Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Retaliation campaign now available in English

I'd say that ENDMISSION was the reason the game did not count the helicopters you destroyed! sad_o.gif

sad_o.gif freeze on mission6 rock.gifrock.gifrock.gif

Never happened on other campaigns

tounge_o.gif It's a super campaign much better than default one...

You know guys, u should implement anti cheat system to your campaignl like us_mapper_911 did. remember his 3 operation freedom campaigns?

You know guys, u should implement anti cheat system to your campaignl like us_mapper_911 did. remember his 3 operation freedom campaigns?

Screw that! How in hell are we suppose to test it then? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

I'm on "Not A Step Back" mission and I just can't fight off all the incoming enemies. We are about 7 men defending against about 5 M60 tanks, 2 M113 and dozens of infantry. Just how can I defeat this kind of army with so little defence forces?!? Is this mission some kind of joke? rock.gif I try to fire one RPG on am attacking enemy tank and I get immediately 3846 bullets in my head.

Don't get me wrong, otherwise this campaign is tremendously awesome campaign! smile_o.gif Especially the speeches were at least as good as in bis campaigns, the cutscenes just sucks the player into the story and the atmosphere is great in every mission.

King Nothing

Have you tryed to take the place of artillery spotter and coordinate artillery fire?

Please read the hint inside mission carefully againe wink_o.gif

King Nothing

Have you tryed to take the place of artillery spotter and coordinate artillery fire?

Please read the hint inside mission carefully againe wink_o.gif

Thanks, but yes, I took the spotter's place and blew one enemy infatry platoon away but it didn't affect much their forces. Still they got all the armors and at least one other infantry platoon left.

EDIT: Huh, there are more that one strike available. Didn't know that one. smile_o.gif Are there infinite amount of them? wow_o.gif

King, try to get a good position and you'll do it wink_o.gif Believe me, there is nothing complicated.

I just finished Not a Step Back myself. Very intense. Called in many an artillery strike on the Yank's. Most of the Russians in our position were killed though making for a very sad end cutscene.

Took me a few tries though since I kept getting hit by Yank artillery.

EDIT: Huh, there are more that one strike available. Didn't know that one. smile_o.gif Are there infinite amount of them? wow_o.gif

King, the whole battery of the field artillery subordinate to you biggrin_o.gif

And yes, they've got too much ammunition wink_o.gif

Top notch!

I never wanted this campaign to end.. but I always had the feeling it would end after the evacuation of Everon. I was really releaved when I saw the words "To be continued..".

As mentioned the voice acting is superb. The mission editors really put alot of work into their missions, I can't really say that I didn't enjoy any of the 17 missions.

The last time I felt this way about a campaign was when I first played CWC 3 years ago, I gotta rate this higher than CwC though.

1. Retaliation

2. Cold War Crisis

3. FDF Campaign (name?)

4. Resistance

To sum it up: G-R-E-A-T work!

biggrin_o.gif

One question. SPOILERS COMING. During the cutscene after the Morton battle NATO bombs the heck out of Everon Airport. Tarkanov gets in his Mi24 and takes off. He's always, but ALWAYS hit by one of the bombs (or -something-), crashes, and dies in the cutscene. The radio and the Notes section of the next mission lead me to believe that this isn't supposed to happen. Is that chopper supposed to survive the cutscene or something?

Thank you smogmorph smile_o.gif

Javito1986, this bug assist only at 1.96 version. Have no idea why. Also I have no idea what kind of changes BIS included into the new patch wich can cause to this bug sad_o.gif

We will try to make a pach for 1.96 version.

Meh, it's no big deal I was just wondering. This is a phenominal campaign and it's -easily- my new favorite. FDF Campaign being a close second.

Meh, it's no big deal I was just wondering. This is a phenominal campaign and it's -easily- my new favorite. FDF Campaign being a close second.

You can try running it on one of the previous beta versions. It should work fine!

sad_o.gif freeze on mission6 rock.gif  rock.gif  rock.gif

Never happened on other campaigns

tounge_o.gif It's a super campaign much better than default one...

tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

The campaign is freezed when loading with GMR_exploMOD.

Don't know the reason...

Freaking awsome campaign!!!!

I only just beat Night Flyer but the missions are so great.

Some things that make your campaign better than the rest:

- Don't worry about making the storyline accurate to the original campaign.  This has much better character development and now it would make sense why Gubin would NOT be insane.  Plus from what I read in history books, we Americans were freaking asses and supplied many terrorists to fight the commies and look at what happened!!! (Afganistan, South america, turkey) Well, maybe my family experience isn't so great, my parents immigrated from Taiwan a few years before the Berlin wall collapsed.

- Awsome use of music, though that scary theme when it does the sudden string note frightens me.  It actually improved gameplay as it was well triggered to reflect the character's instincts.

- The missions seem to have insane focus on gameplay.  There are missions that qualify for the best.  Night Flyer was the best heli mission.  The one where you have to close off the enemy before the bmp blow the crap out of everything was the best attack the town mission.

Okay, better get back to playing the campaign.

Question.

In the mission "Masquerade" I get into the U.S. Army jeep with my guys and we go driving towards the objective. On both occassions after a minute or two of driving I've gotten the error message "Cannot found sound udsublud 1" (or something like that) and then my jeep exploded.

What's up with that? tounge_o.gif

I remember back when I first played the ridiculous red hammer campaign. I posted some commentaries on it, among them was that I wished that the conversations would be in russian with subtitles, for the sake of atmosphere. Severak people agreed with this, but there were some fools who disagreed, citing that it would take too much time to read the subtitles while in action (even though most conversations were in cutscenes. The retaliation campaign shames these fools, with its splendid voice acting and generally good subtitles (which I usually finish reading before the line they represent has finished playing). I especially like the incidental voices, like the joking crews in the "defend morton" mission and the singing of the gunner (or is it the pilot?) in the helicopter.

I would think just about anyone who played this would like to see more.

Yea, I love that it's all in native Russian as well. I don't even mind the Americans speaking Russian... even though it is funny when one of the CIA officers says "Because of you our grand children will all be speaking Russian!".

The subtitles don't bother me at all and they're not a hassle to read in action whatsoever. I also like the fact that after a while you begin to forget you're reading any subtitles and it's almost as though you can understand fluent Russian.

Then you turn subtitles off and don't know what the heck anybody is saying. But still. It'd be horrible to have English actors like they did in Red Hammer.

Question.

In the mission "Masquerade" I get into the U.S. Army jeep with my guys and we go driving towards the objective. On both occassions after a minute or two of driving I've gotten the error message "Cannot found sound udsublud 1" (or something like that) and then my jeep exploded.

What's up with that? tounge_o.gif

Hm wink_o.gif

But there is no such sound in the Masquerade mission.

There is only one resembling sound, called "ud_zablud1". But! It presents in the campaign. It should work on leaving of operating area.

P.S. We express our gratitude to anyone who sends their comments. Thank you, fellows! We are happy to know that you like our work.

I just finished the Retaliation campaign, this is by far the best campign I have ever played. Well done to all team members involved!

Looking forward to part 2,

RED

I just finished the Retaliation campaign, this is by far the best campign I have ever played. Well done to all team members involved!

Looking forward to part 2,

RED

That's only gonna happen if we get enough money to afford the same level of voice acting as we used in Episode 1 smile_o.gif