Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

I cant explain how good these units are,words dont do them justice.I would however like this explained please..

When using a SF unit with binoculars and you look at you player hes using the night vision goggles instead of the binos   crazy_o.gif .

snowtroops.jpg

One more tiny thing is the Ranger team leader has a pistol model on his leg but he has no pistol in his loadout,like i said its a tiny oversight to a fantastic pack.I absolutley love the winter units....."Two thumbs up"   biggrin_o.gif

I cant explain how good these units are,words dont do them justice.I would however like this explained please..

When using a SF unit with binoculars and you look at you player hes using the night vision goggles instead of the binos   crazy_o.gif .

I think that has something to do with in which order you add them both the units invetory. Easily fixed by editing the config.

well, the best infantry addon for OFP just got much better biggrin_o.gif I like the new airborne soldier models along with the other models. I would be nice to see more ranger models than just BHD inspired models though ie. more current models and woodland SF without field packs would be good too..again great job though

Awesme addons! Thanks allot! biggrin_o.gif

Any chance of you turning your skills towards making some opposition to these great soldiers?

I think we have enough russians, so how about terrorists, insurgents, mercs, or that type of thing?

Here are URLs for bug fixed versions.

JAM2 only version (Requies only JAM2)

<span style='color:red'>http://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_153.rar</span>

JAM2 + LSR US Weapon Pack version (Requies both JAM2 and Laser's U.S. Weapon Pack)

<span style='color:red'>http://big.freett.com/type100/HYK_USsol_153.rar</span>

(Updated: Jan. 16 2005)

Reported bugs such as binocular problem and loadout probrem are all fixed!  biggrin_o.gif

@Mr Reality

Thank you for detailed bug report. biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Why did I miss this?rock.gif Holy COW!! These looks AWESOME!

These look like VBS quality or better!!

My god, I can't really find the right words to express my feelings about this addon. It's just fantastic.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Quote[/b] ]These look like VBS quality or better!!

Not quite but they are indeed very good ofp addons. smile_o.gif

Thank you for this new version, really nice work.

More bugs sighted....Artic '03 SF Saboteur has medic arm patches and buttpack texture.

Desert '91 SF soldiers have no "wounded" arm textures - they go white when damaged.

Also - all '03 gas mask containers spell "series" wrong - it is written as "serise"

Also - all '03 gas mask containers spell "series" wrong - it is written as "serise"

^OH MY GOD! lol wink_o.gif

The amount of new units is just NUTS!! This is one awesome pack. I have't been able to chack them all out in such a short time, simpely because there are so many units.

I like the '93 rangers a lot. Nice feature that you added them. The '03 airborne and SF units look AWESOME!

This is by far the best and most complete(!) modern US infantry pack I've seen.

Hey, that's a bug that's been there since the first version...I remembered that somebody mentioned it months ago and figured I'd give it a look, since HYK did fix other minor things like mirrored "US" textures on the canteens.

Beautiful work, hyakushiki. These are and always have been the best soldiers in OFP. The soldiers in arctic gear are just awesome.

Sorry for updating again and again... sad_o.gif  Check links above.

Current version number is 1.52. Bugs which SEAL84 mentioned are fixd.

Thank you SEAL84.

Quote[/b] ]Hey, that's a bug that's been there since the first version...

Oops... wink_o.gif

Hyakushiki, thanks for these excellent addons!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Sorry for updating again and again... sad_o.gif  Check links above.

Current version number is 1.52. Bugs which SEAL84 mentioned are fixd.

Thank you SEAL84.

Quote[/b] ]Hey, that's a bug that's been there since the first version...

Oops... wink_o.gif

are you done yet?! crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif im just kiddin. great units.

could of done without the beret thou. woulda saved me the trouble of giving a bugfix to my users. but it has no affect on my opinion on the quality of this addon smile_o.gif

its very nice update. ill be hosting a mirror for the LSR/HYK one in a few. (will be including the USWP.pbo with the download) here shortly.

first i have some things to do before i can upload smile_o.gif

Uhhhh Ahhhh Uhhh AAhhhh!!!

*foams to death tounge_o.gif

THIS R0X0R, IN MY B0X0R!!! biggrin_o.gif

Great job!  Your the best!

#Hey boys/gals, hurry and grab these before BIA bands em!!! wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

WOW. Excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W00t! These guys are great! Excellent work!

After playing with these a bit, I cannot help to notice all the improvements smile_o.gif. You obviously put a lot of effort into making these guys perfect-I noticed that the "fat arms" are gone, not to mention you made the soldiers look less short and stubby (something I liked about LSR's soldiers) plus several other visual improvements. The hard part now is, which to choose: LSR's men for SF missions, or HYK's? tounge_o.gif

Great update!  smile_o.gif

I have a request though for addon makers who release large size addons.

Please, would it be possible to have the config as a seperate pbo?(such as the VITAPC or BASOPFOR packs)

The reason for this is that if I wanted to (for example) edit in Earl's weapons, I now have to re-pbo a very large file that is untouched except for the config. crazy_o.gif

Just a thought.

unless you download the mirror im about to upload (with max compression on) then depboing and repboing isnt a problems since its all uncompressed wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]depboing and repboing isnt a problems since its all uncompressed

I was wondering about that file size tounge_o.gif . But the models are beautiful, and I don't mind that my OFP folder has ballooned to 7.08 GB wink_o.gif .