Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Retaliation campaign now available in English

As long as you reach the island undetected you can stay there as long as you want destroying those choppers! When you're detected the only thing that happens is that those choppers take off and it is way harder to take them down. So yes, if you destroy everythin even if you're spotted you're sweet!

Hooray! At last I've had time to get back to Retaliation and finish it. Pure dead brilliant, really enjoyed it.

I've also finished my walkthrough, in case anybody is interested. Or stuck.

It really isn't that hard to get all the choppers in Night Flyer. I made a bee line for the next waypoint, but found Vulcans on the way. I headed back to the coast and followed the east and south coasts at 10m and found no resistance at all before reaching chopper island. In fact, I touched down at a few Russsian garrisons looking vainly for fuel. I hit the island over water from the south east and got in undetected, which lets you do one pass (which I used for a furious rocket strike) before the base alerts and the choppers launch. I came around for another pass and started taking fire from what I later learned were M2s. I ejected, ran for a bush and took stock. I'd taken out the Vulcans, an AA soldier and one chopper crewman, but all 6 choppers got up, so that was a poor strafing run, but all you really need to do is get the Vulcans. I took out the M2 gunners with my AKSU, the choppers (which circled pointlessly unable to see me I guess) with the AA missile and M2s and and sailed home in the patrol boat.

This is my favourite campaign, except maybe CWC for sentimental reasons. Brilliant work.

Lol what a cunning plan. biggrin_o.gif I've added that to my walkthrough, hope you don't mind. (Credit given, obviously.)

@macguba. No problem. There wasn't a lot of planning to it though, just some quick thinking.

I'm always on the lookout to steal vehicles, so usually on contact with a base quickly check the map to see what's blue and looking to be stolen. On the first pass, I saw the patrol boat was blue and figured the mission designer gave me an alternate route home. If he did that, perhaps the intent was I do it from the ground?

On the second pass, knowing from the map I'd taken out the Vulcans, I started taking damage from at least 3 AA sources I couldn't see (turned out to be the 3 M2 gunners), so I bailed. Seemed the only option really.

Hooray!  At last I've had time to get back to Retaliation and finish it.    Pure dead brilliant, really enjoyed it.

I've also finished my walkthrough, in case anybody is interested.  Or stuck.

Macguba, I've just added link to your walkthrough on Retaliation homepage.

Once againe - thank you! smile_o.gif Good job!

I don't have time to go through this entire thread for this problem.

When I start the BLACK HAWK mission, where you're supposed to clear the airport, there's a major CPU loop somewhere that slows OFP down to dry sap.

Anyone else have this? Any solution?

Is it just me? sad_o.gif

Is it just me? sad_o.gif

Just you

Is it just me? sad_o.gif

Just you

Yep and I found out why.

I removed optional mod folders one at a time from the shorcut's -mod switch. My good ol' GMR Explosions mod was the source of the problem.

I wonder what's unique in the airport mission that could trigger this error in GMR? I've been using GMR with everything since the last version came out. rock.gif

edit: I get the exact same bug when running this mission under the Extended ECP Mod, which includes the ECP Mod's Dynamic Range plugin. So it would seem that there's a bug in sound packs that gets triggered by particular circumstances.

****spoiler****

Anyone have any tips on how to avoid being destroyed by the cobras in the T80 tank column after Regina (forgot the name of the mission)?  This campaign is absolutely fantastic by the way!

Unless you destroy all the choppers in the previous mission you're pretty much screwed!  wink_o.gif

It's a good thing I came back here to check why I'm stuck with all these Cobras killing my tank column. sad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Look I am a Red, White, and Blue, true American!

But I ALOT of times I play as a Russian. While fighting Americans in OFP.

The Cold War is over. We may not always agree politically. But

we are still friends. biggrin_o.gif And I would love to play the, Retalliation campaign.

I think there should be more Pro-Russian missions or mods!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Vote BUSH 04'

unclesam.gifunclesam.gifunclesam.gif

Quote[/b] ]Look I am a Red, White, and Blue, true American!  

But I ALOT of times I play as a Russian. While fighting Americans in OFP.

The Cold War is over. We may not always agree politically. But

we are still friends.  biggrin_o.gif   And I would love to play the, Retalliation campaign.

I think there should be more Pro-Russian missions or mods!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

in the first two mounth I played a lot of american missions but got tired of that the americans are the heros and the russians are the bad guys, killing sivilians and shit like that.

so I started to make some russian missions. but they wasn't so very good. then I found retaliation!! biggrin_o.gif witch made me very happy beacuse I hadn't played eny russian missions for 1 year!!! crazy_o.gif exept for my own missions. but the campaign inspered me to make my own campaign. so now I got 6 good missions that could be a campaign. it is about the resistans campaign. but now your're a russian. biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

macguba, could you please move your walkthrough on another host? As Avon Lady wrote link isn't work. Or send it to me, I'll put it on retaliation website.

Thank you!

As you may recall, my old website was zapped by Freewebs without reason or explanation.    Well, the good part of this little disaster was that I got to play Retaliation again.

<span style='font-size:18pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>New walkthrough now finished.</span></span>

If you haven't played this excellent seventeen mission campaign I strongly recommend that you do.   It is superb.

Having played a lot of single player missions and several user made campaign, i totally agree on the high quality of Retaliation.

Best campaign i ever played until now, the same level of gaming pleasure that i felt with Cold War Crisis and Resistance.

I hope that there will be a sequel with the same quality level.

Thank you so much to the dev team.

Ah I forgot to complement you on this campaign, it is really the best campaign out there. smile_o.gif

Not fully completed yet because it crashes at one point, however, the best campain I played so far wink_o.gif

Truth is such, i have enough trivially pro-americans campains when i fight in name of freedom, and begin war in name of freedom, and killing bad rusian soldiers in name of freedom, [which is unattainable illusion in hands (illusionist)] . Only this campaign shew somethings...and tell me -Protect your senses, because the most important it is not your hand, ass, or leg there now your head. "respect for soviets" big respect to people who create Peacekeeper . Yes this is best campain.

I dont if anyone has already asked this,but will there be a sequel to they're campaign?

I dont if anyone has already asked this,but will there be a sequel to they're campaign?

I've heard the rummors that there will be next part. ;)

Serious... But thread was locked/deleted and many members were banned. ghostface.gif

j/k tounge_o.gif