Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Retaliation campaign now available in English

Why do you ask?  Did you write it?  There are no names in the readme or on the webpage so I don't even know who to thank.

There are names at the end credits! smile_o.gif

It is just that I thought that Night Flyer was probably the most entertaining mission I played. No fuel, no ammo, shitloads of AA defenses and that stupid gunner singing ;)

Is there a list of required addons for this anywhere? I'm getting missing addon errors during the opening two cutscenes. I don't see a list in the readme.

Ah, well I haven't got to the end yet ... I didn't have a problem with fuel or ammo, just the AA ... how did you do it btw?

Haven't seen any requirements for addons or had any addon problems myself.

Is there a list of required addons for this anywhere? I'm getting missing addon errors during the opening two cutscenes. I don't see a list in the readme.

There no addons used but due to the nature of OFP you might have to delete some addons or move them to OFP/Addons folder instead of OFP/Res/Addons folder to see the cutscenes. I had to delete BAS_Kiowa, because it was interfering with original Kiowa which was used in Convoy mission cutscene. Just see what addons are causign problems and delete them for the time you're playing the campaign. But then again I am only having those problems cause I have around 3 Gb of addons installed for OFP and have to use -nomap.

2 macguba

Just flying low at around 4-5 m. The only problem is bloody trees.... actually not trees themselves, but rather their stupid geometry LODs smile_o.gif

Yes I had that ... missing the tree ... missing the tree ... missing the tree BANG hit the tree. crazy_o.gif

Umm, did the capture the airfield mission end?

I have taken the airfield and have secured it, with lot's of exploration as well. I found a crashed heli also.... Is this meant to be flying?

I've only played the first couple of missions and noticed something on Friendly Visit...

If you stray to far from your hostages they leave your group. I got to the roadblock and didnt notice Id lost my hostages ages ago. I spent a while back tracking but they'd legged it sad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Everyone who wants to try yourself in voice acting for English characters, please, contact us at retaliation@flashpoint.ru

It would be great, if you'll send some examples of your voice.

P.S. This mailbox hasn't any size limits, but please, do not go too far wink_o.gif

Thank you smile_o.gif

Jinef,

Spoiler alert!

If you mean Black Hawk, the one after Messenger, then yes it does end - providing you let the Americans disembark from their choppers and fire first. If you fire first the mission won't end.

Everyone who wants to try yourself in voice acting for English characters, please, contact us at retaliation@flashpoint.ru

By English charatcers, you actually mean English-speaking, yes? Americans?

Derek

Yes, he means English-speaking characters.

Ok it was a small bug, trigger not activating, i retried and it worked smile_o.gif Now i am trying to understand what the guy says to do after we are being overrun in morton, all i heard was yes sir afterwards!

i´ve been follwing the developement of RETALIATION campaign since it got started. I played the demo missions and enjoyed the trailer.

Now what can I say ?

THANK YOU ! For making the best campaign ever.

I love it. I love the cinematics, I love the music, the voice acting, the humour, the mission editing (Hell you make other editors look really bad wink_o.gif ) , EVERYTHING.

If you don´t have the campaign yet folks, grab it. It´s worth the download. I like the high difficulty and I love the atmosphere.

A BIG Thank you !

I´m no natural english speaker, but if you are in need of a german speaker let me know biggrin_o.gif

I'd love to help with the voices, but I'm English.

Derek

I'd say that your version of American accent would be better than any American version of British accent smile_o.gif

If there are corrections needed for this campaign, how are you planning to implement them without making people downloaded a 130MB file again?

If there are corrections needed for this campaign, how are you planning to implement them without making people downloaded a 130MB file again?

Hm... That's a good question. But I hope there are no serious bugs will be detected in campaign.

Anyway we will think about this. We need installer with .pbo build in support.

Avon is killing ppl with her insane questions biggrin_o.gif

Keep work going guyz! I'll download it anyway.

Avon is killing ppl with her insane questions biggrin_o.gif

You know what's more insane? Writing up such a patch when it's needed.

Actually, Goodspeed, I think Toadlife once used a freeware patch program to create small patches for PBOs. Ask him.

Another alternative would be to use the AMORE method that I came up with last year.

That would mean repackaging the Campaign once but making it easy afterwards to replace the campaign PBO in the usual way or to add/replace any of the campaign's audio files.

I'd love to help with the voices, but I'm English.

Derek

I'd say that your version of American accent would be better than any American version of British accent smile_o.gif

Wrong, i can do a better British Accent than most Brit's can do an American one, it's called "Voice Training"

Think before making a comment like that dude.

Excellent stuff!

But it's a damn shame I can't continue after "Clean up".

After the cutscene between clean up and the next mission I CTD.

Every time, with 1.96 clean or ECP, 1.91 clean or ECP. I tried everything and there's nothing I can do sad sad sad sad_o.gif

Any idea? It crashes right after the text "Montignac..." on black background.

It wasn't the first CTD in this campaign but at least I could get past the others somehow...

My RPT file:

Quote[/b] ]=====================================================================

== E:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA196.EXE

=====================================================================

Exe version: Sat Jan 31 22:31:17 2004

graphics:  Direct3D HW T&L , Device: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, Driver:nv4_disp.dll 6.14.10.5303

resolution:  1600x1200x32

Addons:

VoiceRH in voicerh\, Bizon in bizon\, Su25 in su25\, 6G30 in 6g30\

BIS_WeaponPack in o_wp\, BMP2 in bmp2\, Kozlice in kozl\, Steyr in steyr\, AH64 in apac\

Vulcan in vulcan\, Hunter in hunter\, Kolo in kolo\, Mini in mini\, Trabant in trab\

G36a in g36a\, BRDM in brmd\, Ch47D in ch47\, HMMWV in humr\

LaserGuided in laserguided\, Noe in noe\, OH58 in oh58\, XMS in xms\

BIS_Resistance in o\, Flags1 in flags\, MM1 in mm-1\, Bradley in m2a2\

Mods: RES

=======================================================

Date: 03/18/04  Time: 17:53:52

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00456D55

Version 1.96

Fault address:  00456D55 01:00055D55 E:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA196.EXE

file:     06_Perevorot

world:    Eden

campaign: retaliationieu

battle:   intro

mission:  06_Perevorot

Prev. code bytes: C6 08 56 E8 C3 46 00 00 59 5E C3 51 55 56 8B F1

Fault code bytes: 8B 86 E4 00 00 00 BD 00 00 04 00 09 AE 98 01 00

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000

ESI:00000000 EDI:10179760

CS:EIP:001B:00456D55

SS:ESP:0023:0012E740  EBP:0012E7A4

DS:0023  ES:0023  FS:0038  GS:0000

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

Other than that I like it a lot! Great Atmosphere and quite difficult, I like that!

Keep up the good work

Shrike

After playing a bit, I feel compelled to comment.

Hearing that this was a campaign featuring just plain BIS addons, I was a bit doubtful about it. I mean, just how engaging could stock OFP stuff be at this point? BIS stuff was stellar in 2001, but after the release of Tonal, Nogojev, the FDF Mod, and so many other things, it just seems lacking somehow and extremely unexciting.

I was completely wrong to think that. I'm only a few missions in, but this campaign is fantasic. It's very, very well done. Thus far I'm enjoying it more than any other campaign I've played, and that says quite a bit. Good job, Retaliation team. You've done something very impressive with very little.

I'd like to say one last thing in closing... Based on the comments of somebody in this thread (Antichrist, I think,) it sounded like the plan was to release future versions of Retaliation to the English-speaking world with English dialogue only. Please don't do that. It completely ruins the atmosphere. Russians should speak Russian. Nobody minds reading subtitles and it really adds a lot to the overall feel of the campaign that way. Only the American characters should speak English. That should also help you limit the number of English speaking voices that you need.

Again, good job. I'd gladly donate a few bucks if I had a credit card.

Kurayami,

You can relax, they only want to have english spoken for the Americans.

I agree with the person who posted that the english voices should have russian subtitles, i think that would be an excellent touch.

I'd like to say one last thing in closing... Based on the comments of somebody in this thread (Antichrist, I think,) it sounded like the plan was to release future versions of Retaliation to the English-speaking world with English dialogue only. Please don't do that. It completely ruins the atmosphere. Russians should speak Russian. Nobody minds reading subtitles and it really adds a lot to the overall feel of the campaign that way. Only the American characters should speak English. That should also help you limit the number of English speaking voices that you need.

Again, good job. I'd gladly donate a few bucks if I had a credit card.

Nah! We never were going to include English voices for Russian characters. That's just stupid. But we will need English voices for American soldiers in future releases. I actually doubt that we will release First Episode with English voices for it, it is just too much hassle.