Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

Duke, I suggest you take out a letter or the img tag before one of those creatures of the other worlds, called moderators, come and hit you with a WL+

You ain't allowed to quotes pics!

Just trying to be helpful  crazy_o.gif

Totally amazing!!   notworthy.gif

This is the greatest U.S Units pack ive ever seen. Great job, hyakushiki! Japanese rocks!!

i got some request for you. could you add some goggles, NVG mount, neck pad...etc as "hiddenselection" for both army and marines model? i think this makes each units more individualize like pics or vids from iraq. and plz make original BIS face version without facetex and config notworthy.gif ...if you got time.

Thanks.

I have good idea, there pepole like Facetex2 (i'm the big fan of Facetex2), and there pepole like BIS Faces (sorry sad_o.gif ), HYK did you can make 2 pbo,s, 1 for Facetex2 &  one for BIS Faces.  smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif  yay.gif.

This will be the last update in 2006... wink_o.gif

I added Combat Vehicle Crews for each BDUs. and some lighting problems in the models are fixed.

Enjoy. smile_o.gif

DownLoad  (Version 2.03) <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>(UPDATED! Dec. 31 2006- )</span></span>

<span style='color:red'>ttp://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_V203.rar (45Mb)</span>

Mirror (Click the link displayed in right down side.)

ussol08sjv9.jpg

Looks damn good, thank you kindly, Hyakushiki. If I recall correctly, COMBAT! based their vehicle crews off your old v1.53 units, so they'd match texture-wise. This stuff looks good, thanks for your work.

Anyone having problems with the new version. It keeps crashing to desktop when I put in Crew soldiers.

Great units, I won't disagree with that. Best damn US Army units available, and the Marines aren't bad either (although I still prefer Safetycatches Marines when Llauma's head not needed). Nor the OPFOR.

But am I the only one who's bothered with the textures' "sharpness"? If you compare them to i.e. Lasers units (inc. RHS), or the FP units, you'll notice that they're alot "softer". Not so sharp shadows and alike. I don't own a 3-col desert uniform, or any military uniform as of that matter, but still. What do you guys think? huh.gif

new HYK virsion, Damn eusa_doh.gif, i don't see that.

Great Work HYK eusa_clap.gifsmile_o.gif.

Still having a crash bug with this new pack. I put in a squad of marines, and it seems to play ok. I add a crewman, the mission starts up and within 30 seconds, CTD. Something has changed with this pack from the previous version big time. I noticed in the readme you are suppose to use either the Jam config of the plain config so I did make sure that was the case.

Kind of an editing question here. I read the readme, but didn't get it icon_rolleyes.gif . I am using Hyk's Russian winter camo units that have Llauma heads. I want several of my units to have one particular face (for mission or campaign). My character needs to have the same face from mission to mission. Seems that everytime I load the mission, it is different face everytime. How can I keep the same face? Also, how to I choose faces ( I need an older soldier, he is going to be a Russian Colonel in the winter camo). Any help from you guys would be great.

and plz make original BIS face version without facetex and config notworthy.gif ...if you got time.

Thanks.

yeah these latest unit's are brilliant,particulary the marpat one's!About the bis faces,thats what i meant in my first post.If they are not modeled on the new lummina head their will be no problems replacing old bis unit's in a custom config!Black scorpion wrote

Quote[/b] ](although I still prefer Safetycatches Marines when Llauma's head not needed).

I'm most propably missing your point there (2 am, neither are born English speakers...), but... switching between the head models ain't that easy. To go from BIS head model to Llaumas head model you need to switch the head model in the .p3d file, set the "fset1" and "fset2" selections into the model and save it. Then, you need to put few lines into the config so that OFP knows to run the Facestex scripts and not try and apply the normal faces. To revert from Llaumas head to the original head, it's vice versa: same thing but in the other direction.

And my point about SafetyCatches Marines, just to clear it out. The MARPAT is good, no doubt of that, but I still think that SafetyCatches is better, even though it might be a tad unrealistic due to darker tones. I'll use these Marines when I want to have units with Llaumas head, and use my own custom head textures, but when it's just combat or MP, I prefer the SafetyCatch units. Sorry. confused_o.gif

And .COMmunist. To use custom face textures on these, they need to be of Llaumas head model mapping and in a .pbo. The, just like in OFP, you use the "setface" command, and put the classname of the face in it, just like normally. So i.e. when using HYKs BIS faces, it's "HYK_BIS1" (or 01; check the readme), depending on what face you want. But, instead of putting it in the units init field, you need to use a trigger that gets activated right after the mission start to overcome the Facestex scripts; a delay of about half a second should be enough. Just make sure the trigger gets activated. Dunno about using the init.sqs, since I think the scripts at the start of the game would overrun it, resulting nothing different.

Some absolutely top-class work here Hyakushi!

Domo arigato gozaimasu notworthy.gif

Quick Question....I know the debate about editing other peoples addons, but this is for personal use and I don't play multiplayer...I do however use all Combat addons and wonder if there is some way to change the Combat init in eventhandlers to fix the blob faces for the gunner and driver for the heemmit and Hummvs...Would it be possible to create a driver with a set face...What would I put in the config. I have already done this with previous Hyk U infantry but am unfamiliar with the Llama head problems of config editing.

Lamar

Quick Question....I know the debate about editing other peoples addons, but this is for personal use and I don't play multiplayer...I do however use all Combat addons and wonder if there is some way to change the Combat init in eventhandlers to fix the blob faces for the gunner and driver for the heemmit and Hummvs...Would it be possible to create a driver with a set face...What would I put in the config. I have already done this with previous Hyk U infantry but am unfamiliar with the Llama head problems of config editing.

Lamar

I was just about to post a similar question...

If these units are used as crew in the Combat HUMVEES, the face textures are messed up, and the goggles on the helmet are invisible.

Lamar

biggrin_o.gif  FIXED IT !!!

Make a script called "setfaces.sqs" with this text, and insert it into the "FX" folder inside the Combat Humvee addon:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_vehicle = _this select 0

[driver _vehicle] exec "\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs"

[driver _vehicle] exec "\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs"

[gunner _vehicle] exec "\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs"

[gunner _vehicle] exec "\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs"

[commander _vehicle] exec "\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs"

[commander _vehicle] exec "\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs"

goto "exit"

#exit

exit

And then add this line into the "init" eventhandler of the hummvees (or any other vehicle you wish to use):

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_this exec {\CBT_HMMWV\fx\setfaces.sqs}

This will give him the face textures, and the goggles

(You can substitute "LowerVisor" if you want the goggles down...and you can substitute any of the "facetex2" scripts for the faces if you dont want the BIS faces)

Happy Hunting!...madmedic

hykla5.jpg

These new unit's are great inlove.gif I've converted all my west unit's in my custom config to use the des marpat's! Just one lil problem but something i can live with,when a unit put's his arms up in the air the top of the arm looks all thin and wierd.