Sign in to follow this  
hyakushiki

Hyk modern u.s. infantry pack released

ugh I cant seem to get it to work please help.

Could it be linked to slx error ?

3 cheers for bumping old topics, but...

Is there any quick fix I can make to solve the problem of seeing the goggles in first-person view whenever I'm in a vehicle? It doesn't matter what vehicle it is, BIS, addon, whatever, but it's fairly annoying when trying to man an MG on a Humvee.

What can I do to fix this?

there was something.... if I remember right it's a missing selection entry in cfgmodels and/or the selections of the model. But I don't know how to fix this.

PanzerGrenadier is on the right track,I think.

Try here.This might help.

Or at least point you in the right direction.

smile_o.gif

Yes, this is good! But for some cases the solution is not in there. Try to make a selection named "mireni" and put in all of the head (with head itself). It solved the problem with the seeable headgear on my saudi arabian pilots. No need to set this in selection part of cfgmodels!!!

Just asking..did anyone add BD Grenade Pack to this in the Config File. I've tried to and im not getting anywhere can anyone help? This would be for personal use....

Thanx Sabre67

Just asking..did anyone add BD Grenade Pack to this in the Config File. I've tried to and im not getting anywhere can anyone help? This would be for personal use....

Thanx Sabre67

In the config.cpp located inside the HYK_OPFOR_RHScfg.pbo : look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\HYK_BISfaces\faceinitOF.sqs""";

};

Replace this by

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class EventHandlers

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\HYK_BISfaces\faceinitOF.sqs""; [_this select 0,0] exec ""\bd_grenadepack\AddNewUnit.sqs""";

};

Then for the config.cpp located in the HYK_USsol_LSRcfg.pbo

Look for

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs""; [_this select 0] exec {\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs}";

};

And replace this by

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\HYK_BISfaces\faceinit.sqs""; [_this select 0] exec {\HYK_USsol\RaiseVisor.sqs}; [_this select 0,0] exec ""\bd_grenadepack\AddNewUnit.sqs""";

};

then always in the same config, look for

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\HYK_BISfaces\BISfaces.sqs""; [_this select 0] exec {\HYK_USsol\LowerVisor.sqs}";

};

and replace this by

{

Init="[_this select 0] exec ""\HYK_BISfaces\BISfaces.sqs""; [_this select 0] exec {\HYK_USsol\LowerVisor.sqs}; [_this select 0,0] exec ""\bd_grenadepack\AddNewUnit.sqs""";

};

Then the HYK US soldiers and HYK OPFOR should be able to use any of the BD grenade you give them.

Was curious if you tested this, because i get an error message, But I am also using the JAM Config...Is there a conflict?

Sabre67

Yes, i tested and it works correctly without any errors message.

No idea if the configs in the JAM version have different eventhandlers, as i use only the RHS and Laser weapons version of the soldiers

Check if you have not replaced more than necessary or less than necessary in the HYK pbo configs, a missing "}" or ";" and nothing will work.

Check if you have the latest version of HYK units and of the grenade pack, and that of course you have all the pbo in the correct place.

And if you are sure you did all of this without a mistake, the exact error message would help to locate your problem.

Ok how do you make it so the unit uses the head you choose for it. Since it always uses the random look for some reason.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setface facename

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setface "facename"

Can't remember which ATM. The "facename" can be found from most readmes... with modern HYK, the choise would be the HYK's BISfaces and the few facestex stuff.

Well you guys sure can bring a topic back to life for an addon that hasn't been updated in months.

Well I was looking in my old OFP files yesterday and I found these not so interesting pictures. Just putting them here for the laugh.

1: Standard US Soldiers In All Equipment.

US-Soldiers.jpg

Link

2: US Special Forces In All Camos. Look Closely.

US-SFs.jpg<a href="http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l4/Big-Rooney/MCM/US-SFs.jpg" target="_blank">

Link</a>

How would I replace the BIS tanks that Hyk's used for his addons? I want to replace them with better community made ones. I don't know a lot about configs so when I de-PBO'd the addon I couldn't see anything obvious. Any ideas?

How would I replace the BIS tanks that Hyk's used for his addons? I want to replace them with better community made ones. I don't know a lot about configs so when I de-PBO'd the addon I couldn't see anything obvious. Any ideas?

You can replace everything you need from Res\dta\data3d.pbo, Like convert the HYK crews use a pbo converter, Then add the crew HYK on folder, Then you must change the crew name, Use the BIS crew name model, And Rename the HYK crew, Then use The Winpbo to replace the BIS ones.

And other way, You can made it into the Res\bin\config, Just change that tank crew class name, For example M1A1.

I hope you can understand, Because i don't undetstand what i'm say  crazy_o.gif .

You can replace everything you need from Res\dta\data3d.pbo, Like convert the HYK crews use a pbo converter, Then add the crew HYK on folder, Then you must change the crew name, Use the BIS crew name model, And Rename the HYK crew, Then use The Winpbo to replace the BIS ones.

And other way, You can made it into the Res\bin\config, Just change that tank crew class name, For example M1A1.

I hope you can understand, Because i don't undetstand what i'm say  crazy_o.gif .

Thanks for the reply but that's not what I mean. What I'm talking about is the BIS vehicles that HYK uses in his config for his soldiers. It is those I want to replace.

Well theres two ways that this can be done.

1: Change the class the vehicle is called in from (I've not seen the vehicle section of the HYK config so I don't know the exact class name, this is just a made up name).

It would go something like this.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class LandVehicle:All

class Tank:LandVehicle

class M1Abrams:Tank

cass HYK_USMC_M1A1:M1Abrams

Replace It With Something Like This

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class LandVehicle:All

class Tank:LandVehicle

class M1Abrams:Tank

class INQ_M1A2:M1Abrams

class HYK_USMC_M1A1:INQ_M1A2

See I've ReplacedThe BIS M1Abrams With The M1A2 From INQ M1A2 Pack. The INQ_M1A2 Is The Class Name For The Woodland M1A2 From The Pack. So Now instead of calling in from the BIS M1Abrams it calls in from INQ M1 pack. You'll have do get all the class names correct and the subclasses they call from. If you need more help this way. I could give you a config that gives you the HYK Units in the INQ M1A2 or any other vehicles you want. You could use it as a base for your project.

2: The second way is a little more complex (I find it easier). You could go the Mod replacement way, in you could replace the BIS M1Abrams with the INQ M1A2 like a Total Conversion Mod. This is complex if you don't have a lot of experience with the config setup. Some parts get confusing and it takes longer.

Hope I Helped!!!

Please help me I installed your v2.05. When I load a group of US Airborne desert '03 in mission editor and load the mission I get no entry' model error? I installed per your instruction.

You need to download LSR weapons for the US troops and RHS for the OpFor.

As said in the required addons.

You will get the "no entry model" error if you dont have the weapons.

If you still have this error with the weapons installed... Then you're kinda screwed.

You need to download LSR weapons for the US troops and RHS for the OpFor.

As said in the required addons.

You will get the "no entry model" error if you dont have the weapons.

If you still have this error with the weapons installed... Then you're kinda screwed.

I guess I am screwed... I installed the above like you said. But if you can point me to the most updated US Weapons pack(downloadsite). That would be helpful. Thank you. Can you post what you have in your addons folder that contains hyk, lsr, and rhs? Maybe I am missing something?

Hmm, I'll take a look when I get OFP back on my PC.