Sign in to follow this  
rouge1

Ofp keeps reastarting

hello.

I keep having an contiunes problem with OFP it keeps reastarting my comptuer after certain amounts of gameplay. some days i could play for 5 mintues and it would do it. other times 1 - 2 hours and it would.

I have all up to date drivers for all hardware and have tweaked all kinds of settings and tried older drivers but it keeps happening

System Specs

Graphics - Radeon 9700pro

Soundcard - Sound Blaster Live

Restarting like that...sounds like one of these possibilities:

CPU fan/heatsink has too much dust , cpu overheats , puter reboots

Power supply dusty/failing

I would check the status of dust in your machine around those components,if those are dirty ,your video card prolly is too,just that a overheating videocard normally would just lockup rather than reboot

A overheating harddrive also could cause reboots but normally would just lockup too

Alright i'll try that. just the weirdst thing is. that fact it only does it for OFP and other application/game works fine for hours if need be but when ever OFP is involved it just reboots when it wants to.

What version of windows are you using?

Try giving your comp a good "blow" (Around cooling fans and case vents). With the program rather than the computer crashing I'd guess this is a heat related problem.  smile_o.gif

1: Have you overclocked ur 3D card ? I had the same problem when I oveclocked my card so much that it got to hot.. liekl 5 mins play then swhhhhhh..... restart... then I clocked it a little bit down, now its good as new tounge_o.gif

2: I had the same prob on my old comp to. but then the aswer was tha my "old" 3d card dident support HW T&L, then I took direct 3d, then it worked fine.

If these opions are to help, Im not sure..

Hope u will find out the prob.. smile_o.gif

-DT

well after all this time of Stability it restarted again......Mid MP game... now i have cleaned, recleaned even re re Cleaned all around the Case and Over everything!...Now it can't be heat cos my System hardly goes over 30 degrees.... Overall That includes CPU,Graphics etc Plus the fact it ONLY does it for OFP is just an slight bit annoying

well after all this time of Stability it restarted again......Mid MP game... now i have cleaned, recleaned even re re Cleaned all around the Case and Over everything!...Now it can't be heat cos my System hardly goes over 30 degrees.... Overall That includes CPU,Graphics etc Plus the fact it ONLY does it for OFP is just an slight bit annoying

You should try a memcheck tool, it checks your RAM for bad sectors. Dont remmber name for one but use google and search for memory diagnostic tool.

What chipset does your motherboard contain?

Have you tried swapping your SB Live audio card for any other?

You should try a memcheck tool, it checks your RAM for bad sectors. Dont remmber name for one but use google and search for memory diagnostic tool.

http://www.memtest86.com smile_o.gif

Ah was an piece of Busted Ram..afterall ... oh well Problem Sorted!

Thanks for the input all!

Note:

i had 1.96 beta and i was getting CTD drops and random reboots on our 1.96RC server

i updated my puter to 1.96 official and all was GOOOOOD

i also updated our server to official altho it was probly the same file (linsux)