Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hitman[SWAF]

You know when you have played too much ofp when:

you know when you've played too much ofp when you make a topic about playing too much ofp.

Ok I hit rock bottom again this weekend.

Was walking in downtown amsterdam with my gf this (easter)weekend when i saw a (what looked like a 'ofp mp that guy is dead) bird flying above the people in front of me.

For a second i thought i was ingame again.

The good thing is I deceided to spend the evening with my baby instead of playing with my buddy's on the zeus server, but i realise this might actualy mean ive realy played too much ofp.

@ April 13 2004,13:58)]Ok I hit rock bottom again this weekend.

Was walking in downtown amsterdam with my gf this (easter)weekend when i saw a (what looked like a 'ofp mp that guy is dead) bird flying above the people in front of me.

For a second i thought i was ingame again.

The good thing is I deceided to spend the evening with my baby instead of playing with my buddy's on the zeus server, but i realise this might actualy mean ive realy played too much ofp.

Ouch!

:P

you are taking cover in the nearest bush when you see a car whose driver you cant identify.

You buy a car and ask for the addon-maker in case there is something wrong.

You have an important day and you constantly wonder, when shall I save?

You attack poor old people because they have similliarities with Guba

When people try to shake your hand you salute

You hit any tree in your way because you are used that you automatically go around it.

You praise the modmaker instead of god for the nice textures.

Your eyes are getting worse and istead visiting a doctor you try to raise the screen-resolution

You refuse to enter the city-center because you are afraid it might reduce your framerate too much

When you walk 3-5 meters from a group of friends to prevent bunching.

When U look at war on TV and think how much that would lag in OFP  sad_o.gif

When U get off your computer, noticing that short night mission has actually gone on all night  crazy_o.gif

When U run into walls on ground level, because it will be quicker than going out the front door

All of which have happened to me  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]when your teacher's talking about the Iraqi insurgent's cowardness

Lill bit offtoppic but I would be really interested to hear what that teacher finds so cowardlike.

- When you accidentally fall from a 2 meters high cliff you shout "iiaeeeieaeaeiaeeeeeeeh" and go prone. You have to crawl 2 kilometers all the way to the nearest hospital and there you crawl near some nurse, turn on your back on the ground and wave your other hand above your head and you heal yourself.

lool nice one !

when U go paintballing, and when your under fire, you shout out "ALL! Report status!"

true story

when you start dreaming about posts on the forum starting with "BAS Download..."

You know when you've played too much ofp when you start throwing things over arm and wonder why they don't appear to come from your chest.

When you go to the barracks to buy a sniper. They tell you you have not enough money so you run to the next village covering behind every bush. Suddenly a car runs over you and you find yourself back in front of the barracks...

- When you dream you are hunted by a squad of evil Rainbow six MP players and everything looks like Real life but they move like OFP soldiers crazy_o.gif

- When you cant understand why you get dirty if you go prone

- When you say you cant carry enymore cause you filled out your mag. slots

- When you wonder why Tv's don't have a static picture

- When you cant understand why a Gun has whight

- When you are more interested in OFP than a prity girl(s)

- When you look at the down side at all other games

STGN

...when you get in your car in the morning and wonder why moving your hand left and right on your mouse wont make it steer.

...you run at a ridiculously slow rate unless your holding a big heavy gun.

...you wonder why there are so many civilians on the streets.

...you look at a civilian car driving normally along the road and wonder what AI addon theyre using

...you start to wonder why all houses enterable, and why there are no solid houses with no entrances.

...you are suprised about how many different types of cars there are and why the game is running so well with them all on screen.

...you think its 1985.

I was driving down a wet road the other day (in RL) and I went to hit the keypad enter key for an external view so I could see the spray off the back of my car! tounge_o.gif

Too much OFP again...

When u see something on TV or in a book and think: "THAT WOULD BE A FUN MISSION", and then spend the next 4 hours in the editor setting up the scenery, only get tired and fall alseep.

Next day... "Stupid mission, I'll finish it later."

That night... You read "The Stand" and try and figure a way to make it into a campaign (which i am somehow making)...

....etc

-In a nutshell

Making everything that happends in life into an unfinished campaign

when your reading this at 12.09 A.M with only the biggest math final ever at 8:30 the next day....dammit. mad_o.gif

When there is an awkward silence and you notice a little yellow box out of the corner of your eye.

-When one of the main reasons why you've joined the military is to become better at OFP.

-When you yawn during navigation training and don't pay attention at all, because you already know how to use the compass and read the map from OFP.

-When you almost fail your navigation test, because you only know alphanumeric instead of the 6 digit coords that the military uses.

-When you almost fail to qualify with the AT4, because you're aiming too high like with the BAS AT4.

-When you're trying to implement real world tactics that you've learned into your OFP gameplay. And are taking it seriously.

-When you have dreams about being a black op from FFUR '85 and fighting on the Desert Island with old textures.

-When you learn about NATO ORBAT layout from user-made missions and start using it whenever possible, regardless of whether it is appropriate or not.

Sorry for resurrecting a 7 year old topic, but I had to let it out.

When you install Arrowhead v1.60 patch in year 2012 and then rather load up 10 year old OFP and do a flight over one of many custom islands ;)

When you bougth a very expensive PC to play armA2 flawlessly and you're playing and modding OFP instead :icon_ohmygod:

Edited by ProfTournesol

When you . . . load up 10 year old OFP and do a flight over one of many custom islands ;)

Dang - that's what I've been doing the last few days!