Sign in to follow this  
KDog35

Ofp causes divorce

I was watching Divorce Court today. This couple was spliting up because the husband played a military war game 8 hours a day. She mentioned it had helicopters and you can take people hostage and things like that. At the end of the show, the judge asked what the game was and He said flashpoint. Pretty hilarious hearing that. BUT, he did mention that he cut his game play down to an hour a day.

Just wondering if the same guy will read this. tounge_o.gif

LOL, that must suck for the guy who was o nthe show. I saw one guy on Divorce Court who played CS too much and got divorced because of it. wink_o.gif

You deserve to get divorced if you play CS tounge_o.gif .

Haha. The wife claimed at one point he played for like 15 hours straight! He really must've had no life....AND HE HAD KIDS TOO!!! crazy_o.gif

From yahoo! Tv listings

http://tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d....intl=us

Quote[/b] ]FOX 11 Mar 08 02:00pm Add to My Calendar

Series/Reality, 30 Mins.

Episode #5DC074.

A woman says that her husband was addicted to computer video games throughout their marriage; he admits that she is right and promises to get rid of his computer to save the marriage.

Original Airdate: December 29, 2003.

Wondering, whether he will now sue BIS or Codemasters for making/publishing such an addictive game and ruining his life  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

PS: If it is YOU we are talking about - don't do it, okay?! wink_o.gif

I bet you it's a forum member.

We had someone here a while back mentioning divorce.

Someone needs to start a Flashpoints Anonymous workgroup. wow_o.gif

Why we already got the Anonymous Flashpoint Players(AFP) forum also known as BIFs wink_o.gif

STGN

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

Ah, another addition to my "You know when you have played too much OFP when:" colletion.  biggrin_o.gif

Here's some examples:

Quote[/b] ]- you walk through a park and use EVERY bush on your way as cover.

- you drive with friends to a party and insist that the headlights need to stay off.

- you walk through the city centre and look for a good sniping spot.

- you see a flag pole and desperatly have the urge to go to it and take the flag.

- you DO get the flag down from the pole and start running, while suddenly stopping and wondering why there is no message saying "xxxx took the flag"

lol, really some good ones..

could you gimme a link to the complete list ? i want to print it and then give it a nice place on my wall  biggrin_o.gif

edit: the guy with the near divorce deserves something special from the community ..

i´d suggest a barbara salesch addon

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

The complete list is in SWAF private forum. wink_o.gif

Ill PM most of them to you if you want though.

Today on Oprah: people who take Operation Flashpoint way too serious and even risk their marriage

LOL  biggrin_o.gif

BTW: Hitman can you publish the complete list on the forum

This topic rings bells with me,i'm 41 with two kids and have been playin flashpoint since it came out!Just recently every night and if i'm not playin it i'm reading about it.The wife is goin mad and i think i must be addicted. How about a warning on the  next game packaging something like they put on fag packets!!!  smile_o.gif

This topic rings bells with me,i'm 41 with two kids and have been playin flashpoint since it came out!Just recently every night and if i'm not playin it i'm reading about it.The wife is goin mad and i think i must be addicted. How about a warning on the  next game packaging something like they put on fag packets!!!  smile_o.gif

Lol, I can see the warning pictures now. A couple having sex in a red circle with a slash through it. I have managed to avoid divorce by waiting for my wife to go to sleep before cranking up OFP. Then I read the forums at work. I get very little sleep during the week then catch up in the weekend.

the guy who mentioned divorce also used "pubbing", which is not current in american english.

hmmm... What did this guy look like?

Boy, actually I _might_ know who it is and Dinger knows who I'm talking about.

either way

I think OFP just got a gigantic commercial there though.

I'm never getting married...

No fishwife is going to complain about my OFP!

I'm never getting married...

No fishwife is going to complain about my OFP!

I agree, if she did I'D be the one taking us to divorce court. tounge_o.gif

LOL , my wife tells me to play.Maybe I will get divorced because 'he didn't use the computer enough"

My son is 15, he just ditched his girlfriend because when she came over he couldn't use the computer,lol

Its a hard choice whether your girlfriend should be into computers or not if your a "puter addict"

He thought having one that doesn't would work, lol

ahhh people with there flashpoint proplems But I cant complain i cant leave the house for 5 mins with missin Ofp. Hell Its in my Kappa School bag everyday. I just cant stand it being at home alone I just like being near it tounge_o.gif

You all are a bunch of liars. Yea right. "on divorce court".

And you can't take hostages in OFP. Don't you people have anything better to do than make up silly stories?