Sign in to follow this  
jgk6

Mystery plane siezed in zimbabwe

64 unidentified men aboard of "various nationalities.

Headlines at google

Funny thing was, I had just finished a Tonal mission when I read this last night.

I just saw it on the news:

These men are soldiers of fortune who were heading to Guinee or Congo to guard a mine against local rebels.

64 soldiers of furtune, a complete army wow_o.gif

Already mentioned in Haiti thread, the plane is registered in the US, and the president of Zimbabwe was quick to blame the US for wanting to overthrow him.

Already mentioned in Haiti thread, the plane is registered in the US, and the president of Zimbabwe was quick to blame the US for wanting to overthrow him.

Why do some people imagine USA plots against other countries rock.gif

Because we are an Evil Empire now, with Russia unstable and the other contries being way smaller. "Hati, 51 state of the US maybe? wink_o.gif

Why do some people imagine USA plots against other countries  rock.gif

Not hard to believe at all allthough some are a bit paranoid. However, USA have interests around the world and they want to protect these and increase it's influence.

History has certainly shown us this is a fact.

Why do some people imagine USA plots against other countries  rock.gif

Maybe because sometimes it does ..... blues.gif

These men are soldiers of fortune who were heading to Guinee or Congo to guard a mine against local rebels.

64 soldiers of furtune, a complete army  wow_o.gif

HA! I was right! They were mercs going to guard some facility elsewhere in Africa. I'm so smart. smile_o.gif

I just heard in the News they were going to kill the President of an african country ;)

I want to be a merc.....anyone else want to set up a merc company with me? we'll advertise in SOF magazine, then end up in the congo fighting rebels tounge_o.gif

Well? Anyone? Just me then (thats my gap year sorted)

HELL YEAH!!! I mean, if you're a merc, you get all the gucci stuff... and that means... any weapon you want, any mods you want, hell they'll prolly design an RIS for you if you want.

Or just give you an XM8 Prototype. Yeah, the US Government is unbelievably corrupt...

***BLAME BUSH, NOT THE ARMED FORCES***

Pathy, have you been in the military? Been shot at? If so, THEN I'd start a merc company with you. tounge_o.gif

HA! I was right! They were mercs going to guard some facility elsewhere in Africa. I'm so smart. smile_o.gif

Here's a cookie, you clever man, you. tounge_o.gif

What will happen to the mercenaries?

No, i was planning to start a merc company on my knowledge of OFP....hell, thats enough for anyone huh?

So whos up for it? When they ask us our credentials we can say we are all veterans of "Operation Flashpoint", im sure they wont know what that is  wink_o.gif

Oh you can quiz me if you like....you play the corrupt leader of a Banana republic, and ill play me, and ill see if i can get a contract off you  tounge_o.gif

*In best Hispanic acccent* So, Mr. Pathy, I understand you wish to submit a bid on our contract for security consultants? Well, this is a very competitive field, and quite dangerous. You will be operating in a very harsh environment. The jungle is quite unforgiving.

So my first question, is how much experience do you have in military operations? None? Thank you, but the position has been filled. We will keep your application on file should we do any future hiring. My appologies, and wish you the best of luck. Oh, and I don't think I need to remind you that it would be in your best interest to forget this meeting ever occured." tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Is that confirmed 100% though? Anyway, if it is, good deductive reasoning indeed. smile_o.gif

From the cia factbook:

Quote[/b] ]The discovery and exploitation of large oil reserves have contributed to dramatic economic growth in recent years.
here

unclesam.gifmad_o.gif

*Cough*

Quote[/b] ]the aircraft had no connection to the U.S. government, and the company listed as the plane's owner said the aircraft was sold recently.

The united states sells hundreds of aircraft a year, why should the fact that the government at one time owned this plane automaticaly mean America was trying to secure interests???

This is like saying "Because this 727 was once operated by Northwest Airlines, that Northwest Airlines was attempting to assassinate the "president" of Zimbabwe."

icon_rolleyes.gif

Well if you have a plane with American registration (the N123456) landing at your airport, you can probably assume that it's an American plane. It's a very easy mistake to make. The new owners of that plane hadn't registered the airplane to it's new home yet.

I want to be a merc.....anyone else want to set up a merc company with me? we'll advertise in SOF magazine, then end up in the congo fighting rebels tounge_o.gif

Well? Anyone? Just me then (thats my gap year sorted)

Believe it or not, it's often sometimes just as easy as that. I know a guy from the Scottland who apparently had some money to blow and was a bit of a thrill seeker. With no military background whatsoever he just went down to Sierra Leone and got himself a "security" job down there after spending a few months pestering people for a merc job.

If those guys caught were mercs who wanted to operate in Zim country, then they picked a really stupid way to enter into the country and were most likely amateurs.

But for all we know it may have been a bunch of adventurers going on some kind of safari or something. If so they should have let the Zimbabwe government (and the US government or some other 3rd party) know in advance about their trip along with a clear list of equipment they'd be bringing in.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Man, you've gotta realize the risks involved though, it's no joke to be a merc somewhere in a not so safe African Nation. Well it might be upto a point I suppose. I've heard some nasty stuff from the general direction (monty python eh)

Heh, anyway! You guys should check out the new Jagged Alliance 2 that came out "JA2 Wildfire", it's all about mercs of course. I hear it is a lot more difficult than stock JA2.