Sign in to follow this  
subfaction

Anjou 1939-1944 island

If you havn't already tried this one out, do so its really really nice. Perfect french countryside, fantastic for ww2 missions.

It just has one small problem I get white untextured fields, i have a feeling it might be due to the highres texture pack that i have installed.

A shout out to the islands creator:

Is there any way to make the island compatiable with the hi res texture pack, as i would have thought a lot of people now have it installed.

It would be perfect if it wasnt for that little problem.

cheers

.sub

Could be the high res textures. I took a good tour, and didn't notice any white (though it's entirely possible I missed it if it exists)

IMO, the island is excellent! smile_o.gif

Seems to happen when islands use the cwc textures, which aren't present any more when you use the highres textures. Happens on JCs Normandy Island too (and one other island i can't remember right now).

Seems to happen when islands use the cwc textures, which aren't present any more when you use the highres textures. Happens on JCs Normandy Island too (and one other island i can't remember right now).

Yes, JC's Normandie and Ackropolis. Both excellent islands, but unplayable with FatWombat's HighTexture. Nearly everything is white ... like a really strange winter-island

Mfg MEDICUS

I posted this in the beginning of the week.

It really is a nice island.

(*UPDATED to v1.3) (May 10-2004)

From the read me file:

Don't look on Anjou as it is an island. Moreover it should just represent an inner part of

France sometime in the 30´s and 40´s. So you will not find any beaches, typical coastlines etc..

The region of Anjou has a typical agriculture shape, with some villages and several farms.

Montignac is in the region of Anjou the biggest village, but still with just less then

500 inhabitants not very large. The roads are small, covered by bushes and fields

on the right and left but nevertheless, you will still find wide area's forest covered.

Additional to the villages there are two lakes (Lac du Montignac and Lac du Arudy),

the Chateau de Sainte Marie and a small river to the east.

Requires Resistance

MIRROR -  4.88 MB - v1.3

ofp_Anjou_Island-1939-1944.jpg

ofp_Anjou_Island3-1939-1944.jpg

ofp_Anjou_Island4-1939-1944.jpg

The screens looks really nice!

But i've still the problem with the "highres textures". For me it's white  crazy_o.gif

Would be really nice, if the island maker could make it compatible to this textures.

Mfg MEDICUS

Wow this is a nice looking map. Going to load up some guys on it to see if it lags me. biggrin_o.gif

any fix for the highres pack available yet?

A high res. version1.01 you can find in the WWIIec download section under islands.

cool, i can stuck into this map now, nice one, i hope the creator has other things planned ;)

v nice map

OFP_PUPSI released version 1.2 with a airstrip and grainfields.

Anjou1.2

In later stage he`ll release a version with more third party addons like mapfacts barracks, street objects as lights and gas pumps smile_o.gif

This island is amazing and a salute goes out to its creator.

I wonder if the bridge would look more authentic if the AWOL BRIDGE from WW2EC was used?

Very nice island!

The only thing i don't like as much is the coastline. I think the one or other bay would look nice. It's too straight.

But anyway a nice island with sweet towns and countryside. Great job!

Mfg MEDICUS

Is there any mirrors to the newest version of this island, ofp info link dosnt work for me.

cheers

mike

I just had a couple of games this week in this island and it's brilliant for tanks!

The rolling landscape makes it perfect for hit and hide tactits, and the density of vegetagion and buildings makes it really tough for finding the enemy. You learn the hard way how well the cammo of a Panzer works!

F19bannerh.jpg

F19banner.jpg

Seeing some nice photos in CP encouraged me to give it a try. I'm amazed by the incredible amount of attention the author paid to every little detail. The landscape is also great. Overall, a must have island.  smile_o.gif

PS. Don't know why but all these forests there remind of the "Brotherhood of the Wolf" movie.  ghostface.gif

I must say, even being in one area of the island alone gave me hundreds of ideas for both WWII and modern units. It's just a lovly island.

Yup, fantastic job. Probably the most impressive island released to date.