Sign in to follow this  
ArchangelSKT

Group formation

I don`t know about you people but I hope they are some more formations to chose from in OPF2 .

Like a circle or square formation , there have been times I`ve been fired upon and haven`t been able to find the direction quick enough and a formation that covers the group 360 degrees is good then in my opinion .

I also hope they can make some wider formations as well , sometimes I find the ones that are in OPF1 to tight .

Technical Colomn what is that?

I have heard it on movies manytimes but do they have that

on OPF?

PS: Circle formation could be a wise thing to have sometimes.

I think it would be helpfull if there was a simple order to half or double the distance between the teammembers. Like this you could spread out over a large area or hide in a smal area.

In the Interface Discussion thread on this page I have already suggested to give us more options with respect to formations.

OFP has all the formations you need apart from a box for a fireteam. the problem is that your men dont fan out or take cover quickly enough to get into a line and engage the enemy. neither do they put down any suppressing fire to engage an enemy.

column use for moving in woods

staggered column for roads

wedge for open ground

line for assaults

it would be nice if OFP could have an all round defence button

Not to mention CQB modes. I would like to see for example a group of Black Ops "Stack up" near a door way to a building and then to a "breach" and fan out(clear the fatal funnel) inside to cover their assigned "slices of pie".

It's much prefer customizeable formations. I.E. go into the editor and its added to your player config. As well as the ability to put some "randomness" into it. I.E. setting a group memeber x meters away +/- random 10 (To get some variance), and the same for angles. (Understand? rock.gif )

well, if the devs can't make the ai perform really advanced cqb tactics, then I'd like a toggle to determine whether the ai should scatter on contact or stay in formation perfectly while moving.

Formations may be more effective in real life than in game probably because teamates and keep up with each other even in close places like forest (well, maybe not so much). Having the ai keep up with the player even by sprinting alot would fix alot of problems with formations in OFP

The only "formation" I really miss is a "Run for cover!".

At the moment, unless you specifically order each man to covered positions, some will be left standing in the open, where they'll be gunned down. In fact, unless specifically ordered to stay put, the default reaction to enemy contact should be to take cover!