Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Nuclear bomb

WEST - A10 B61 bomb test

Well something like that  wink_o.gif

As I am replying, how do you specify what bomb to release over a target via trigger or waypoint. I am a noob at editing but I would like to see one of these babys dropped from a distance.  biggrin_o.gif

(name of A10) doFire (name of target)

ie: A doFire B

So you mean that is all that is required in the triggers on activation field to drop the atomic bomb?

Dang, I was trying to use the bombs name in all sorts of ways to execute a drop over the target. Mind you I dePBO'ed the file and extracted the fired.sqs script and got the A-10 to "suicide" over the target!!

A mighty impressive explosion biggrin_o.gif

Many thanks for your effort and reply. smile_o.gif

i'm also working on a free fall B61 (more realistic).

B61 with parachute asd biggrin_o.gif

yes please do use the bomb i just added your scripts to it i have my nuke on it ages ago but yours is much better looking effect have fun with it

is there anyway to add those scripts to the bas scud launcher that will be nice

anyway it still an awesome addon

nice job!

Is there a script where the bomb can detonate even if you do not have an A10 nuke test,?? I mean I just want it to explode at a certain spot at any time?

ok you and just plave the test nuke and set its dammage to 1 useing a trigger or try looking over all posts and download my addon with this script in it that is a time bomb

Free Fall bomb complete smile_o.gif

Free Fall B61 screen1

Free Fall B61 screen2

new features:

-B61 IR and B61 FreeFall

-you can unarm B61

-new messages

Release it biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

But your progress looks Sweet man this nuke is awesome..

Thnxs for your time to make it.

tnx biggrin_o.gif

i must write a readme and i finish... (don't worry, i write it in italian and Indy will translate into english wink_o.gif )

This is my new favorite addon!

I have a question, what damage is the bomb susposed to do? I detonated 5 of these babies in that large town on the East Coast on Tonal and only some of the shacks were flattened, all buildings remained...

(or did BAS just make the building's health too high?

This is my new favorite addon!

I have a question, what damage is the bomb susposed to do? I detonated 5 of these babies in that large town on the East Coast on Tonal and only some of the shacks were flattened, all buildings remained...

(or did BAS just make the building's health too high?

the damage radius is about 1200-1300m... biggrin_o.gif

and the damage of a primary shockwave is 500000 damage point...

probabilty the building's health of houses is too hight or the buildings are indistructibiles (is it correct? asd.gif) smile_o.gif

try on everon biggrin_o.gif

So has the freefall version been released yet?

Also how come the A-10 flies INSANELY fast ? biggrin_o.gif

I tried flying it to drop the bomb and it was going over 1000!

also the A-bomb needs to be scripted so it flattens trees and kills EVERYTHING and everyone in the 1000km radius.

but other then that its AWESOME!! you can make some really cool battles with this in the backdrop

excellent work

the A-bomb needs to be scripted so it flattens trees and kills EVERYTHING and everyone in the 1000km radius.

There isn't a bomb on earth with a blast radius of 1000 kilometers crazy_o.gif

the A-bomb needs to be scripted so it flattens trees and kills EVERYTHING and everyone in the 1000km radius.

There isn't a bomb on earth with a blast radius of 1000 kilometers  crazy_o.gif

1000 meters not 1000 kilometers smile_o.gif

the B61-10 has 5kt yeld. (about 1000-1500 meters of max shockwave and heat damage radius)

the addon is in betatesting. coming soon biggrin_o.gif

[sorry for bad english ghostface.gif ]

So has the freefall version been released yet?

Also how come the A-10 flies INSANELY fast ? biggrin_o.gif

I tried flying it to drop the bomb and it was going over 1000!

also the A-bomb needs to be scripted so it flattens trees and kills EVERYTHING and everyone in the 1000km radius.

but other then that its AWESOME!! you can make some really cool battles with this in the backdrop

excellent work

the A10 is fast for escape to the explosion  biggrin_o.gif

new screen:

WaterWave.JPG

WOW, looks really cool. I think what would be really cool is if there was someone making a B2 bomber. But correct me if i'm wrong but i am sure i have seen screenies of one in production, am i wrong?

WOW, looks really cool. I think what would be really cool is if there was someone making a B2 bomber. But correct me if i'm wrong but i am sure i have seen screenies of one in production, am i wrong?

true, there was one a while back but it had really bad textures.

Quote[/b] ]the A10 is fast for escape to the explosion  biggrin_o.gif

Well, I'm always able to safely get away from the static A-Bomb, setting timer for 2 mins... works just fine if you run like hell... no need to fly even...

Nice bombs - but where's the passenger waving the cowboy hat? Yeee-hawww!!!!

The B-1, A-4 and F-111 were all allegedly nuclear capable. I think there have been models made of those aircraft.

No, those aircraft ARE definately nuclear capable, as are most US fixed wing combat aircraft. Most typically, B-61 platforms are: F-15E, F-16, F/A-18. Notable aircraft also included the AV-8B, A-6E, and A-7. Though it's usually not talked about, the F-117 is also nuclear capable, most likely with a B-61 variant.

Ironically, the A-10 is certainly NOT a nuke dropper, though it could be fitted with the weapon. Unless the device was delivered from max altitude, and max speed, and yeild was minimal, an A-10 would not escape the blast and thermals. A sub-kiloton yeild and a timed delay might allow an A-10 to escape, but it's not very realistic. It's more likely that there would be at least one fast mover that could accurately deliver a B-61, with a much greater chance of survival for the pilot.