Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Guess the name of the game

Dune 2, The first Dune is very different (and much much better imo ;)

The first Dune was more like an adventure game with strategy elements. It was nice, but Dune 2 really got me hooked.

Quite funny that a RTS (Dune 2) was much more original game than an adventure game (Dune 1) those days.. tounge2.gif

I almost expected that nobody will get that one: Snipes

I actually wonder whether there is anybody else on these forums that played this game or at least used Novell Netware in the early days of networking smile_o.gif

I almost expected that nobody will get that one: Snipes

I actually wonder whether there is anybody else on these forums that played this game or at least used Novell Netware in the early days of networking smile_o.gif

I actually got that through googling the quote, but that's cheating so I didn't respond. tounge2.gif

Just out of curiosity from what version of Netware is the game? I remember we abused our school Netware network with NetWars (curse my alliteration philia again), but there was nohing called Snipes.

I am actually not sure which version, too long ago - ~14-16years :smilywithloooongwhitebeardhere:

Probably something like Netware 4.xx; we used some kind of MS-Word, maybe 2.0 or even 5.0, not sure about the MS-DOS version (maybe already 5.0 as well) on 80286 machines and 5.25" floppys...

Tetris and Digger were the games of choice thumbs-up.gif

Note that I was just a simple user of the network in an apprenticeship...

Regarding the article, it hints that this was the time when a version of the game got bundled with Netware. They call the bundled version NLSnipes but what we actually played was called NCSnipes.