Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Guess the name of the game

Tell that to majority of people I was talking about refering to the hours worked by most people in most societies.  I come from a community where about 90% of the people that don't have a college education who are single must work at least 10 to 12 hours just to pay for necessities and get on a VERY small disposible income.

More and more people are losing sight of the rising gap between the poor, the middle class, and the rich.  It's growing bigger and bigger very fast in the global economy in the "Developed" and "Advanced" nations, without much people recognizing it.

Trust me, when the economics and finance teachers have a little free time to talk about it in lecture at the university I'm at, they frequently stress about the illusion people are getting that the economic status of the majority of society is improving.

About the gaming issue, of course the young adult and middle age adults are gaining ground on the technological gap between their children and them.

However, it's still true about the ignorance of technology for many families and is not a myth.  I lived in such a family, my parents couldn't figure out on how to play a PSX or Playstation 2 to save their life, much less operate a computer or surf the web.  My father and I was the only person who could operate the remote without looking at it like a enigma puzzle.

More and more people are losing sight of the rising gap between the poor, the middle class, and the rich. It's growing bigger and bigger very fast in the global economy in the "Developed" and "Advanced" nations, without much people recognizing it.

Another myth. You think people are worse off than feudal serfs?

Maybe the gap is getting bigger in the US but not in developed or advanced nations.

Quote[/b] ]

Trust me, when the economics and finance teachers have a little free time to talk about it in lecture at the university I'm at, they frequently stress about the illusion people are getting that the economic status of the majority of society is improving.

Sorry, every time someone says 'trust me' like that, I think 'This person has no evidence so just wants me to believe whatever they say.'

Again, maybe in the US. Not everywhere. Thats what happens.

Believe what you want, but I don't BS about economic issues, period.  It is discussed here alot by very qualified and knowledgible Professors, and the outlook isn't good, not at least for the lower class and the poor.  The Middle class isn't fairing any better.

There are areas where this is reversing, but not many in a significant enough pace.  Have you lived thru or forgot how it is to work 10 to 12 hours a day, only to barely pay rent or mortage and ulilities, and have just bare scrap to just pay for food and almost zero for disposable income items.

It's a stark reality and this will always be in the vast majority, anyone who says different hasn't done their research.  There will always be a majority of the economic population who are in economic poverty and this fact will never change as long as politics, corruption, wars, hated, and greed exists in the world.

I won't discuss this issue here anymore, I've made my point and I don't want to take this topic offtopic too much.

Win, Lose or Draw: The Connect the Dots edition

lol biggrin_o.gif

Going to get some screenies of game show computer games up very soon!

A bad version of PONG?

It crawled out of the history books and came to bring vengence on its creators, MUHA HAH AHAHHAA!!!   tounge_o.gif

A bad version of PONG?

It crawled out of the history books and came to bring vengence on its creators, MUHA HAH AHAHHAA!!!   tounge_o.gif

No. The name of the game was Xonix. Anyone else familiar with it?

Is it Descent ?

But no idea if it is the first or second opus.

I never heard about Xonix , as joltan said, it reminds me of the old centipede too ;)

Is it Descent ?

It looks like Descent but, if it weren't for your post, I would not have recalled the name.

I haven't played any game in the Descent series, but there was one game that after you installed it, it showed a preview video of Descent 3 i think... I don't remember what game it was that made you watch that clip  crazy_o.gif

I think Descent was the first game with join in play. We had great fun playing it in school on the brand new Pentium 90's.

There are areas where this is reversing, but not many in a significant enough pace.  Have you lived thru or forgot how it is to work 10 to 12 hours a day, only to barely pay rent or mortage and ulilities, and have just bare scrap to just pay for food and almost zero for disposable income items.

I have to agree with Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX, this appears to be mostly a US problem. Sure I know more about computers than my father does, but that is because I am interested in them. He knows more about hiking gear than I do, simply because he is more interested in hiking than I am. And here we have regulated work days (eight hours I do beleive) anything above that is overtime and earns you, I think 35-25% more than regular work hours. My father always gets home at about five, just two hours after I usually get out of school. And noone in my immediate surroundings have families with economical problems, I guess the difference between Sweden and the US is very significant though...

(May I add that my father works as a telecommunications technician. Nothing fancy or "upper class" infact, the differences between upper class and middle class are almost invisible here)

Sorry for going off-topic, but it is a very interesting topic. Perhaps a new thread could be started?

(May I add that my father works as a telecommunications technician. Nothing fancy or "upper class" infact, the differences between upper class and middle class are almost invisible here)

I wouldn't say that. The upper class is very visible but they are not that many.

The gap between the working class and the middle class isn't big. You earn alot working in shifts in some industry, often more than highly educated persons. Everyone has the possibility to get an good education as it's free.

To make this on topic I will call it an analysis of the class structure in The Sims.

Perhaps I never notice it because the lack of "real upper class" citizens where I live. There are ofcourse the corporate bigshots with big houses and nice shiny SAAB 9-3's, but no Lamborghinis or BMW Z8's, nor snotty brats who act like asshats just because "daddy has money"

And the difference between the upper class and middleclass is probably very low compared to other countries like the US and others with a "fend for yourself" attitude. Here the average middleclass family has two cars, a fairly large house and two kids and still a bit of money to spend come the end of the month. The people who have it bad economically here, have it fairly good elsewhere.

EDIT: Do'h tounge_o.gif Will be back with a proper image.

I think Descent was the first game with join in play. We had great fun playing it in school on the brand new Pentium 90's.

<span id='ME'><center>der bastler got a déjŕ-vu!</center></span>

Same here back in mid-90s, Descent on our school Pentiums. Funny BNC connector LAN btw... biggrin_o.gif

Here's Descent --reloaded: http://icculus.org/d2x/

smile_o.gif

d2x-screenshot.jpg

game.jpg

Used to play this on our Amiga when I was 7-8 smile_o.gif Just looking at the pics.. nice memories hehe awesome game.

Used to play this on our Amiga when I was 7-8 smile_o.gif Just looking at the pics.. nice memories hehe awesome game.

Isn't that one of the Dizzy series of games? Bit wierd they were! Although I admit to spending some time with them in my earlier years. smile_o.gif

Some new riddles.

Dont´cheat !

ghosts

Addict game at least for me.

Edit: Eizei got it right, Ghostn Goblins

amc.gif

A very early one

monty_on_the_run.gif

A nice game with a superb soundtrack.

Edit: Eizei got it, Monty on the run

1. Ghost n goblins or something like that (I only played the sequel)

3. Monty on the run, I just love the theme music by Rob Hubbard. smile_o.gif

Top one is Ghosts and Goblins, a true classic, with a creepy soundrack to boot!

damn! Eizei beat me to it!

I haven't played any game in the Descent series, but there was one game that after you installed it, it showed a preview video of Descent 3 i think... I don't remember what game it was that made you watch that clip crazy_o.gif

Jagged alliance 2? tounge_o.gif