Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Guess the name of the game

Isn't that one of the Dizzy series of games? Bit wierd they were! Although I admit to spending some time with them in my earlier years. smile_o.gif

Yes smile_o.gif Now guess which one tounge_o.gif

I didn't know Dizzy was a series of games actually.

Here's another picture.

game2.jpg

lol he's flying up to heaven with his angel wings, cause he just died. I'm getting flash-backs hehe..

Yes smile_o.gif Now guess which one tounge_o.gif

I didn't know Dizzy was a series of games actually.

Here's another picture.

I'd guess at 'Spellbound Dizzy' perhaps?

There were loads of Dizzy games. Varied depending on the platform, I think the first one I played was 'Treasure Island Dizzy' on the spectrum, waaaaay back when...

6 hours have passed, so I'll reveal it now blues.gif

Crystal Kingdom Dizzy wow_o.gif

I like this thread, so I am renew..ing it since I have something significant to add. biggrin_o.gif

freowned1.jpg

Hint: I am trying to get other forum members to buy this game. biggrin_o.gif

I might add another one:

Old

Kamikaze.gif

Fans of that game might already know it, but there is a successor due to release the next days (early July):

New:

screenshot20.jpg

PS: Obviously, the name is in the link, so no cheating  wink_o.gif

PPS: The old game is available for free.

PPPS: Not the best screenshots available, but the others violate the forum rules crazy_o.gif

Battle Isle or something? rock.gif

A very early one

Attack of the mutant camels or any of its about zillion sequels, I think Jeff Minter must have written a game in a day at best times =)

Well, it has battleships, but it is hardcore strategy. It's published by famous SSI (Panzer General) (the original one, of course, as SSI doesn't exist anymore)

OOO! OOO! OOO! I know it! I know it! It's War In the Pacific! woohoo! partay! (once u said that it was made by them, i remembered it, and just to check, i checked the link tounge_o.gif )

Muhahahahaha! You guys will NEVER guess this one! tounge_o.gif I bet you wont either cause most OFP players i know don't like those "Civilian" games.....

de1_thumb.jpg

Comeon guys, don't look at URL. If you look at URL, don't post about it anymore.....just not fair to the "fair players"

OOO! OOO! OOO! I know it! I know it! It's War In the Pacific! woohoo! partay! (once u said that it was made by them, i remembered it, and just to check, i checked the link tounge_o.gif )

This is actually not correct, 'War in the Pacific' is the name of the new game. However, the original name is close enough  tounge_o.gif

btw: If your profile is correct, the original game is as old as you, so I forgive you this little error  biggrin_o.gif

Muhahahahaha! You guys will NEVER guess this one!  tounge_o.gif  I bet you wont either cause most OFP players i know don't like those "Civilian" games.....

[mg]http://www.gtagaming.com/images/sanandreas/screenshots/thumbnails/de1_thumb.jpg[/img]

Comeon guys, don't look at URL. If you look at URL, don't post about it anymore.....just not fair to the "fair players"

GTA: San Andreas, looked at the URL to confirm that I was right smile_o.gif

Easy one for me, I'm a big GTA fan smile_o.gif

OK, maybe someone can help me out here.

I'm looking for an old Nintendo NES game I had when I was a kid. It was like a modern warfare game, with US and Soviet style forces. The maps were islands divided into hexes and both sides had balanced units - the US had M-60 and M-1 tanks, the Soviets had T-62s and T-80s. MiG-23s and MiG-29s vs. F-4s and F-16s. I think the idea was to capture cities. I'm pretty sure the game was originally Japanese.

I remember it was a really fun, but really hard. I wish I could remember more about it, but nothing comes to mind. I've googled it, but none of the Nintendo fan sites seem to show up.

Can anyone help?

Yes, that's the one, I remember renting it.

From moby games:

Conflict is a turn-based, hex-grid wargame for the NES that can be played by one or two players. It is not a strictly historical wargame in which battles of the past are recreated using real-world geography. Instead, the two opposing sides (Blue vs. Red) fight it out across 16 imaginary scenarios with armies modeled on NATO and Warsaw Pact forces of the late 1980s.

The game alternates between two modes of play: a strategic/operational scale, in which players move their units around the hex map; and a tactical combat module for resolving unit-to-unit combats. In the tactical mode, human players have the choice of either issuing orders themselves or using the "auto" mode which delegates command to the AI. Splash graphics and text messages convey battle results.

By capturing towns and winning battles, the player gains "fame" points that can be used to purchase more and better military hardware. Every scenario ends only when the same, single victory condition is achieved by one of the two sides: destroy the opposing side's main battle tank unit in combat.

Winning any one of the first 15 scenarios yields a letter of the alphabet; together, the letters spell out the password that must be entered in order to play the final scenario.

1. Sabre Wulf?

2. Manic Miner or Jet Set Willy?

3. No idea, Hacker?

<span id='ME'><center>placebo slaps quoted image tag out of Hellfish's hand wink_o.gif</center></span>