Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

jesus everyone is making a big "hoooplaaa" about earl not having an m16a2m203.. there is really nothing different about the m16a4 and the m16a2 except the handle is removable and you can mount stuff.. theres something different around the tip of the barrel.. but after that.. its the same gun! same rate of fire and everything.. put a end to your troubles.. use the m16a4m203.. afterall its only your BRAIN telling you its unrealistic.. If your not playing as the grenadier and was playing someone elses mission you wouldnt even notice it was a A4.

all of my troops are armed with m16a4's and m4's. Even if your that nit picky about it.. on militaryphotos.net there are pics of army regulars using m16a4's.

Hey, settle down man. I'm probably going to stick with the m16a4/m203.

But i feel just as you do LW, i never really noticed that it was an a4 rather than an a2. But hey, I opened up my mouth and i got some suggestions right? No need for anyone to get frustrated.

I don't think you should get technical about it though, because even Hyk's soldiers aren't from 1985.

Hyk's soldiers are 1985, 1991 and 2003.

I'd use Russkies from Marine Assault Pack.

They are great and do not cause any problems. And who cares if they are a little out of that era. biggrin_o.gif

Hey, settle down man. I'm probably going to stick with the m16a4/m203.

But i feel just as you do LW, i never really noticed that it was an a4 rather than an a2. But hey, I opened up my mouth and i got some suggestions right? No need for anyone to get frustrated.

Hey Silent Pro.

Are you gonna release it publicly?

Because I just can't wait to play it again with new stuff.

Ps.

I tried to change it myself, but I screwed it up.

Also.

Have anyone of you thought of Resistance forces.

Are there any good troops around available?

I don't think you should get technical about it though, because even Hyk's soldiers aren't from 1985.

Where can I find these 1985 soldiers? All I see in the Editor are 2003 and 1991 soldiers. Are you saying the 1991 era soldiers work for 1985rock.gif

EDIT:

Also.

Have anyone of you thought of Resistance forces.

Are there any good troops around available?

EDGE made some new resistance soldiers that you could use.

Try here.

They only retextured units, but they are perfect.

You'll need JAM.

The winter ones are really good aswell.

Here is the topic about them in this forums.

Ta.

@CERO.

Where can I find these 1985 soldiers? All I see in the Editor are 2003 and 1991 soldiers. Are you saying the 1991 era soldiers work for 1985rock.gif

editor.jpg

wink_o.gif

Yeah i may end up using those retextured guerilla's then...wow the scope of this project is starting to get bigger and bigger. I think what i will do for now is...release the config's as is...West forces modified only...and then perhaps down the line i will release updates to the EAST and Resistance side as well.

Like someone mentioned before, RHS will be releasing their new tanks soon and using those as replacements rather than SIGMA's interim addon would make more sense.

How's that sound? wink_o.gif

It might be possible to use INQ's weapons on for the East side, since I noticed on his site you can download his weapon pack with .jpg or .paa textures. They're about the same size, and I haven't tested the .paa for any performance improvement, but it should improve it from what I've heard. He also has a G-36K available on his site.

One thing the arm patch should be changable and make a winter verision wich just means the woodland units covered with "over whites".. and i like dhow you fixed the flag and made it fly right.

hoaah

One thing the arm patch should be changable and make a winter verision wich just means the woodland units covered with "over whites".. and i like dhow you fixed the flag and made it fly right.

hoaah

Funny I'm in the Army we wear woodland winter weight BDU uniforms with M65s Field jackets in the snow. Either the gortex coats or the old OD green winter parkas from the 50s. with field pants and Mikey mouse boots if its very cold, usually the od green golashes to wreck your boots. Only if your were doing a fictional ops or an artic mission where you get the white pull overs to cover your green uniform. Rangers used to get them in the 75th back in the early 80s.. But in Eroupe, and the States US Army wore woodland in winter durring field operations. Maybe the Marines might have winter uniforms seeing they gotta be special I'll ask the 3rd Force Recon guys I'm stuck with about their fancy digi cammo.

the 172nd infantry brigade uses overwhites

since they are special artic brigade.

stationed in alaska..

they wear overwhites.

and it is stated in a FM aboot winter camo.

the marines have same winter camo as the army.

i found an m16/m203 pack in 10 seconds and its good mad_o.gif

Care to share the link? rock.gif

yes i know the world is never satisfied.. im apart of that world. sorry i get greedy.

Welll.... its beeen along time i was just wondering were there going to be any updates?? lol.. this had to be one of the most satisfying addons ever.. not a bunch of people ask add this or that.. but i do have some suggestions after watching trailers of Full Spectrum Warrior (Xbox) and for you MOUT freaks out there (me inculuded) this is the game god made for us... heres somethings that can be improved

- Dirt Textures, soldiers are very clean.

- More Detailed and Bigger Kneepads.

- Changeable Unit patch

- Kits for Different Soldiers (Medic has medic pouches, Automatic Rifleman has special vest, and grenadiers have grenade vests.)

If I remember correctly, Hyakushiki has dissapeared. Countless people have been trying to contact him, and no one has yet to get a reply.

Maybe he locked himself in a closet with his computer till the next release?

I think its funny that the US army doesnt use white covers during winter trainning as the rest of the world does...so I guess the saying "train how you fight" doesnt apply when its snowing out.

and yes, these are the best american units out there good job

I think its funny that the US army doesnt use white covers during winter trainning as the rest of the world does...so I guess the saying "train how you fight" doesnt apply when its snowing out.

and yes, these are the best american units out there good job

the army DOES have snow camo..their worn over their regular fatigues..and I have a couple pics of SF solders with actual snow camo fatigues that is pretty recent...if I find it I'll post it up

He's not saying that we don't have winter fatigues. We already established this a long time ago. He's just stating that we don't train with them on; which we don't.