Sign in to follow this  
somebloke

Un force

What i'd like to see is the possibility for a United Nations Peacekeeping force in ofp2. Y'know it could be there in the middle between the opposing forces trying to keep the peace. I know there is one in ofp but it's slightly limited.

There is a really interesting and in-depth discussion about this sort of thing happening here.

smile_o.gif

i too would love to see non u.s. / soviet missions.

there are so many other nato outfits to choose from.

hermans french british swedish norwegian. anything, just not bloody u.s. again.

flashpoint was fantastic in that it let you play the russians for the first time instead of the inevitable americans agian and again and again. the americans have good kit, but i have played it sooo many times before in soooo many games.

something a bit more inspiring please

UN forces? Hmmm...Why not?

They will be like civilian only they shoot when a gun is fireing.

Quote[/b] ]They will be like civilian only they shoot when a gun is fireing.

You wish biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]there are so many other nato outfits to choose from.

hermans french british swedish norwegian. anything, just not bloody u.s. again.

Sweden is not a member of NATO and most likely will never be.

I think the UN thing can wait for just a couple of missions, or the UN thing can be an intro mission where you go on a patrol and you come under fire and that sparks off the war The bulk should of course be lots of NATO countries perhaps you could have different campaigns for different nations?

Perhaps if we say the recent war in iraq was a campaign youd have one campaign with the US armoured division with the fall of baghdad and another with the british/US marines fighting in Basra with amphibious landings perhaps even river patrols on boats with multiple guns on boats. you could even have solely british paras landing to take the oildfields and american paras and green berets fighting with kurds in the north.

well that wasnt actually NATO but you get my point. this would stop OFP 2 becoming another USAem up

Perhaps if we say the recent war in iraq was a campaign youd have one campaign with the US armoured division with the fall of baghdad and another with the british/US marines fighting in Basra with amphibious landings perhaps even river patrols on boats with multiple guns on boats. you could even have solely british paras landing to take the oildfields and american paras and green berets fighting with kurds in the north.

if the campaign was about iraq id wanna be fighting in iraq's army

if the campaign was about iraq id wanna be fighting in iraq's army

umm... no. I respect your opinion and it's a great idea but iraq's army sucks. Most of those guys surrendered within 2-3 minutes of fighting. But as for playing as a fictional opfor force, (most enemy forces I heard of in the news really suck at fighting conventionally and terrorism bombings aren't exactly ideal for challenging gameplay. Unless you count the pressure of blowing yourself up or waiting all day and night to blow the i.e.d.) that has a decent chance of fighting conventional wars may be interesting.

As for iraq, the first few battles were exciting for marines but the bulk of the actual conflict is just a PR nightmare for the US. Just playing as patrolling guards might be like what you are imagining with the iraqi army.

Yup I hate the idea about campaign being set in Iraq but if it was its more sensible to fight against proper opponents than like you said guys who surrender in two minutes.

Oh, I know what would involve the UN!

Get this:

Japanese "ninjas/ashiragu" from a yakuza organization (m-hm)

Who attack the Vatican's switzers (swedish mercenary bodyguards) and cause a war on organized crime and private armies!!! (yahoo!!!!)

Yeah! I got the idea from reading Hamlet a few hours ago.

I'm half kidding about the switzers, but technically I read in

PCGamer that the UN has recorded billions of dollars going into private armies (lots of weak ones of course).  Though maybe the story should not involve the Catholic church...

Hm, back to the drawing board.

(rant on: and the ninja dudes could have cool toys like customized blackhawks and mp5's and high-tech gadgets and hover tanks lol and new body armor and stolen weapons and salvaged jetfighters and private helicopters with guys shooting out of the doors...)

(And they could take over the world because they are some secret cult with technology developed ahead billions of years into the future!!!! MECHA! NINJA MAGIC!! Hooya!!!)

Oh, but the United Nations would kick their asses because the ninja leader dude is an impotent old geezer who can't think straight and goes senile. Basically an excuse to shoot 8ft mecha with an heavy finnish rocket launcher.

Quote[/b] ]Vatican's switzers (swedish mercenary bodyguards)

Many errors about Sweden in this topic. They are not Swedish, they are Swiss. A completely different country.

Mad dog @ Mar. 29 2004,14:31)]Hum...you would like peacekeeper in a ofp2 campaign ?

no no. It's a special side like the resistance except it has its own hostility properties.

This side is friendly to both sides but when fired upon then the attack. Basically make a side that is neutral but can become hostile in self-defence.

This idea doesn't even have to deal with UN units.

Hell, this idea would be awsome if it could be applied to POWs. When the enemy decides to ally itself against the POW, the POW may retaliate and try to find a friendly force.