 100% fine, if youve altered any of the above then certain ECP core scripts may not operate correctly. But hey thats fine--simply post all those changes and Im sure one of the team may help to integrate the new addons correctly into the ECP.

Great work mate!

Zay blues.gif

Thanks for the kind words, all. But really, the guys that made the addons should be getting the credit. They did the hard work.

No, just don't add INQ weapons, please! sad_o.gif Not everybody likes them, they just don't "fit" the game IMHO.
I've considered INQ's weapons for some things, especially the AK-47 and M60.

Know of any high quality alternatives for those?

As others have told me and i have agreed, INQ's weapons are quite good(he has ak47's, ak74's and pk's)...since he has PAA versions out now, you may want to try those.
Last I checked, INQ's pack only had an RPK. I'm looking for something a bit heavier.
Kurayami fantastic work mate!

What type of weapon conversion have you done?

Currently, models and textures only aside from my removal of the burst fire mode on the AKs.

In the future I'd like to expand upon this aspect well, perhaps by offering an expanded config along side a less thorough one so as to ensure that the default BIS campaigns stay properly balanced for those that want that option.

I do have a question for the ECP guys, though: Would changing any of the variable string values that reference stringtable.csv to fixed ones break anything? I.E., changing "$STR_DN_M4" to "M4A1."

I ask because I'd like to rename the weapons and fire modes to more accurately depict the new models. I thought that the cleanest way to do this would be to offer a modified stringtable.csv alongside the config.bin, but I was getting some odd behavior when I did that in the action menu.

good work mate smile_o.gif

for the pk you could use VIT's?

and the m60 maybe CM's new one?

and the AK74 maybe ORCS?

it's alot of askin' but it would be worth it wink_o.gif

Chopper, that I can't stress enough.

Please change them into BAS (most prefferably)

good work mate smile_o.gif

for the pk you could use VIT's?

and the m60 maybe CM's new one?

and the AK74 maybe ORCS?

it's alot of askin' but it would be worth it wink_o.gif

VIT as in the APC VIT, or VIT as in the plane guy? If the former, is it a part of his APC pack?

Does ORCS also have an AK-47? I'm using Suchey & Earl's 74 at the moment.

I may just scrap the M60 altogether and replace it with an M249 (although it would still use the M60 class for compatability's sake.) That would be more technically accurate. Is that something that people would like to see, or would it be better to stick with the 60?

yeh VIT the APC man it is in his latest pack

and orcs doesnt have an ak47 sorry

but there is bound to be a decent one out there somewhere rock.gif

I think we still need the 60 in there because i love 60's biggrin_o.gif

I agree that the choppers need changing, but my issue is this:

The BAS UH-60 is black. Now, I'm *trying* to keep this as realistic as possible, so I have a hard time getting past the fact that only the 160th SOAR flies black birds, but I'm willing to overlook that for the 60 and I'll work on getting that into a future config.

The thing is, there're no real replacements for the others.

The BAS MH-47, while great, is an unsuitable replacement for a CH-47D.

BoH's AH-64D is unavailable as a standalone addon, and I'd like to avoid having something as big as the BoH mod as a requirement.

To my knowledge, there's no finished modern AH-1 (W or Z.)

We're also lacking stand-alone Mi-24s and 8 or 17s. CSLA has some nice ones and the FDF ones are looking good, but again, those are big downloads (and bigger PBOs.)

As for the OH-58, it can be replaced by SILESIAN's without the use of my config.

I'm open to any further suggestions here. Maybe I've overlooked something.

for the sake of OFP all the mods just mentioned ^^ take note and release these great addons as standalone  biggrin_o.gif  

Please  sad_o.gif  

Pretty Pretty Please with cherries on top?  rock.gif   biggrin_o.gif

I agree that the choppers need changing, but my issue is this:

The BAS UH-60 is black. Now, I'm *trying* to keep this as realistic as possible, so I have a hard time getting past the fact that only the 160th SOAR flies black birds, but I'm willing to overlook that for the 60 and I'll work on getting that into a future config.

The thing is, there're no real replacements for the others.

The BAS MH-47, while great, is an unsuitable replacement for a CH-47D.

BoH's AH-64D is unavailable as a standalone addon, and I'd like to avoid having something as big as the BoH mod as a requirement.

To my knowledge, there's no finished modern AH-1 (W or Z.)

We're also lacking stand-alone Mi-24s and 8 or 17s. CSLA has some nice ones and the FDF ones are looking good, but again, those are big downloads (and bigger PBOs.)

As for the OH-58, it can be replaced by SILESIAN's without the use of my config.

I'm open to any further suggestions here. Maybe I've overlooked something.

i think the mh60 in the Bas BlackHawk pack is the one the usual army use as its only armed with an m60.

Hm. Something just occured to me. Wouldn't the cargo proxies be completely messed up if I used the BAS UH-60 in the default UH60 class? I'm not sure how cargo proxies are defined because I've never messed with them before.