Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Retaliation campaign now available in English

Edit: The Retaliation Campaign in English is now available from the Retaliation Campaign site. This thread was originally started before the English version's release.

======================================

I was told that the long awaited Retaliation Campaign has already been released. It's supposed to be a big 130MB+ file. It includes what I've heard described as professional voice acting.

Just one problem for many of us: all the text (messages, dialog, briefings, overviews) is in Russian. sad_o.gif

Remember this thread? Well, looks like no one bothered to get the material translated.

Which is a real pity because one of the things most lacking is a seriously well done campaign from the Russian side.

I hope this thread gains the attention of someone on the Retaliation team.

Do you have an URL Avon ?

I can´t translate Russian but I can do English to German if that should be needed.

Do you have an URL Avon ?

I can´t translate Russian but I can do English to German if that should be needed.

No, though you could try looking for a URL on Flashpoint.RU.

I understand it is also distributed by CD mailing.

We've heard so many gripes from Russian OFP players over the years about most of the campaigns available being anti-Russian.

I hope they give us the opportunity to play from the Russian side (and I don't mean as in RH).

Quote[/b] ]No, though you could try looking for a URL on Flashpoint.RU.

I already did. There are only fragment of the retalitation page alive at flashpoint.ru.

If there is someting in their forums I can´t read it sad_o.gif

So it´s a "to buy" campaign ?

I enjoyed the demo missions a lot but I can´t find the total release pack anywhere.

I´like to have it and I am also longing for a good russian campaign.

If you see it you can give me a link and i'll translate it into English smile_o.gif I'll try looking for it but i have never seen neither in the internet nor in shops in real life. Here's my email: foxtrot@pike.net.ru.

for me it is best campaign *ever*! it has no non-official addons. voice acting is perfect. i recognaize voice from other games and TV  tounge_o.gif

no-no, we really need this campaign be translated into english 'coz it will really shut the anti-soviet/russian's fuck up!

but i remember that in some thread it was told that Retaliation team are going to release english version...  wink_o.gif

EDIT: forgot the link biggrin_o.gif

http://counter.byz.ru/dlcount....rl=http

Thanks, downloading it. smile_o.gif Now if anybody could tell me how to translate it... I don't know which programs to use in order to change the language inside the campaign and if it is legal. I can post translation here anyway. Waiting for your suggestions smile_o.gif

In the Readme file it's written that we can't change the campaign without author's permission. I think i will send an email to them.

Hi there! ;)

We are sorry for a such silence after the campaign release. It was maden purposely because for lack of other translations except Russian.

English and German versions are in development. By the most conservative estimate it'll be done in the end of march.

If someone wants to help us with other languages please contact us at retaliation@flashpoint.ru.

Thank you!

Foxtrot87

psyKKe already working on English version. Thank you for your offer anyway!

I just had a look at it. From what I can see this is the best unofficial campaign out there. Very professional. Good job guys.

Now, if I could understand something... biggrin_o.gif

Cant wait for the english (or french) version.

Cheers

Thank you for your response smile_o.gif Hope translated version will be ready very soon.

BTW We needed in three native english speakers to resound dialogues in English.

If you want to help, please contact us - retaliation@flashpoint.ru.

Hope you do not translate all the dialogs?!

The russian dialogs should have english subtitels.

When american soldiers talk they should talk english though...

I am really looking forward for your campaign!

Folks, if you want to get your hands on a what is most likely a really good campaign, start vounteering to get the campaign in English.

Good luck, Goodspeed! Glad to hear you want the rest of the world playing this, too.

If I can be of help, just let me know.

I am almost done with the translation. It should be ready by friday. After that it is just depends on how long it's gonna take to put stringtables back into pbo's and campaign will be released in English. Translation might not be perfect, but it is as close as I can get translating typical Soviet army humour and other stuff.... smile_o.gif

theavonlady

I'm just wondering... How can you help with translation from English into Russian rock.gifbiggrin_o.gif

BTW, i said that Retaliation Team are working on translation, but YOU didint believe me. wink_o.gifcrazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

theavonlady

I'm just wondering... How can you help with translation from English into Russian rock.gif  biggrin_o.gif

I said "IF". smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BTW, i said that Retaliation Team are working on translation, but YOU didint believe me. wink_o.gifcrazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I just don't want you to cut so much school time. tounge_o.gif

The English translation is done! You can expect the English version of the campaign by Monday!

The English translation is done! You can expect the English version of the campaign by Monday!

If I can get hold of a final version of it, I'll try to host a mirror copy.

Great!

Operation Flashpoint stays alive from custum made addons and campaigns these days and fortunately this long anticipated project has been finished.

At last!!! I been looking forward to a campaign from the east side. Red hammer was a real disapointment..

I had never heard of this campaign before, but it sounds really cool. Can't wait until Monday to try it biggrin_o.gif