Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Does EECP use the JAM weapon sounds? I can't stand the JAM M-16 sound. It grates on me like a bad song or chalk screeching on a chalkboard...

Hmm. If I use EECP, when I try to play ECP the arrow is a little box, and the top one third of the editor is black. I can't enter preview a mission in the editor, either, I get an error. I removed ECP_Effects and it worked fine, but I didn't have any units replaced. I've tried re-downloading EECP too.

The error when I try to start the mission editor is

Scripts\ECP_Effects\ECPinit.sqs not found

When I start ECP with EECP, I get this message, I hit Enter and ECP starts up:

Picture\ecp_effects\images\ecplogo1.paa not found

Any help?

hi kurayami,

is it planned to use this great movement animation like in y2k3, who allows the player to look around corners in the standing position and roll to cover in the prone position?

the first time i played ofp with this new animations it was like a new ofp! a great experience and a great reality boost for the gameplay!

i hope to see that in EECP.

greatings, vonStahlhelm

I believe that this is a must, too. I was missing it since changing from y2k3 to ECP sad_o.gif!

Does EECP use the JAM weapon sounds? I can't stand the JAM M-16 sound. It grates on me like a bad song or chalk screeching on a chalkboard...

Patience, and your JAM sound issue will be fixed to whatever you want to put in there...

@Doc, I believe you're referring to locke's animations.

EECP only uses one or two JAM sounds. Most of the sound effects either come from DR or the original addon.
Quote[/b] ]Hmm. If I use EECP, when I try to play ECP the arrow is a little box, and the top one third of the editor is black. I can't enter preview a mission in the editor, either, I get an error. I removed ECP_Effects and it worked fine, but I didn't have any units replaced. I've tried re-downloading EECP too.

Any help?

It sounds like you didn't install ECP before installing EECP.

hi kurayami,

is it planned to use this great movement animation like in y2k3, who allows the player to look around corners in the standing position and roll to cover in the prone position?

the first time i played ofp with this new animations it was like a new ofp! a great experience and a great reality boost for the gameplay!

i hope to see that in EECP.

greatings, vonStahlhelm

Locke's animations are great, but they could cause issues in MP if not eveybody was running EECP.

I will say "they will possibly be optional," but I'm not making any promises about that. I'll have to look things over more first.

Locke's animations are great, but they could cause issues in MP if not eveybody was running EECP.

I will say "they will possibly be optional," but I'm not making any promises about that. I'll have to look things over more first.

Well, in my opinion this is essential, I would be glad to see it in EECP!

EECP only uses one or two JAM sounds. Most of the sound effects either come from DR or the original addon.
Quote[/b] ]Hmm. If I use EECP, when I try to play ECP the arrow is a little box, and the top one third of the editor is black. I can't enter preview a mission in the editor, either, I get an error. I removed ECP_Effects and it worked fine, but I didn't have any units replaced. I've tried re-downloading EECP too.

Any help?

It sounds like you didn't install ECP before installing EECP.

I did install ECP. And, as I said, ECP works perfectly fine if I remove the EECP files. I only get errors if I replace the ECP files with EECP files.

Also, did you use the JAM sound for the M-16?

I did install ECP. And, as I said, ECP works perfectly fine if I remove the EECP files. I only get errors if I replace the ECP files with EECP files.
Sorry, I was tired last night and that didn't register.

Have you tried unpboing the ECP_Effects.pbo that came with the EECP that you downloaded? I'd do that to see if those files are actually there. It sounds to me like you might have gotten it from a corrupted source, because that shouldn't be happening.

Also, are you sure that you replaced the ECP config.bin with the EECP config.bin? You said that after removing ECP_Effects.pbo you were able to play, but without any replaced units. ECP_Effects.pbo has nothing to do with that. All of that is defined in the config itself.

Quote[/b] ]Also, did you use the JAM sound for the M-16?
No. I use the MARPAT pack's.

Sorry, I was tired last night and that didn't register.

Have you tried unpboing the ECP_Effects.pbo that came with the EECP that you downloaded? I'd do that to see if those files are actually there. It sounds to me like you might have gotten it from a corrupted source, because that shouldn't be happening.

Also, are you sure that you replaced the ECP config.bin with the EECP config.bin? You said that after removing ECP_Effects.pbo you were able to play, but without any replaced units. ECP_Effects.pbo has nothing to do with that. All of that is defined in the config itself.

Quote[/b] ]Also, did you use the JAM sound for the M-16?
No. I use the MARPAT pack's.

I haven't tried unpboing EECP's ECP_Effects, but it did strike me as odd that the EECP's ECP_Effects was only around 72kb, and the ECP_Effects that came with ECP was around 5,000 kb.

I didn't replace ECP config.bin with EECP config.bin because ECP didn't install a config.bin, just a config.cpp.

The new ECP will not work with the EECP as it was designed for ECP 1.071 :P

RED

The new ECP will not work with the EECP as it was designed for ECP 1.071 :P

RED

Oh...Is there going to be an EECP compatible for the new version of ECP soon?

it will be great when you make locke's animations optional! take your time for the more important things. last version of eecp was great and i thank for this great work on this place!locke's animations are essential for me since they're released and as an "übernoob" in editing/scripting its impossible for me to make myself a script to make them running in eecp. and i think that lockes animation are really one of the greatest gameplayenhancements ever written for ofp - i wonder why BIS never make it possible to lean/roll by themself. i never understand why they dont put this animations in the first release of ofp.

greats, erich von stahlhelm

I didn't replace ECP config.bin with EECP config.bin because ECP didn't install a config.bin, just a config.cpp.

Well, that's you're problem. tounge2.gif

It sounds like you're combining ECP 1.071 and ECP 1.085. You'll need to use ECP 1.071 in order for EECP 0.44 to work correctly.

A new EECP that uses ECP 1.085 will be available shortly.

Well, that's you're problem. tounge2.gif

It sounds like you're combining ECP 1.071 and ECP 1.085. You'll need to use ECP 1.071 in order for EECP 0.44 to work correctly.

A new EECP that uses ECP 1.085 will be available shortly.

Sounds good!

Just one question, which version number will the pending version of EECP wear?

Probably be 1.01 or 1.02. Depends upon how testing goes.

Hey K man can you give me any assistance re this problem?

No one in the ECP forums seems to be listening.

Actually i think i fixed it - must have been the UKF addons causing the prob.

Ill have to do further testing.

Its regarding this problem below and using ECP and basic mod folders like ie UKF forces and BAS for instance.

I want to use these mods folders with ECP without putting them in my offical folders.

I get errors using OPF Launcher - ECP wont load the scripts properly - latest version - im trying to figure out to load the game via Kegs launcher.

This is just with basic ECP - and will the same happen with your version.

Are we stuck with EECP mods only?

Try it - make a mod folder - use ECP and add a basic mod via a mod folder not FDF or CSLA.

Load them and ECP with Kegs launcher

As all the mods folders make it difficult to use ECP via the command line changes to the shortcut launcher command line/ so id rather use the launcher to save time and hassles.

The error is that it tries to load the original FP screen and not the ECP inital startup even with the ECP mod enabled with other mods after it.

There is not an ECP exe to target only the shortcut.

If there was an EXE it could target like FDF or CSLA exes it might work?.

As its only being worked as an addon to the main FP its having trouble executing and as a result it loads up via the original FP screens.

This does gives an ECP main interface window with an error message then in game doesnt load ECP settings and gives an error message.

If anyone has figures out how to use Kegs launcher with this latest version of ECP please let me know and give us detailed instructions.

Try it and you will see what i mean.

use the launcher to do this - lastest one of Kegs.

Cheers

Patience icon_rolleyes.gif

Kurayami has quite a bit to go through and tweak/change. There are many features that will be in this version that have not been seen yet and are probably adding to the existing workload.

We're all just as eager to experience the new EECP. It should be something amazing to behold, for certain.

The new ECP looks like a major overhaul from the previous version, so I would suspect the new EECP version will take a while. As much as I want to play OpFlash with the new EECP, I'm fine waiting for however long it takes.

Looking forward to jumping back in to OpFlash soon. smile_o.gif

Kurayami. Give us some screens pleeeaaase! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Kurayami. Give us some screens pleeeaaase!  

I'm really not trusting anyone saying "soon" anymore, so I don't trust you either Kurayami. smile_o.gif

I guess I might as well come back to this thread after 6-8 month and see if it's been realeased or not. goodnight.gif

Quote[/b] ]Kurayami. Give us some screens pleeeaaase!  

I'm really not trusting anyone saying "soon" anymore, so I don't trust you either Kurayami. smile_o.gif

I guess I might as well come back to this thread after 6-8 month and see if it's been realeased or not. goodnight.gif

Patience.

Let him work! Kurayami is probably using as much time available to get this out. He will probably have several releases after the next version to cover what he wants in it. So be patient.

Kurayami. Just a little question for ya. are you going to include the new T-90/T-80 pack?