Sign in to follow this  
Hjaldar

Huaa island by doa-decay

Been playing CTI on this island yesterday. Very interesting scenario, lots of hiding places for the men with the long rifles! wink_o.gif

Yep... dowloaded it and: MARVELOU. The maker must have used many MANY hours on making this island. Great. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Terrible sorry to say this, but I think this island a beta yet. It got alot of bugs:

1. Losing all sight sometimes, only see a few building and my weapon.

2. I think it is a bit undone road connection to Annacis and New Westminister and someother places. (its not a bug, only a sudjestion)

3. A bit fences everywhere (one fence there and one fence here)

Otherwise its a great island!

ARGHHH it lags like hell if you put a few units on it YES only a few will LAG it crazy_o.gif

I have a good PC mind you i can play tonal on it wink_o.gif

But this island theres something wrong with it i get 0.1 FPS with it after only putting a few airplanes and runway lights on one of the airport ....

Lags unexpected little for me (800mhz, 256 ram, screencard 32mb)

Really like your nature layout. Suggestions:

Organize the islan a little better.

Don't have so many bases and airports.

Make the bases more realistic.

More roads. (connect the island parts (maby with bridge?))

Use more time on making the "populated" areas more original and realistic as i can see you have done with the wildlife parts.

Keep the great wild life parts! They are great with the cliffs and stuff. Love the northern woods nearby the "something plains" up north in the middle.

Great!

Hope to hear from you here in the forum and to get a kick ass update where you do all this stuff. Then I will defenatly make this my northern island nr. 1.  Also make a working airstripe for AI.

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Organize the island a little better.

Don't have so many bases and airports.

Make the bases more realistic.

More roads. (connect the island parts (mayby with bridge?))

Use more time on making the "populated" areas more original and realistic as i can see you have done with the wildlife parts.

Keep the great wild life parts! They are great with the cliffs and stuff. Love the northern woods nearby the "something plains" up north in the middle.

Great!

Hope to hear from you here in the forum and to get a kick ass update where you do all this stuff. Then I will defenatly make this my northern island nr. 1.  Also make a working airstripe for AI.

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Couldnt agree more.

Couldnt agree more.

Thanks for the kudo's on the Island, it took a huge amount of time and was done before there were tools available to auto-create as it became. The original .wrp from Russia was used before it became commonly available.

Each tree, fence, grass, bush, house etc had to be set, previewed and then accepted. A few months after the release you could auto-forest area's which would saved me well over a month.

I did add the addon files in primarily for ease of use thinking that in time, certain items would no longer be available .. although in retrospect perhaps hosting those addons somewhere might have cut down on the download size

Just getting back into mapping, modelling and island building with Arma3 so was browsing old commentary, sorry to bring a post back after trolling myself :)

Any quick guides, quick thoughts, tool references on map building <DM, TDM, CTF> in Steam as I will start there to brush up on my skills ?

What type of AFV is Guarding the power plant.?

Map looks great BTW.

BTR-T from Sebastian Muller.

Any quick guides, quick thoughts, tool references on map building <DM, TDM, CTF> in Steam as I will start there to brush up on my skills ?

What do You mean by this? To make a mission (be it DM, TDM, CTF) You need only in-game editor. To make an island, You need proper tools, however AFAIK Visitor (OFP/ArmA proprietary map making tool) for A3 wasn't released yet - You have to use A2 one. But it'd be better to ask at A3 forums.

Map looks great BTW.

10 years ago but I think it was an early version of an ADAT adaptation

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:09 ----------

Thanks,

Was reviewing the missions in Steam and see so many errors and non functioning maps, was wondering if perhaps there was an item or issue with basic dm/tdm etc

Has anyone put out a guide for the community ?

I see Kegety's is still around - nice to see

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

BTR-T from Sebastian Muller.

What do You mean by this? To make a mission (be it DM, TDM, CTF) You need only in-game editor. To make an island, You need proper tools, however AFAIK Visitor (OFP/ArmA proprietary map making tool) for A3 wasn't released yet - You have to use A2 one. But it'd be better to ask at A3 forums.

Thank you, above was In response.