Sign in to follow this  
Benaksoy

Downgrade back to 1.91

I want to revert back to 1.91 after annoying bugs in 1.96 rc but the 1.91 patch won't let me install because of 1.96. I'm pretty sure the only file that was changed was the exe so can anyone host the 1.91 OFP exe for me please? Or e-mail it to Benaksoy@hotmail.com. Many thanks to whoever can help me. smile_o.gif

A few questions.

What bugs?

Why the EXE?

Why not download the patch?

Why revert to an older version?

Why make OFP worse through the process of returning to an old version when a new one has been released?

Can't understand why anyone would choose to go back to 1.91?

Moving to TS.

Moving to TS.

One reason would be that there maybe aren't any cracked 1.96.exe's out yet..

Not that Benaksoy needs one but it's just a possible reason why to wanna go back to 1.91.

Moving to TS.

One reason would be that there maybe aren't any cracked 1.96.exe's out yet..

Not that Benaksoy needs one but it's just a possible reason why to wanna go back to 1.91.

1.96 beta exe does not contain any copy protection...

What bugs?

I posted these in the 1.96 bugs thread.

1. AI soldiers don't rearm when told to do so by an AI leader.

2. Laser designator doesn't work. (Both the weapon and on OH-58)

3. Game crashes when you pick up a weapon containing no ammo.

4. I could go on...

Why the EXE?

The 1.96 patch only replaces the exe, it's the only file I need to downgrade back to 1.91.

Why not download the patch?

I guess "but the 1.91 patch won't let me install because of 1.96" wasn't clear enough??? crazy_o.gif

Why revert to an older version/make OFP worse?

Believe it or not, 1.96 is more buggy than 1.91. I've reported the bugs I've found and I feel I've finished my job as a beta tester.

Plus, I'm playing around with the source of MFCTI and I want to make sure any errors are because of me and not the buggy software. I think the AI rearming bug is causing problems for me right now and I want to go back to 1.91 when it worked.

And Llauma, that's incorrect for a couple reasons.

1. If I wanted a cracked EXE, why would I ask for a non-cracked, fresh, clean OFP 1.91 exe? Wouldn't I go looking for a cracked OFP EXE?

2. 1.96 is a crack in itself. You don't need the CD in to play with 1.96. crazy_o.gif

Can anyone please send me a 1.91 OFP EXE? Has everyone upgraded?

Discussing cracks of any shape or form contravenes forum rules, please don't do it smile_o.gif

huh? 1.96 installs a new Flashpointbeta.exe

Just run your Flashpointresistance.exe and you are back at 1.91.

The upgrade didn't overwrite your .exe.It placed a new one

No, the new rc (not the old 1.96 beta!) doesn't install a flashpoint beta but indeed replaces the FlashpointResistance.exe.

Still I don't get it. 1.91 had some ugly bugs (like the one that would delete a whole partition of your harddisk if you were unlucky) and 1.96 doesn't have them. I see no new bugs introduced in 1.96, just old ones fixed.

Of course the 1.96 bugs are usually unnoticable but in the complexity of a mission such as MFCTI, they could cause trouble or even crash the game. 1.91 was stable and (for the means I'm using it for) nearly bug-free.

Ah well, I decided to reinstall the game and install 1.91 only. Thanks anyway, guys (I think). sad_o.gif

EDIT: Thank you Bratty for your efforts! smile_o.gif But I reinstalled because I didn't think anybody would be willing to help. sad_o.gif I'm sorry if this caused you any trouble. Thanks again.

Discussing cracks of any shape or form contravenes forum rules, please don't do it smile_o.gif

Tak tochno... I'll please you and black list the word. tounge_o.gif