Sign in to follow this  
Thud_and_Blunder

Bkm - albanians and assorted objects

Over on the ofp.cz pages, BKM have announced their Albanian "terrorists" (here) and their objects pack (here).

These original links appear to work; the ofp.cz ones don't at the moment.

Overall they look pretty good. The leader looks the best with the little prayer cap, however...

I'm not quite sure why he has a M60 machine gun. Did the US give them M60's??? I've never seen any pictures of Albanian rebels carrying them.

I think a AK-47 would have been better suited for the leader.

Also on ofp.info it says you need all those other addons but you don't. I'm not sure why they put that on there.

At any rate, overall they're not bad and they're in MLOD format (thanks BKM, that is appreciated!) so they can be modified. The objects are also very good, however the Azan (call to prayer for the mosque) is way too loud. It would be better suited as a "sound" class sample that can be activated via the map editor and a trigger. The sound should also be in mono so that it is directional. As it is now, no matter where it is triggered it is always the same loudness which isn't good cuz its REALLY loud. You don't get that nice hauntingly beautiful effect of hearing the Azan far away in the distance.

But other then that the objects look pretty good and are a must have for any Balkans conflict mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Actually during the Kosovo Crisis the Americans did support the KLA. There were alot of Albanians living in the U.S and many of them voluntiered to join the KLA. Basicly the KLA were the ground troops and the U.S at the time was bombing Serbia effectively supplying the KLA with an airforce.

There is GREAT BKM Objects Pack. Look :

BKM_A.jpg

BKM_B.jpg

Great work !!!

fighter

smile_o.gif

Thanks guys for a lot of feedback...that is very much appriciated...we'll keep the models in MLOD format because,WE know how it feels like to have something that works but you dont know how to do it... tounge_o.gif