Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Retaliation campaign now available in English

Shrike

All tests of Peacekeeper has been maden on 1.91 version (original english and localized russian). And all of them were passed.

Strange thing goes around smile_o.gif We've noticed that's the most frequently CTD happened with AMD based computers. Sounds strange. I know. But this is statistics... What's your processor type? wink_o.gif

I have only one solution for you. Unpack campaign from pbo to the Campaign directory and delete RetaliationIEU.pbo after that. Try to start it from unpacked view. But I'm not sure that this would help...

theavonlady

Thank you very much! We'll examine all those variants!

Nah! We never were going to include English voices for Russian characters. That's just stupid. But we will need English voices for American soldiers in future releases. I actually doubt that we will release First Episode with English voices for it, it is just too much hassle.

I see. I guess I just misunderstood what you said. I'm glad that's the case.

I'm finding it quite amusing how the yank's are speaking russian,just wondering if they're speaking in a dodgy american accent?you know,like the russians in Hunt for Red October (or any cold war movie for that matter)spoke english with dodgy russian accents?BTW Great Campaign,this is what Red Hammer should've been. smile_o.gif

BTW, we've just updated RETALIATION web-site: added three new mirrows.

Is the web site down? I cant seem to get there, tried lots of times sad_o.gif

Would love to try this campaign wow_o.gif

Zay

Actually CTDs are usually related to a bad system (hardware or drivers), a corrupt OFP installation or a bad addon used. The latter can be ruled out in this case, as the campaign doesn't use any addons. OFP is one of the most demanding applications I have running on my computer - and the only one that tended to CTD. Still, it was a system issue causing this (fixed & rock stable now - no problems so far with the campaign either).

As for the campaign: excellent work! Right up there with the FDF campaign, Resistance and the original CWC campaign. Probably even the best of them.

Excellent!

TY hooahman and Avon smile_o.gif

Question--is this still the russian only version? I thought I read the english version has been released or did I get that wrong?

The link is for the English version that was released on Monday!

Can you guys switch topics to A&M:D since the topic about Retaliation there doesn't have a single reply yet sad_o.gif

Thanks for the info Antichrist,

cheers will do.

Zay

Looks nice. I found the first couple of missions a little frustrating but very well done. Lots of good ideas and attention to detail.

Sadly, when I reached the mission where you have to stop the enemy fleeing the town it just got too jerky on my machine. Guess this one will have to wait until I get my new PC.

Its nice to see that, after people had been questioning the future support of OFP, there are actually still high quality missions and campaigns coming out. Between this CSLA2 and FDF we're enjoying a really good time for OFP.

sorry i havent read all the thread, in abit of a hurry, but its a 100+meg download why so big, is htere addons included?

Thx for the replies concerning my CTDs. Yes I do have an AMD system but I very rarely have problems with it in OFP.

Usually I run it with about 600 Megs of addons without problems. Heck, yesterday we played an addon-heavy CTI for 4 hours and platoons of tanks going up against each other and dozens of units around and it ran perfectly fine.

Anyway I'll check my drivers and all as I REALLY want to continue playing this excellent campaign!   smile_o.gif

@ Mar. 19 2004,09:59)]sorry i havent read all the thread, in abit of a hurry, but its a 100+meg download why so big, is htere addons included?

There are no addons included, just high quality speech files. wink_o.gif

3 hour CTI. biggrin_o.gif

I have to confess i cheated with this campaign, I am playing it with Finmod, the SFX are great additions to the voices and I have a real AK, great looking BMPs and enemies that are affected by recoil. All good smile_o.gif

Jinef

Exelent idea! I gonna try play it with FDF smile_o.gif

a little about voice acting.

Most of my little life I lived in past USSR wink_o.gif

All the movies I saw were completely translated into russian. I mean there were no subtitles at all but voice acting. When I arrived to Israel that considered as west-culture, all movies on TV weren't translated into hebrew, but only subtitles in the bottom of a screen. All characters were speacking their origin language. In Russia till our days movies are beeing fully translated into russian. So i suppose Retaliation Team made their campaign as old-fashionated movie smile_o.gif

I finally tried this campaign out and overall I am VERY VERY impressed. Obviously a huge amount of work went into this campaign. I found that it works with no problems when you use it without unofficial addons. That's why I use mod folders for my addons. That why for campaigns like this it'll run smoothly just with the original OFP-Resistance BIS units.

One of the things, besides the excellent cut-scenes, that impressed me was the very high quality voice acting. I could only read the subtitles, but I laughed out loud at some of the great voices that were used, such as the voices of the bad guys and some of the gruffer voices of the Russian squad leaders.

The story is also very well done and very entertaining. I was afraid it would be really cheezy like some of the other campaign story lines, so I was pleasantly surprised.

So far I've only gotten through about 3 of the missions, but I'm impressed with what I've seen and haven't encountered any bugs.

I can't wait until I have more time to finish the campaign.

Hats of to the makers of this campaign for a job well done.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well being back after a 1 month break and seeing this was a reallly really nice surprise.I`ve been waiting for a loooooong time for your campaign since I am the worst kind of OF campaign junkies.I think a good story is what makes a game great and from what I see your campaign has a real good story and I am only at the third mission. Like it has been said before excelent voice acting and it really gives you the cold war feeling..

I recomand to people to play this campaign with

-ECP

-Fat Wombat high res textures

-Inq weapons

I have a medium computer and it is doesn`t lag at all

Only one question..Some time ago didn`t you realese some GAZ cars that were suposed to be part of the campaign.I could be wrong...

Once again guys Congratulation for your excelent work!It`s most appriciated smile_o.gif

I'm stuck...   sad_o.gif

In the 7th mission airport. I've cleared it without any losses and I'm waiting for Uncle Sam...

I saw the cutscene with the body, but nobody from my team dies... Is it a trigger prob?

Btw : Without a doubt , this is the best user-made campaign I ever played. I love the humour in the conversations!Great atmosfere.

I play with ECP and I've got only one savegame CTD in the fouth mission. (friendly visit, I think...)

I'm stuck...   sad_o.gif

In the 7th mission airport. I've cleared it without any losses and I'm waiting for Uncle Sam...

I saw the cutscene with the body, but nobody from my team dies... Is it a trigger prob?

Btw : Without a doubt , this is the best campaign I ever played. I love the humour in the conversations!Great atmosfere.

I play with ECP and I've got only one savegame CTD in the fouth mission. (friendly visit, I think...)

I cleared the airport without losses (because I left the dumbass AI that refused to engage in Saint Piere) and got a completely different cutscene rock.gif

Could the cutscene where the yanks show up end a little earlier? By the time it ends im normally taking a few (hundered) rounds in the face mad_o.gifwink_o.gif

Have anyone tried to run this campaign trough CSLA II ?

I get a CTD in the intro when the bad guys jump out and strat to shoot at the police. Though if I run it in normal OPF and then resume the intro via CSLA II at the first "restore point" it seems to work.

I have no problems running the campaign on FDF mod, but for some reason every time I try to run it on ECP it crashes to desktop sad_o.gif

Currently I'm playing through Steel Punch and am having difficulties. Tell me again how I'm supposed to shoot down those AH-1 Cobra's? I blasted them all in the previous mission and so it surprises the heck out of me to see them still around. Not quite sure how I have any hope of success without getting blown to bits by the U.S. air support...

Currently I'm playing through Steel Punch and am having difficulties. Tell me again how I'm supposed to shoot down those AH-1 Cobra's? I blasted them all in the previous mission and so it surprises the heck out of me to see them still around. Not quite sure how I have any hope of success without getting blown to bits by the U.S. air support...

If there are Cobras in that mission it means that you haven't destroyed all of them in the previous one. There are 2 Blackhawks and 4 Cobras on that island.

That's what I thought Antichrist. The trouble is though that in the previous mission I most certainly DID destroy all the enemy helicopters. I specifically remember getting the objective completed sign and all that good stuff.

Although now that I think about it I did get shot down on the way home, and used the end mission cheat because I didn't feel like walking all the way up Everon to get home... nuts. sad_o.gif

I have no problems running the campaign on FDF mod, but for some reason every time I try to run it on ECP it crashes to desktop sad_o.gif

Oh, and I can play just fine with ECP or FDF. Currently I play FDF though because whenever I use ECP that damn save game bug rears its ugly head and I can't reload my missions in case I die. Which, due to the nature of the campaign, happens a lot. smile_o.gif