Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

Thats more of an animation issue than a model issue. It often happens with any unit (including BIS ones, but to a lesser extent I'll admit). There are many animation issues with custom AND BIS units - trying straefing to your right, and then to your left (without pausing) and if you time it correctly you'll become very very thin for a brief moment.

Thank's for the explanation jackel.Another bug i am encountering more and more with these unit's is that their are a lot more faces screwed up in vehicles and aircraft!I know the new head model as this problem to a small extent but these new unit's have it a lot.For an example i used the fp unit's from cameron mcdonald in my custom config,on the helicopter in the begining of the mission "flashpoint from the bis campaign all faces inside the chopper are ok! When i use these unit's some faces are screwed up crazy_o.gif .HYK did you include the f set anims into you're models?(not only into the config's)

@action man

If you modify a config to replace BIS units with ones that comes with Llauma's head model, another solution that allow no faces texture problem is to modify the whole CfgFace class.

Give a look into the config of the graa modpack to see an example on how to do it correctly.

The other advantage of doing that is the fact you don't need anymore any face scripts or Fset selections, as it will be the game itself that will allocate faces without any face bug in vehicles or performance loss due to the face looping script.

(oh and use the sanc_fixface.pbo in your custom mod addons folder, as it fixes a problem with 4/5 faces that new paths are ignored by a main config)

@madmedic....You are the man for figuring that out....Ok so event handler stuff in the init field throws me...How exactly did you splice that in there...I did everything else eactly right but every time I try to start flashpoint it says something to the way of "flashpoint encountered a " instead of something.....All those quote marks and brackets are confusing as hell. Any help on how to insert this in the current event handler would be great.

Lamar

@madmedic....You are the man for figuring that out....Ok so event handler stuff in the init field throws me...How exactly did you splice that in there...I did everything else eactly right but every time I try to start flashpoint it says something to the way of "flashpoint encountered a " instead of something.....All those quote marks and brackets are confusing as hell. Any help on how to insert this in the current event handler would be great.

Lamar

(Actually...I just realized that the new version of these troops includes some BIS vehicles that are configured with an event handler that does exactly the same thing with a script called "crewcheck"...I should have done my research first ) biggrin_o.gif

ANYWAY...if you want to use the script that I made up, (which would be good if you do NOT want to use the BIS faces) do this to the event handlers in the COMBAT humvees:

ORIGINAL "init event handler:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> init="_this exec {\CBT_HMMWV\fx\CBT_HMMWV_Init.sqs}; if (format [""%1"", CBT_FctLoad] == ""scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef"") then {_this exec {\CBT_Misc\fx\CBT_init.sqs}}";CHANGE IT TO LOOK LIKE THIS:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> init="_this exec {\CBT_HMMWV\fx\setmycrew.sqs}; _this exec {\CBT_HMMWV\fx\CBT_HMMWV_Init.sqs}; if (format [""%1"", CBT_FctLoad] == ""scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef"") then {_this exec {\CBT_Misc\fx\CBT_init.sqs}}";

OR...To use the script that is already included in the HYKUSsol addon (which uses the BIS faces)...make it look like THIS:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> init="[_this select 0] exec {\HYK_USsol\CrewCheck.sqs}; _this exec {\CBT_HMMWV\fx\CBT_HMMWV_Init.sqs}; if (format [""%1"", CBT_FctLoad] == ""scalar bool array string 0xfcffffef"") then {_this exec {\CBT_Misc\fx\CBT_init.sqs}}";

thank you a million times over madmedic. Got the goods working and my armor division is up and rolling. Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it.

Lamar

Just got around to playing these guys, and wow...they WAY surpassed my expectations. They look...really, really good. The new model is so much improved over the old one (they look like human beings now rather than stocky, fat little midgets). a lot of the camo patterns such as woodland and desert '03 have been made much more accurate.The arctic opfor has been much needed for awhile and looks really good.

These guys have given me an itch to create a 1985 replacement pack...I think I might work on it.

Good update, as usual HYK! thumbs-up.gif

donwloadin now!

waitin for FINAL version & BIS face version to add this units to my own replacement Mod...   tounge2.gif

anyway, akemashite omedetougozaimasu Hyakushiki! notworthy.gif

Great Job! HYK. I've added these babies to my personnal mod, and they kick ass. I hope in the next release maybe some US pilots to get an entire infantry pack.

Great Job So far.

Still having a crash bug with this new pack. I put in a squad of marines, and it seems to play ok. I add a crewman, the mission starts up and within 30 seconds, CTD. Something has changed with this pack from the previous version big time. I noticed in the readme you are suppose to use either the Jam config of the plain config so I did make sure that was the case.

still having a crash bug on the crew. Anyone else experiencing this. If not Ill shut up.

still having a crash bug on the crew. Anyone else experiencing this. If not Ill shut up.

I think this CTD bug is caused by lack of animation selection in p3ds.

I found model bugs on both of MARPAT crews and ACU crews. huh.gif

Those units didn't have the animation selection for goggle gimic in LOD9.00, but I fixed them just now.

Does anyone have CTD bugs on other models?

If there's no bug report except on MARPAT crews and ACU crews, then I will release bug fixed version.

Hyk.

How about adding additional packs on soldiers who carry heavy weapons like Machine Guns, the current pouches are for standard mags only,

doesn't really sit while when your a machine gunner with standard magazine pouches. Great job anyways. This ain't a big deal just a suggestion.

Yeah like Rooney suggested, it would be nice to have variation between models slightly. Bigger puches for machine gunners and mabe a backpack for the medics. But no huge deal, still great soldiers.

Here's a minor update to fix the CTD problems on MARPAT and ACU crews. wink_o.gif

And some minor lighting bugs are fixed. Required addons are same as older versions.

Enjoy. smile_o.gif

DownLoad  (Version 2.04) <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(UPDATED! Jan. 10 2007- )</span></span>

<span style='color:red'>ttp://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_V204.rar (45Mb)</span>

Mirror (Click the link displayed in lower right side.)

Here's a minor update to fix the CTD problems on MARPAT and ACU crews. wink_o.gif

And some minor lighting bugs are fixed. Required addons are same as older versions.

Enjoy. smile_o.gif

DownLoad  (Version 2.04) <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(UPDATED! Jan. 10 2007- )</span></span>

<span style='color:red'>ttp://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_V204.rar (45Mb)</span>

Mirror (Click the link displayed in lower right side.)

Hyk

Guess what you fixed my crash bug. Thanks much. Now the only problem I noticed are the boots on the Crew start black when close by and changed to Brown as the crewman moves away. But that should be easy to fix.. On the marpat crew

Anyone willing to add these awesome units into the latest FFUR+SLX config file?   smile_o.gif

I could give it a try. But they would require editing of the head model to make them compatiable with standard BIS heads. Nice update HYK, couldn't find the bugs fixed myself but well better safe sorry ahh. Good job once more

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong as it's 12am here but I'm drunk, but anywho the first link times out all the time and the mirror only gives me a 20ish mb file which it says is v1.99. Having said that, is this going to be the last incremental update? because (not that I care) this is the 4th time I've had to d/load a 45mb file.

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong as it's 12am here but I'm drunk, but anywho the first link times out all the time and the mirror only gives me a 20ish mb file which it says is v1.99. Having said that, is this going to be the last incremental update? because (not that I care) this is the 4th time I've had to d/load a 45mb file.

Click the mirror and scroll down to the bottom of the page. You will see A BOLD line saying  HYK Modern U.S. Infantry Pack Ver.2.04 click this and then scroll half way down the page that opens till you see this again HYK Modern U.S. Infantry Pack Ver.2.04, on the right of that is a small link tellin you the the file is HYK Modern U.S. Infantry Pack Ver.2.04 and the size is 44.6mb, this is the download link.

Champion! Thanks Big-Rooney I knew it was because I was was drunk tounge2.gif . I was clicking on the top link (ala v1.99), problem solved. thumbs-up.gif

Hyk

Just have some pics to show current US troops equipment.

Here we see USMC soldier with M249 pouches and groin guard:

show-1.jpg

Here we see US soldiers in ACU with desert colored kneepads and no Gasbag. Soldier on left has pouches for m203 grenades:

show-2.jpg

Here we see another US soldier without gasbag:

show-3.jpg

The soldiers would look much better without the gasbag and some larger pouches for machine gunners and grenade pouches for grenadiers.