Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Challenger 2 beta released

x(

That's just pointless. why not cooperate, especially seeing as how neither of the versions are completed?

we did talk abput co-operation... unfortunaly no mutual agreement could be made

and we did indeed start ours first (no, im not starting a 'you stole our idea' flame here)... but with pressure from the community to make british troops first, we decided that our main efforts should be seen on the troops, landies and weapons...

after said unit's release, expect a rush of UKF armour (as soon as they are textured)...

and... furthermore... there is no problem with having 2 ukf challys... friendly competition only serves to improve each mod's challengers. We do indeed have a ex challenger crew man as an advisor, and hopefully this will help us to create a very accurate challenger 2...

as for cammo schemes... the only red desert area UK forces have delpoyed in are areas such as sierra leone = jungle = no tanks... the UK have a stadard camo scheme for desert and woodland warfare (minus SAS pinkies) - the only differences generally seen are between the different batches of the paint... if we were to fight in a red desert area (and Oz is the only large open desert area i can think of) im presuming the MoD would look at new cammo.

anyways - great tank by DKM - some brilliant features implemented, some we were looking at too and good to see they are possible  smile_o.gif

[Edit]

lol - you guys using our old infantry beta's to promote your chally? thats quite an honour (although looking at our old marines, i can't believe how ugly they were compared to now)

dkmm_ch2_02.jpg

smile_o.gif sure we would like to help your promotion (no pun intended), but unfortunately, we didnt make that screenshot, i belive ofp.info guys did.

Just wanted to say I am that ex Chally Crewman and thanks for making this "British" Tank.

The more Brit Kit in OFP the better whoever makes it IMHO.

Quote[/b] ]and the afghanistan island which I use most of the time.

Where to get this? It seems i cannot find it anywhere...

Edit: Nevermind, got it.

Please make a version with teddy bear biggrin_o.gif

http://www.operations.mod.uk/telic/images/ops/challenger_basrah.jpg

Challenger 2 look great. Would it be balanced with RH addons or only orginal BIS tanks? For now it is thick as Sigma`s M1A2s but it`s ammo is really weak compared to M829s from M1s pack.

Some strange thing with loader... sitting on the turret roof (FPP), piercing through it (internal view from commander`s sit), with no model apeared (external view).

we deliberately gave it weak ammo, to compensate for the very high rate of fire (with loader on board).

So that it is sortof balanced with BIS addons, and can be beaten by black eagle/t80u.

Alos, having 4th man onboard means you will have one less barrel in your group, but the 3 barrels have a more powerful striking force than 4 cr2's without loader.

p.s. tankieboy, thanks for giving us info's, i forgot to mention you in the readme, but be assured the final version will mention you..:)

Really nice work guys! smile_o.gif Love the scripting and the loader idea. Hearing him say "Gun loaded" does add a lot to it. Might i suggest a Merkava 3 as a next project? smile_o.gif

Nice work guys (DKMs)

I have a few questions for u:

1) Shall be that tank balanced with RHS Russian tanks?

2) Is that a real crosshair, you've used in gunner's sight?

3) (Off-Top) Pls, remove and remodel you freaky "BE"... it is wrong at all points, including the modelling! wink_o.gif

Alos, having 4th man onboard means you will have one less barrel in your group, but the 3 barrels have a more powerful striking force than 4 cr2's without loader.

p.s. tankieboy, thanks for giving us info's, i forgot to mention you in the readme, but be assured the final version will mention you..:)

Only three tanks in a troop IRL so this is good.

NP about the Readme mate as I am looking to help not for fame.

3) (Off-Top) Pls, remove and remodel you freaky "BE"... it is wrong at all points, including the modelling!  wink_o.gif

Now that is unconstructive. Provide information, photos, diagrams, blue prints and then there is a possiblity of action. ATM I think it is fine, and are you aware of how difficult it is to make a tank that only exists as a few prototypes, and isn't even in production? Maybe you know something we don't, in which case you could provide us with information.

Also, someone said about crews.. there will be one, as Carnage said. I know this, becuase i am making it.

Okies.. I hope there is a simple answer to this.. prolly me doing sumit wrong

"error loading dkmm_rsc\dkm_rsc_cr2optika.p3d"

Any clues?

You can view the actual error screenie Here

Here's a little preview of the crew beta, so no more american crews  biggrin_o.gif

potw.jpg

These are men from the Royal Tank Regiment, 7th Battalion (AKA Desert Rats, note the flash on the left arm, but you can't see to clearly in this picture.)

Well they are true RTR playing the "six weeks on exercise tash growing game"

I am seeing camnet rolls and id markers on these tanks. Did they come with the addon?

the camo rolls appear randomly on the uparmored versions at mission start, just one of those features ya know... smile_o.gif

the camo rolls appear randomly on the uparmored versions at mission start, just one of those features ya know... smile_o.gif

Is there an init line entry to ensure this as its closer to rl.

Is there an init line entry to ensure this as its closer to rl.

No, it is set with the probability of .5 (it is calculated over the init position of the tank, so it will work aswell in mp games).

You can make sure it appears with moving the tank a bit around in missioneditor (1 meter more/less to the north can make the difference).

I love the smoke machine biggrin_o.gif Great for blocking areas in mp