Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

Looks great, hopefully no more having to give modern weapons to my troops manually if i want proper 03 soldiers.

Laser's US Weapons would be best! Some really nice weapons for '03 and '85 units!

BTW: Winterunits! Yeah! smile_o.gif

very nice smile_o.gif but PLEASE for the love of god DONT CHANGE THE MODEL PATHS! crazy_o.gif you have no idea how long that will take me to go back and fix all that tounge_o.gif leave the exsisting units' model and pbo name the same please smile_o.gif

they really make Y2K3 come alive smile_o.gif

The best US Infantry addon around, I usually never play with West, but with units like these..... biggrin_o.gif

btw Plz make them have Weapons from Laser's US weapon pack.

Looks great!!! unclesam.gif I didn't knew ofp soldiers could get any better but i get suprised every week or so biggrin_o.gif

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>MODERN WINTER GEAR! wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif </span>

Wohoo! biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]A drill sergeant addon would rule.

With a Half Life:Op For/FMJ twist. wink_o.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>OMG YOUR BACK</span> biggrin_o.gif

Looking awesome, really looking forward to the update...

Any details on planned new units or updates?

I play with the '85 infantry as a replacement for the BIS one since a lot of time .

So, as i didn't said this before, i take the opportunity :

Thank you hyakushiki and RyoGuGu

PS : your new units are fantastic !

The snow soldier is quite wierd , green bdus over a white uniform? rock.gif , doesnt that like kill the whole CAMOflauge idea?

The snow soldier is quite wierd , green bdus over a white uniform?  rock.gif , doesnt that like kill the whole CAMOflauge idea?

oh gawd here we go. Im sure thats just temporary until he does more work on them.

Welcome back HyK! we have all missed you!

Looking awesome, really looking forward to the update...

Any details on planned new units or updates?

Isn't the pic considered a detail about the new units and updates? rock.gif

Thanks for great soliders hyakushiki (and RyoGuGu)! Use your US soldiers all the time and loking forward to the update smile_o.gif

I know nothing about O2/textures etc. but if I could wish something for future updates it would be to tone down the bloodtextures a couple of notches.

As it is now it looks like you have been bathed in blood when you are hit. Maybe this is hard to do I don't know but it would make one of the best addons even better!

Thanks again,

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

The snow soldier is quite wierd , green bdus over a white uniform?  rock.gif , doesnt that like kill the whole CAMOflauge idea?

oh gawd here we go. Im sure thats just temporary until he does more work on them.

Welcome back HyK! we have all missed you!

Sorry but i didnt know they were temporary , i thought they were like final atleast the uniforms.

The snow soldier is quite wierd , green bdus over a white uniform? rock.gif , doesnt that like kill the whole CAMOflauge idea?

Eh, looks to me like it's a white cold-weather uniform over his green BDUs, which you can see around his neck. The MOLLE gear and pouches are woodland camo....just happens that way, sort of like guys in desert camo with woodland Interceptors.

Some pics from FAS.org of the earlier web gear:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/bdu-white-DFST9201661_JPG.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/bdu-white-DFST9204412_JPG.jpg

a note aboot the winter gear.

they do wear woodland gear.

the over whites need to be a little bulker and with a hood.

and the patch needs to be removed. they don't wear and unit patch on overwhites.

look good tho.

little note the 3rd ID would hardly ever wear overwhites. the main unit top wear them is the 172nd Infantry brigade (separate).

172nd IN BDE

Since the Desert BDU units represent the 3rd Infantry Division (Mechanized) and the Woodland represents the 2nd Infantry Division, perhaps the 10th Mountin Division for the Overwhites just like calm_terror suggested? wink_o.gif Well what ever you decide, i'm sure the units well turn out great! smile_o.gif

Welcome back Hyakushiki! we all miss you very much! biggrin_o.gif

wierd, I was just thinkin about how we need a quality modern US winter unit.

Coincidence?

Nah...fate

no not the 10th Mountian.. they ar enot a mountain division.

etc..

I said the 172nd Infantry Brigade Separate.

they have their own arm patch.

but again the overwhites don't have a patch because the overwhite is just a thin white shell worn over an ECW parkia or normal BDU's.